TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Drops....

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to make a top 3 for each since I think a few coasters deserve a mention.

Steel:

3. Nitro- best drop you'll ever have in the front row. Lots of airtime on the drop and goes slow enough to tease you going down but still packs a punch.

2. Fahrenheit- nothing quite like going over 90 degrees. That jolt in the middle of the drop is great.

1. Skyrush- only coaster I've experienced that has 2 unbelievable drop moments on the same drop.

Wood:

3. Cyclone (SFNE)- I've never experienced such a catapult drop right out of the gate like I did on this.

2. Outlaw Run- not much to explain. Height and steepness provide a great drop.

1. El Toro- probably my #1 overall drop as well. I've never experienced a bigger sensation of falling like I have on this drop. Everything about this coaster is simply amazing.

Steel:

3. Millennium Force (CP) - It seems like this drop just lasts forever.

2. Intimidator 305 (KD) - Definitely goes by quicker than Millennium Force's drop but in the back row it's WTF insane.

1. Maverick (CP) - Nothing like this drop that I've been on before, it just completely blew my mind.

Wood:

3. Grizzly (KD) - If you ride in the back this ride is really rough, but it supplies a great bit of airtime.

2. Rebel Yell (KD) - This is an odd one but if it's running good on a given day this thing will supply near ejector air on almost every hill.

1. Jack Rabbit (KW) - As people have mentioned before, that double dip is insane.

My wood coaster count is a little bare, but once I make it out to ride El Toro and all three woodies at Holiday World then my wood best drop list will probably change a bit.

Back wing seat on Skyrush - either side. I love the duration of the MF drop but Skyrush's is the most ridiculous ejector moment I've experienced thus far.

I actually fear for my life (in the best possible way) during this drop.

The drops on most log flumes. I don't know why exactly, but I often enjoy that air-time feeling as you cascade down a good flume drop a lot more than many major 'top rated' coasters.

Notable examples:

Splash Mountain's final drop - MK WDW, Florida

Dudley Do-Right's final drop and camelback - IOA, Florida

Chiapas' main drop and camelback - Phantasialand, Germany.

If you could count this, my favorite drop would actually have to go to the GIBs, the first spike in the back row is absolutely insane, especially when the restraint isn't extremely tight! I actually really enjoy SLCs first drops but only in the back row, it gives a crazy whip that I don't feel in most coasters back rows shockingly

As far as drop towers my 2 favorites are Zumanjaro, and the drop tower at Morey's pier (don't know the manufacturer), for water slides the mat slides on the furthest pier with waterslides at Morey's Piers are insane!!! First off the slide has to be atleast 120 ft. And you take a turn off the platform and you see the beautiful beach and it destracts you from the terror that's about to assume, with the water sprayers and the air time off the slide itself let alone the same speed you catch, its unparalleled on any other slide I've been on! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND RIDING IT!

Hmmmmm, hesitating but the very first that comes to mind is Expedition GeForce... I love riding it with real enthusiasts and see them start it with hands up, then all of a sudden grabbing the bar mid drop. It really does it with lots of people on their first ride (backseat, left side)

Boulder Dash from the back seat.

X2 for the insane disorientation.

Cyclones backseats at SFNE and Coney (I like punishment apparently).

Big steel drops like MForce, I305, Goliath are great and all, but they don't differentiate themselves sufficiently from each other, and many many others, to be included.

There is a drop, perhaps more of a "dip" on my bucket list that would probably make this list. It's on the Tornado at Stricker's Grove, and a mistake in either the design or construction apparently makes it swear-level insane.