TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Oldest Coaster You've Ridden

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Technically speaking, the oldest coaster I've ridden is Wild One at Six Flags America (1917). Second would be Thunderbolt at Six Flags New England (1939). Both of those woodies were relocated, which makes me hesitant to count them since they could be whole new coasters by this point.

The oldest non-relocated coaster I've ridden is Comet at Hersheypark (1946).

EDIT: Wait, how could I forget about Roller Coaster at Lagoon? That's the oldest non-relocated I've ridden (1921).

Leap the Dips at Lakemont Park

I didn't really know if the oldest operating coaster would be that noteworthy other than it being the oldest, but I will tell you that thing runs so weird and awesome! It is so sensitive to weather and the small drops feel big just because the car basically falls out from under you and is all over the place. It was tons of fun!

I didn't really know if the oldest operating coaster would be that noteworthy other than it being the oldest, but I will tell you that thing runs so weird and awesome! It is so sensitive to weather and the small drops feel big just because the car basically falls out from under you and is all over the place. It was tons of fun!

I thought this was a fun ride too. My wife hated that you could feel the car "jumping and landing" and she said it didn't feel safe.

I agree with this completely. Leap the Dips is amazing. Lakemont though... wow that park sucks.

I thought this was a fun ride too. My wife hated that you could feel the car "jumping and landing" and she said it didn't feel safe.

Leap the Dips is my oldest coaster as well. If you think the "jumping and landing" feeling is scary, watch the track itself shake like crazy on each of the dips as the car passes over them! It's a very fun ride and absolutely worth the money to take a few spins if you have the opportunity.

Leap the Dips is amazing. Lakemont though... wow that park sucks.

I know! We showed up there and I honestly thought we went to the wrong place. Other than my wife and I there was one other family of 4 there. All the ride ops brought books and just said and read the whole day. We rode Leap the Dips, then went over to Skyliner and rode it like 5 times in a row. The op didn't even stop the train in the station and we were the only 2 on the train. We got on the paddle boats because there wasn't anything else to do...

The jumping and landing made it the most intense coaster with a largest drop of less than 10 feet (by far)! Such a great experience honestly.

I agree with this completely. Leap the Dips is amazing. Lakemont though... wow that park sucks.

I actually enjoyed the park a lot. I mean it is run on a very small budget obviously, and has rough areas to it, but I appreciate all the classic rides that are hard to find now. I thought Toboggan was really exciting and a bit scary (and rare now of course) and Skyliner might've been very bland but it's still a decent classic coaster.

I also went on community day where the entire park (other than Leap The Dips) was completely free so that helped.

That's right, that's when I went too. It was two years ago I believe. We didn't realize it was free until we got to the entrance so it was a nice surprise. DelGrosso's was a great surprise too (and much busier even though it wasn't free).

That's right, that's when I went too. It was two years ago I believe. We didn't realize it was free until we got to the entrance so it was a nice surprise. DelGrosso's was a great surprise too (and much busier even though it wasn't free).

Yeah we were there the same exact day then. Memorial Day 2 years ago. We didn't know until we got to the gate either.

And Del Grossos was a great surprise for us too. We expected Lakemont to be the better of the 2 parks but Del Grossos was much nicer, much busier and much better.

^That's crazy we were there the same day. Lakemont wasn't busy even being free but Delgrosso's was quite busy! We waited 45 minutes for the spinning mouse credit. The park was beautiful though! I really would love to see them get a small Gravity Group woodie in the future.

I am a big fan of their pasta sauces too actually. I can even find them down here in Georgia which is nice. Good value too.

Finally got my Leap the Dips credit a couple weeks ago, it was closed on my first visit to Lakemont last year. Was a lot of fun!

Also, I find Skyliner far from bland. The back and front cars offer some very extreme airtime on the first drop and first hill, respectively (yay buzzbars), and the ballpark off to the right makes for a cool view. It was good enough for 20+ rides my first visit.