TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Oldest Coaster You've Ridden

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I say Leap the Dips do I win because I've ridden the oldest roller coaster in the world or do I lose because that means I've spent time at Lakemont Park?

You lose. I felt like a loser because I had to go twice to ride it.

By the way, I love that it's officially "sh*t on Lakemont" day. If I had it my way that would be every day but I'd imagine some person who was desperate to show us that they enjoyed "misunderstood classic amusement parks" more than we do would get all pissy.

If I say Leap the Dips do I win because I've ridden the oldest roller coaster in the world or do I lose because that means I've spent time at Lakemont Park?

You lose. I felt like a loser because I had to go twice to ride it.

By the way, I love that it's officially "sh*t on Lakemont" day. If I had it my way that would be every day but I'd imagine some person who was desperate to show us that they enjoyed "misunderstood classic amusement parks" more than we do would get all pissy.

I'm hating on Lakemont Park so much because I liked it the first time I went there and after visiting it again I wasn't focusing on the park being a historic place. This is also the first time I felt this strongly about a park

I've ridden Leap the Dips as well. Fun piece of history! Skyliner wasn't all that bad either. Lakemont isn't much but it's no worse than some other parks such as Conneaut. I thought Lakemont had a decent water park for the kids as well.

Leap the Dips at Lakemont Park

I didn't really know if the oldest operating coaster would be that noteworthy other than it being the oldest, but I will tell you that thing runs so weird and awesome! It is so sensitive to weather and the small drops feel big just because the car basically falls out from under you and is all over the place. It was tons of fun!

I full agree. This ride surprised me so much! I was not expecting much, but it truly is a hidden gem.

My oldest is obvious 'Leap the Dips' as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure...

Cyclone

Luna Park (Brooklyn, New York, USA)

"Operating since 6/26/1927"

There could be a few in Europe or Asia, but I'm not too sure.

Yet.

• 5 weeks later...

Did Leap the Dips yesterday with my son on our way back from Cedar Point. Was not expecting much, but it ended up being a ton of fun. I think the lack of seatbelts and lapbars really increased the fun factor for us.

Heck, for that matter, I was shocked that not a single one of the Lakemont coasters had seatbelts. I really can't remember the last time I saw that at a park. I like it though! Skyliner with buzz bars only was awesome. Toboggan was... well, it was Toboggan.