TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Drops....

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wood: El Toro

Water: Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, and honorable mention to the defunct Perilous Plunge.

Steel: X2 front seat

Drop Rides: Blue Fall

Other: Cyclops' psycho 18 and older seat drop.

Acrophobia is definitely my favorite. Got to ride it a couple times on my previous trip to Atlanta. It's absolutely insane.

Wild Eagle's first drop is really good too. I like to stick my arms and legs out forward on it. Feels like you're just free-falling. Goliath at SFOG was a good one too.

Wood: El Toro for me, hands down (or hands up... )

Steel: I305 (sans trims, of course), especially at night. The fact that you're already moving at a decent rate, and the angle and length of the drop make it one of the best anywhere.

Random: I love Alpengeist's first drop so much. It seems to take forever to drop, and the sense of speed is incredible flying through the valley.

Honorable mentions: Maverick and Fahrenheit. I really wanted to include Dare Devil Dive, but the heavy brakes going over the crest killed it for me. Still a good drop, but not nearly as intense as it could have been. I can't wait to get on Mystery Mine to try out another Eurofighter.

Griffon - drama and weightlessness

Skyrush - ejector seat

runner ups: I-305, Xcelerator, X2, Superman Discovery Kingdom, Millennium Force, Superman SFA (Maryland), Raging Bull (first drop, only)

Maverick - favorite beyond 90 degree drop

Fahrenheit was great. Dare Devil Dive is too braked. Mystery Mine is like a wild mouse on steroids (lap bars would improve it).

Voyage - favorite wood drops

(I haven't been on El Toro)

runner ups: Tremors, Apocalypse (dropping through the structure), Raven (back seat)

Wood:

- Any on the Phoenix (Airtime!!)

- 'The Drop' on Ghostrider

Steel:

- X's Skydive

- Xcel's Tophat (I love how it seems like it's going to dump right on to the street below)

Other:

- PP before neuterification (soo steep)

- ToT at DCA (only seat-belts!)

I'm sorry, but what is "PP".

I love Millenium Force's drop and Maverick's drop. Diamondback has a good drop (I think), as does, well, any other coaster with airtime over the drop.