TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

p. 45: Donkey Kong Country announced for 2024!

I Just found a couple of new photos from USJ, posted on Screamscape.com

by a reader (Thank You whoever you are!) showing current construction...

db_2016_0122_FlyingDinosaur11.jpg.4d765485a3e726bf2ccd7104bfbe9bb5.jpg

Love this panoramic view of the layout.

db_2016_0122_FlyingDinosaur21.jpg.f85dd80b9e14eeac496418b921f2d9fc.jpg

^As awesome as the ride looks, I do agree with you. Remember also the rumor that it would partially take place place in an aviary? Hopefully we'll see a bit more once the ride opens.

Woah, if they did something like the aviary from either movie that would be absolutely amazing.

Maybe they can incorporate a section where the train picks up a random tourist and drops them into a huge mosasaurus tank.

#NeverForgetZara

Edited by michaellynn4

I hope there is more themeing on this coaster then it appears in the video, wasn't the rumored budget for this thing like $80 million?

I would imagine just based on that video we'll see some caves or something that you'll fly through. I would assume the queue will have some sort of themeing as well (all the video shows is a quick shot of the archway that says flying dinosaur).

I would assume the queue will have some sort of themeing as well (all the video shows is a quick shot of the archway that says flying dinosaur).

Judging by Uni's history with coasters and queues (Dragons, Mummy, Hulk, etc), um, yeah, there's going to be a buttload of themeing for this ride.

I mean, just forget Rip Ride Rockit...

So, apparently the partnership that will result in Nintendo-themed attractions in the Universal theme parks will extend to Universal Studios Japan as well, in case anyone was still questioning that.

^ I'd always kind of thought that being Japan, home of Nintendo, and with Potter in Osaka still being insanely popular, that any land for expansion would eventually go to Diagon Alley and Hogwarts Express and Universal would set up a 2nd park somewhere with Nintendo as the headliner to draw crowds, instead of it being somewhere in the already busy current park so I'm quite surprised by this.