TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

p. 45: Donkey Kong Country announced for 2024!

That looks to be about the same size, if not a little bit larger, than the Wizarding World. As an FYI, that map in the article is rotated 180 degrees compared to Google Maps.

So, apparently, this will be the location and size of Nintendo Land in red, compared to the rest of the park. It matches up with the current rumors of being in BTTF area since the station on the map near Nintendo Land looks like Sakurajima Station. Also the budget is around $351 million dollars: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20160305-00000502-san-bus_all

I thought so at first, but looking at satellite images and what's said in the text it's actually being placed near the park entrance north of Space Fantasy.

^ I think you're right, I had the map flipped, but looking at the Japanese name of the station it does put it next to Universal Station on the opposite side of the park away from where the rumors had it placed..... interesting. I updated the other post, thanks for pointing that out.

I wonder why BTTF is the only ride off the fast-passes then. Space Fantasy is currently removed from some while the virtual reality overlay is on since it's one of the 3 choices of which 7 you get (flying/backdrop/XR) and Shrek is missing due to Cool Japan event taking over the theater but BTTF is currently operating like normal, could Despicable Me be coming before Nintendo Land?

^ I think you're right, I had the map flipped, but looking at the Japanese name of the station it does put it next to Universal Station on the opposite side of the park away from where the rumors had it placed..... interesting. I updated the other post, thanks for pointing that out.

I wonder why BTTF is the only ride off the fast-passes then. Space Fantasy is currently removed from some while the virtual reality overlay is on since it's one of the 3 choices of which 7 you get (flying/backdrop/XR) and Shrek is missing due to Cool Japan event taking over the theater but BTTF is currently operating like normal, could Despicable Me be coming before Nintendo Land?

There's rumors about Diagon Alley being coped over to Japan which would fit into the space BTTF and Backdraft occupies (unless the plan is for it to take over Jaws like it did in Orlando )

There's rumors about Diagon Alley being coped over to Japan which would fit into the space BTTF and Backdraft occupies (unless the plan is for it to take over Jaws like it did in Orlando )

They can do whatever they want with Back to the Future and Backdraft--just leave Jaws alone!

Meanwhile...

Source: Not sure, I found the image on the Nolimits-Exchange

11 hours?! If the queue was that length at the start of the day and you entered it as soon as the park opened, the park would barely be open long enough for you to ride it.

^ I think like when Harry Potter opened, you will probably need to find a friend who speaks Japanese or find a Japan based tour agency who can reserve fast passes ahead of time online to ride this thing especially with Flying Dinosaur being on one of the 3 fast pass options for the 7 set, hotel guests can also get them earlier I think from reception on the day than normal guests,I bet most of them will be gone before ticket booths even open an hour before the park opens.

Edt: Found a retweet on the made in USJ twitter feed with an even higher wait, 750 minutes regular at opening and 250 for single rider.

CdzFBB6UMAAg_Vr.jpg

Source

Edit 2: Seems they have to close the standby line 20 minutes after opening at 8.20am, translation makes it sound like the line stretches all the way back to BTTF area so with crowds I reckon if you go to the Jurassic area direct and get detoured you may not make it in time to the end of the line the other side before cut-off, better to go around the lake as if heading towards Spiderman:

CdyZCU8UsAA4Ihm.jpg

Source

Edited by Garet

^ I think like when Harry Potter opened, you will probably need to find a friend who speaks Japanese or find a Japan based tour agency who can reserve fast passes ahead of time online to ride this thing especially with Flying Dinosaur being on one of the 3 fast pass options for the 7 set, hotel guests can also get them earlier I think from reception on the day than normal guests,I bet most of them will be gone before ticket booths even open an hour before the park opens.

Edt: Found a retweet on the made in USJ twitter feed with an even higher wait, 750 minutes regular at opening and 250 for single rider.

CdzFBB6UMAAg_Vr.jpg

Source

Edit 2: Seems they have to close the standby line 20 minutes after opening at 8.20am:

CdyZCU8UsAA4Ihm.jpg

Source

You know a wait time is long when the line is CLOSED.

I wonder what options the park has though? I wonder if they would try out reservation only for this ride like the Korean parks have been trying recently (Atlantis is currently reservation only this month and T Express runs reservation with no standby until 3PM on and off depending on the season), not only is having people in a 12-hour line meaning they aren't spending elsewhere in the park, not to mention if you needed the bathroom! But I'm sure there are some families who can't physically make it to that end line point by 20 minutes after opening especially when you consider how many people will be lining up at the turnstiles. On my last trip I was at the park an hour before opening so was quite close to the gates for Japan standard when the park gates opened but the face-scanning for the annual passes was being slow and I definitely wouldn't have made that cut off.

Jesus christ, pay to enter the park and spend the entire day waiting for one ride. That's just madness on a new level.

That beats the lines at Fuji-Q, for now.

Welcome to Japan.

JEEZUS Wait times like that remind of opening day for Kingda Ka. I remember reading reports from a few people that braved the crowds that day and said between the constant breakdowns and a thunderstorm that blew through, people were waiting 10-11 hours for it. This is absolutely the longest wait time I've seen since then.