TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

p. 45: Donkey Kong Country announced for 2024!

• 4 weeks later...

I am thinking of head to the park on April 28, it's just before golden week so I expect it to be super busy. I went to the park about 10 years ago. The main reason I want to visit is to ride the flying dinosaur (been to HP in Orlando).

I am looking at express passes but they are super expensive, also do they only let you ride each ride once?

Is it worth going to the park without an express pass?

^ IIRC, the express pass lets you go buck wild on the included rides except Harry Potter land and Hollywood Dream. I seem to remember the rest of the attractions that offered it were unlimited. As for whether or not it's a smart idea to go without the express pass, I'd say that if you're planning on doing Harry Potter it's a must. If you don't care about Potter and don't mind some lines, you might as well give it a try without the express pass, just go straight to Hollywood Dream Back Drop to start your day.

^ Yep and not only that, on top of the multiple choices you have to make with more than 1 attraction on each ticket, but it's been split 3 ways so only the first pass will include Space Fantasy the virtual reality version, the second only includes Flying Dinosaur and the 3rd is only for Backdrop. And the Harry Potter Junior coaster isn't part of the choices it's one of the stand alone of the 7 so even if you weren't interested in a kiddie coaster you can't swap that one.

The 3 choices are now listed on the English site: http://www.usj.co.jp/e/ticket/

The only other option would be to buy the backdrop 7 and then buy the must-see pass (15th special) on top of that to get the other two but it's really pricey, by that point you could be ending up paying almost double the entry cost just on fast-passes depending on the day.

Edit: Here's something interesting I just noticed Back to the Future has been completely removed from all the fast passes.

I saw the POV on Screamscape and I think it will be by far the best flyer in the world. It has lots of zero g rolls and takes the best from Sky Scrapper and Tatsu, and that first drop was very steep for a flying coaster.

I stand corrected on the express pass. Definitely buy it.

Edit: Here's something interesting I just noticed Back to the Future has been completely removed from all the fast passes.

That's because it's about to die a sad death for minions.

I stand corrected on the express pass. Definitely buy it.

jontron-ah-boy-here-we-go.gif.ba57fd25033d7c0542f3fe7b875a5717.gif

Actually the current rumor is that the Nintendo area will claim BttF and Backdraft's spot since removing them opens up a lot of space in the south corner of the park.

Edited by cookiex

So, apparently, this will be the location and size of Nintendo Land in red, compared to the rest of the park. It puts it the opposite area of where the current rumors placed it (the BTTF area) since the station on the map near Nintendo Land is Universal Station. Also the budget is around $351 million dollars: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20160305-00000502-san-bus_all

I Looked at google maps newest scan for reference (Flying Dinosaur is just missing it's entrance pretzel loop), wow Harry Potter land still looks packed compared to the rest of the park: https://www.google.co.kr/maps/@34.6679468,135.4314259,120m/data=!3m1!1e3

Edit: Corrected location.

Edited by Garet