TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

p. 45: Donkey Kong Country announced for 2024!

That does sound like an amazing coaster addition. Interesting that they did not choose to expand Harry Potter, but went with a B&M flyer instead. Looking forward to seeing the concept art.

USH would be lucky to even get a Zamperla Kite Flyer. As usual, the parks in Japan continue to impress.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry we never posted back after our visit last month!

Anyways, the B&M Track is on site and visible as it looks like they'll be getting the long rumored for IOA Pteranodon Aviary B&M Flying Coaster. Pretty funny for a country that almost gets no big new roller coasters that they're going to get two B&M Flyers two hours and one year apart!

Sorry we never posted back after our visit last month!

Anyways, the B&M Track is on site and visible as it looks like they'll be getting the long rumored for IOA Pteranodon Aviary B&M Flying Coaster. Pretty funny for a country that almost gets no big new roller coasters that they're going to get two B&M Flyers two hours and one year apart!

I know it's a little silly that I care about such things, but what is the color of the track?

Well, even Tatsu only cost 21 million (according to RCDB), and that's on a mountain... So if this is really about 80 million, I.m expecting something along the lines of Expedition Everest. And there is probably some additional things as well. Like anew eatery or maybe even some smaller rides?

Is there any confirmation of what this project actually is? All I've found online is speculation, and if this really is a B&M flyer with elaborate themeing, it's like my fantasy JP attraction dream come true!

Planning to visit Japan next year, hopefully they construct this quick time

• 2 weeks later...

^I used to make coasters with that color scheme in my Jurassic-themed areas of parks in Rollercoaster Tycoon, and it looked great. That being said, this idea of a Jurassic Park Flyer is a dream come true. I'll trust that Universal will be pretty elaborate with theming, so now I'm just hoping that B&M builds a good coaster!