TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

p. 45: Donkey Kong Country announced for 2024!

So the layout is killer! (I'm counting 5 inversions)

1. Super steep twisting drop

2. 540 roll (Like on Starry Sky Ripper)

3. Half loop into flying position

4. Pretzel loop (Tunnel at bottom?)

5. Panoramic curve over lake

6. Large Roll (Like Tatsu's first roll)

7. Helix

8. In line twist (Like Tatsu's last roll, or Starry Sky Ripper's last rolls)

CXZiaikU0AE8KHI.jpg

Source

Edited by chickenbowl

• 2 weeks later...

Do any of the flyers have MCBR's? I know they take longer to load than most coasters so is it just a case of it's not needed because the train will have already finished the circuit? Considering Backdrop can still pull in 4 hour lines and apparently passes can sell out even before opening on packed days thanks to Potterland, I dread to think how long the line would be for this one if you can't get a express pass 7.

Sea World's Manta has a mid-course set of brakes. Although they're slow to load, don't forget they also normally have dual station loading so get through a queue faster than a lot of coasters. Manta's theoretical capacity for example is about 1,500 which is very good.

Although they're slow to load, don't forget they also normally have dual station loading so get through a queue faster than a lot of coasters.

I was just thinking that Hollywood Dream has both a dual loading station and a MCBR to increase capacity as well as being faster to load than a flyer and that still had long lines. It'll be interesting to see how this does on opening for lines. I've heard of 6 hours for backdrop when it opened and HP still has 3-4 hours. Has there ever been a world record for longest line recorded?

Although they're slow to load, don't forget they also normally have dual station loading so get through a queue faster than a lot of coasters.

I was just thinking that Hollywood Dream has both a dual loading station and a MCBR to increase capacity as well as being faster to load than a flyer and that still had long lines. It'll be interesting to see how this does on opening for lines. I've heard of 6 hours for backdrop when it opened and HP still has 3-4 hours. Has there ever been a world record for longest line recorded?

But doesn't backdrop share the station with the forward trains, so the capacity is kinda split in half due to being 2 rides, right?