TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

p. 45: Donkey Kong Country announced for 2024!

6 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

Y'all forget about this patent from a few years back? :) looks like the mine cart coaster "jumping the track" will become a reality!

No, I don't think anyone forgot, we've known about that for a while 🙂

The track is already on site and being installed so the only surprise for me is that it's not opening sooner. I think it's being manufactured by Setpoint, so I'm not expecting it to be a thriller, but I think the concept is super cool and I can't wait to see the end result.

^ I think due to corona a lot of people domestically haven't had a chance to try out NintendoLand and even more internationally. I think the date is timed with when they expect attendance from the hype over the existing NintendoLand area to start to tail off and being cautious over when corona dies down enough and the fall out to fade that tourism will pick up again as well.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2021 at 12:14 PM, cfc said:

But can any Donkey Kong ride possibly top Cosmoworld's Family Banana Coaster?

No! And that was David's "Very First Coaster" ride in Japan, when we toured with TPR in 2013!

718875661_ResizeofIMG_2340.JPG.cd0595f5b85c2138a22ae1249c51084f.JPG

He looks so determined, with his hands in the air, there. Gotta love that in a guy. 🥰

Pardon this sidebar.  Now back to your regular Universal Studios Japan programming....

Universal Studios Japan has announced a new long-term partnership with The Pokemon Company to develop new themed experiences to debut at the park as early as 2022!

FA_gvAIUYA4oyzC.thumb.jpg.9bc2b77e64f8bf9a47874efccf9fb43a.jpg

https://www.usj.co.jp/company/company_e/2021/1006.html

USJ LLC (headquarters: Konohana-ku, Osaka-shi / President and CEO: J.L. Bonnier) and The Pokémon Company (headquarters: Minato-ku, Tokyo / President and CEO: Tsunekazu Ishihara) announced a new collaborative partnership between the two entertainment leaders. Universal Studios Japan and The Pokémon Company will enter a long-term partnership to jointly explore groundbreaking entertainment that will immerse guests into the world of Pokémon with innovative technology and creativity beginning in 2022.

1006_1.jpg.aa33f74e7f8c7af7db9fbc0aa6ced470.jpg

President and CEO of USJ LLC, J.L. Bonnier, and President and CEO of The Pokémon Company, Tsunekazu Ishihara, both commented on the joint partnership as follows.

J.L. Bonnier (President and CEO, USJ LLC)

Pokémon is beloved by fans around the world. We are honored to have a long-term partnership with The Pokémon Company while developing groundbreaking Pokémon entertainment at Universal Studios Japan for both Pokémon fans and our guests. The globally popular Pokémon characters combined with Universal’s innovative approach to creating authentic and one-of-a-kind theme park entertainment promise excitement for the entire family. Our efforts to develop new guest experiences will continue to help reinvigorate the tourism market.

Tsunekazu Ishihara (President and CEO, The Pokémon Company)

The incredible team at Universal Studios Japan have the creative vision and leading expertise in world-class theme park technology to imagine a uniquely Pokémon experience. For 25 years, Pokémon has curated a legacy of trendsetting innovation while becoming one of the most beloved entertainment brands in the world through video games, animation, and more. This strategic alliance with Universal Studios Japan reflects our commitment to continue delivering the joy of Pokémon in ever evolving ways for years to come. We are looking forward to the day when we can welcome fans from around the world to all enjoy it together.

Universal Studios Japan has announced a new parade which will be the first experience to feature characters from Super Marios Bros and Pokémon following the recently announced strategic partnership with The Pokémon Company.

1013_1.jpg.275008d70afb4448eb8de5d940471355.jpg

https://www.usj.co.jp/company/company_e/2021/1013.html

New! No Limit! Parade Set to Debut at Universal Studios Japan in Spring 2022 with characters from Super Mario Bros and Pokémon, and more popular stars
Marks First Pokémon Collaboration

Universal Studios Japan will launch a new No Limit! Parade in Spring 2022. The innovative parade will feature globally popular characters from Super Mario Bros., Pokémon, Illumination’s Minions and Sing, Peanuts, Sesame Street and Hello Kitty. The parade will mark the first appearance of Super Mario Bros. characters following the SUPER NINTENDO WORLD opening as well as the start of the Pokémon collaboration with the theme park since the long-term partnership with The Pokémon Company was recently announced.

The dynamic parade will feature, spectacular floats, outrageous street performers, colorful costumes, high-energy music, and non-stop entertainment. Guests will dance through the decades of music from everything from 60’s rock to modern electronic dance music. Families will celebrate and let loose with their favorite characters as they pass by on themed floats representing the diverse dance styles.

• 2 years later...

Universal has officially announced the expansion to Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Japan... Donkey Kong Country!

dkc_usj.thumb.jpg.2f37addbce909121b1bc4468377ed189.jpg

https://www.usj.co.jp/web/en/us/areas/super-nintendo-world/donkey-kong-country

Step foot into an unknown, wild space with lush greenery. In this jungle where Donkey Kong and his friends live, you can hop on a mine cart from The Golden Temple for a thrilling ride through the mines, challenge yourself at a play experience using your whole body, and have loads of other wild adventures! Plus, you can check out all the food and merchandise in the middle of the jungle! Awaken your instinct to play and enjoy all the fun and surprises that the world of Donkey Kong has to offer!

^^ Short, but sweet. The actual ride (and 'Land') is going to be awesome! 🍌

^ And Bert? Don't forget that Universal Epic Universe in FL is cloning Universal Japan's Nintendo World, and including (what they're calling) Donkey Kong Country which of course, has that amazing looking 'coaster' ..... scheduled for 2025? And a wee bit closer to you, than Japan, lol.