TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

p. 45: Donkey Kong Country announced for 2024!

The other wait times don't seem too bad, compared to Dinosaur's.

I dunno, that's the kids area (teacups and a giant disko style ride) and T2:3D which normally seems to be one of the shortest wait-times of the park. I don't think the lines would be that great elsewhere. Although, i do agree if comparing to Dinosaur's 12 and a half hour line, even a 2-3 hour line for Backdrop or Space Fantasy VR edition probably would seem quite nice.

^ Just get in the gym for 8 hours a day training on the treadmill at top speed. That way when you visit again you'll be through the front gate like a bullet towards the coaster!

Is this the only dual station flyer where the guests enter on the inside of the two tracks? I never thought of it before, but that sounds like a MUCH better solution to crowd control instead of having guests enter from the outside, and exiting on the inside. Also notice how the grouper was getting everyone's extra items off and ready to be stored in the bins on the other side? A very simple and practical solution to the loose articles problem we in America always seem to have.

I really think a ride like Tatsu would benefit from this. Not only would a person be able to group better and fill in empty seats to increase capacity, but it would only take ONE employee to do it.

That being said, pretty crazy how EVERYONE immediately goes to this ride. It looks like a great coaster, but there's no way I'd wait 12 hours. Another thing I noticed, is it looks like the trains NEVER stack! That's pretty impressive so my hat's off to Universal Studios Japan for atleast doing their best to get folks through the line. I'm not sure 4 trains would work on this ride, so I would guess they have 3 running.

It's interesting how almost all the rides with inside loading dual station are at Disney or Universal parks. That does help with the capacity a lot.

They must be running 4 trains. Otherwise the lockers at the station will not make sense. Hollywood Dream was running 3 forward and 1 backward train when we were there so I assume it is like that on Flying Dinosaurs too.

Yeah there's no way it's worth a 12.5 hours wait, no ride in the world is worth it. (Dodonpa, maybe)

I have booked my entrance and express pass(including flying dinosaur) for April 28. What is best tactic to get to the flying dinosaur as soon as gates open so I can get a ride in before using my express pass? From the above video it doesn't look like I need to use a locker like in Orlando, is that correct?

Jesus christ, pay to enter the park and spend the entire day waiting for one ride. That's just madness on a new level.

One of the many reasons Japan is awesome: not one person in that line would complain...unless they were a coaster enthusiast visiting from another country!

I have booked my entrance and express pass(including flying dinosaur) for April 28. What is best tactic to get to the flying dinosaur as soon as gates open so I can get a ride in before using my express pass?

Run.

I have booked my entrance and express pass(including flying dinosaur) for April 28. What is best tactic to get to the flying dinosaur as soon as gates open so I can get a ride in before using my express pass?

Run.

Fast

Run.

Fast

As fast as humanly possible. . . Unless you have 750 minutes to spare.

I have booked my entrance and express pass(including flying dinosaur) for April 28. What is best tactic to get to the flying dinosaur as soon as gates open so I can get a ride in before using my express pass? From the above video it doesn't look like I need to use a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo like in Orlando, is that correct?

Sorry, I'm going to ruin the humorous replies with a serious comment.

Honestly looking at those videos, if you have a guaranteed 7 express pass already, and if with what Gerstlaueringvar said is still true about backdrop having one train, which I see no reason why that would have changed, I'd probably head to backdrop first while everyone is preoccupied with running to TFD, and maybe a forwards ride after that, before heading over and then use my TFD fast pass because you never know what the Japan weather would be like and it'd suck to see it go down because of rain so that way you have all the big outdoor rides out of the way.

I just see you being in a 4 hour line and then even with fast pass for a 2nd ride, half your day will be gone. The express pass exempts you from the timed entry to Harry Potter land which is nice since people will probably head there in the morning as well so you could maybe.... maybe, get a go on Space Fantasy (VR version will still be running) as well before that picks up too much.

Jaws was really quiet in the evening when I went from 90 minutes to 5 minutes and so was Jurassic but I'll be honest for both of them I normally use the single rider line and it moves quite quickly.

Does any-one know how fast the express line is with the 750 minute wait times? Not quite sure how many they are allocating with crowds and how swamped the lines are

Sorry for the double post, some-one who knew I was a BTTF fan sent me this. Not sure how reliable this is but apparently the last BTTF will close May 31st: http://kotaku.com/the-back-to-the-future-ride-is-officially-dead-1768183479

Had to check the clock first and make sure they weren't playing an April Fools on me. Osaka is only a 2 hour flight away.... Not sure how my heavily pregnant wife would take it disappearing off to say goodbye. Maybe it'll have the 12 hour line on it's farewell day instead of TFD

Ive found a video of the craziness

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

th?id=OIP.M310a92ebd0bb0390914dbe5a57327db2o1&pid=15.1&P=0&w=218&h=151

Seriously... a 750 minute wait? Wow... That's insane. However, good to see that the coaster is a hit!

Few things things.

1. This is crazy, where is the early entry? Fast Pass? etc. I wonder if there is a capacity issue. B&M's are normally people eaters.

2. It seems like people are over Potter after only 2 years. Makes you wonder about the shelf life.

3. This needs to be cloned for IOA. lol

Wow, crazy wait times for Jurassic Park The Flying Dinosaur! It looks really cool though. I would either buy an Express Pass that included the Flying Dinosaur or make a mad dash for the ride right at park opening if I was going to Japan this year, but I'm not . Harry Potter will still be insanely crowded, but Forbidden Journey will only have the second longest line in the park now. And noticing the wait time pictures, even some of the lesser rides had long waits. 75 minute wait for Elmo's Go Go Skateboard?? I don't even remember seeing that ride at USJ last year. I'll eventually have to get back to USJ to check out the Jurassic Park area plus whatever else they add next. Oh, and no sympathy from me for the closing of Back to the Future since I missed it last summer.