TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

p. 45: Donkey Kong Country announced for 2024!

^Would be epic if the pilot car of the trains is a Pterodactyl. (Yes, I had to Google the spelling.)

The artwork doesn't show a Pterodactyl, but a Pteranodon.

Neither of them are "dinosaurs" though, so the name of the ride is dumb.

Neither of them are "dinosaurs" though, so the name of the ride is dumb.

Hmm--rather doubt that your average park guest is going to care.

^Would be epic if the pilot car of the trains is a Pterodactyl. (Yes, I had to Google the spelling.)

Thanks for clearing that up............my day can continue now.

I'm just going to call this one Pteranodon. Sounds much better.

Anyways, "Flying Dinosaur over Universal Studios Japan, but not the Rainforest, and then to Chris Pratt" will become the world's longest flying coaster. And will also boast the largest drop on any flying roller coaster. It could possibly break the speed record for flying coasters as well, if not, it will easily become the 2nd fastest.

Let's just hope that we get another unique layout like Starry Sky Ripper.

Edited by JonnyRCT3

TRANSLATION FROM WEBSITE

Story: 2001 Since its opening of the year , it has been popular from the guest around the world , " Jurassic Park " . Actually Within the site , to eliminate human management to the limit , the area that Pteranodon of wild living was secretly exist .

" Jurassic Park " development team , to make the dream of attraction to fly with them , have been over many years research .

And finally , to discipline the Pteranodon wild , it succeeded in to fly in a stable state .

However , it said that well -trained , they are wild dinosaur .

During the flight , it's careful because say suddenly sometimes you lose control ... .

grabbed the back to the dinosaur ,

The inside of the world of spread out below " Jurassic Park " ,

To the dictates of the wild instinct of empty ruler Pteranodon

Swayed 360 degrees is Buttobasa at breakneck speed ,

Large screaming in unimaginable overwhelming thrill .

Overwhelming G Force rugged world's longest ※ course of the world's largest height difference ※ produces ,

It was a combination of three elements that dense world of " Jurassic Park "

Best flying coaster world .

It is , in a posture bird was facing down the face and body to fly in the sky ,

From the head in the flesh and blood of the state to toe is a coaster of the next generation that can feel the wind and the thrill .

^I'm not a fan of them, either, but Starry Sky Ripper (China) and Manta (Orlando) are very good. I think the setting can make a big difference.

Edited by cfc

I've never been a huge fan of the B&M flyers, although I've only been on Manta and a few Supermans. Hopefull this thing has a custom layout that maximizes the effect of the "flying" position.

I'm very hit & miss on them. While none of them would ever appear in my "top 20 coasters" I do actually like Tatsu, Manta, and Starry Sky Ripper quite a bit. Air and the Superman clones are pretty "meh" in my opinion.

Starry Sky Ripper is awesome, Superman clones are meh. But I'm pretty sure Universal knows exactly what they are looking for and this will be awesome. Even if it's a boring coaster like Superman, it will still be so heavily themed that Crystal Wing will seem cheap as crap.

Plus it's in Japan so that automatically makes it better...

Starry Sky Ripper is awesome, Superman clones are meh. But I'm pretty sure Universal knows exactly what they are looking for and this will be awesome. Even if it's a boring coaster like Superman, it will still be so heavily themed that Crystal Wing will seem cheap as crap.

Flying coasters have always been "spectacle" coasters anyway, existing to make guests and riders go "wow" even though they aren't anywhere near the best out there.

Everyone keeps hoping for a unique layout, but the thing already has one. And now that the height and length have been announced, it literally can't be a clone.

It's going to be unique, and it's probably (definitely) going to be awesome. Can't wait!

By unique I mean something other than lift, curved drop, pretzel loop, turn, roll, turn, roll, turn, brakes a sequence that every flyer except Starry Night Ripper seems to follow somewhat.

I do enjoy Manta, the pretzel loop is getting to be a bit much for me in my old age but the themeing around the rest of the ride is enjoyable.

Everyone keeps hoping for a unique layout, but the thing already has one. And now that the height and length have been announced, it literally can't be a clone.

It's going to be unique, and it's probably (definitely) going to be awesome. Can't wait!

By unique I mean something other than lift, curved drop, pretzel loop, turn, roll, turn, roll, turn, brakes a sequence that every flyer except Starry Night Ripper seems to follow somewhat.

I do enjoy Manta, the pretzel loop is getting to be a bit much for me in my old age but the themeing around the rest of the ride is enjoyable.

B&M Flyer Pretzel Loops are a curious case to me- I like Batman The Ride-esque intensity on my looping coasters, and Pretzel Loops probably meet that criteria, but the sensation they give is just awkward. I can't put my finger on what it is exactly that causes it, but it's probably enhanced by all the fluff there is in the layout prior to and after this one super-intense element. I've not ridden Tatsu or any of the overseas examples.

I would never consider any ride with a pretzel loop to be "meh."

That has to be one of the most batsh*t crazy ride elements ever -- seriously intense and amazing.

That said, I tend to agree that the rest of the ride experience on Superman (the only flyer I have been on) tends to be pretty "meh."

I would never consider any ride with a pretzel loop to be "meh."

That has to be one of the most batsh*t crazy ride elements ever -- seriously intense and amazing.

That said, I tend to agree that the rest of the ride experience on Superman (the only flyer I have been on) tends to be pretty "meh."

I wouldn't even ride Superman for the pretzel loop. The ride is too boring to justify it and its lines are alway ridiculous. I've seen all three (SFOG's a couple of times) and have passed them up lately.

They're personally my fav type of ride. Manta is my #1 coaster. The superman flying coasters are in my top 10. My dream would be Cedar Point building a flying coaster over the lake... is it not strange this is the one type of coaster they seem to avoid?

Manta and Tatsu were great (Tatsu was exceptionally in that case). It's just the Superman clones that are incredibly boring. I've been on every B&M flyer in the US but I haven't tried any of the international ones.

I have faith that USJ's will be a custom and so far the customs are good flyers.

Edited by RollerManic