TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghostrider at Knott's - Waited about 30 minutes, we were next to board, and then it broke. I was stubborn and insisted on waiting, just because I needed the credit and didn't know when I'd be back there. Probably waited another 30 minutes for it to start running again, and of course the ride itself was just brutal. It was also over 100 degrees that day.

The longest I've waited was probably 2 hours for Kingda Ka, only because my brother wanted to.

Psyclone at SFMM. Not a long line, but the fact that a ride on Psyclone was the reward for waiting in it.

I've never waited more than 90 minutes for anything, and I never would unless it was a ride at a park that I might never return to.

Eric

Top Thrill Dragster. I waited 3 hrs for it. I refuse to wait in a line longer than 30 mins but since I flew there to ride that and I was only gonna be there for one day I endured it. An the thing broke down immediately after my train was launched. All n all not worth the wait at all. That is why when i went to SFGA I didnt ride Kingda Ka. The line was a 4 hr wait and I will never wait in line 4 hrs for a 20 second ride.

^On the Psyclone note, I don't recall the exact wait time, but I do remember waiting in a line that started between Roaring Rapids' entrance and exit. In those days, it also went through what is presently the Deja Vu queue, and finally up to the station.

The ride was brand new, I was young, and my parents said 'ok kids, one more ride.' That was the plan though, to wait in the longest line in the park when it was our last ride, that way it did not really matter how long we waited. ANYWAY, back then, I remember Psyclone being... well, good? I dunno??? Long line though.

Chris.

My dad told me when American Eagle was open, it was over a 6 hour wait. Mainly because it was in 1981, Mariotts Great America only had 3 other coasters....and it was only theme park in that area at the time. I didn't beleive him but he showed me pictures which I think I should post soon.

Probably Italian Job Stunt Track in 2006, right before I really knew a lot about coasters. The wait was well over an hour when we entered the queue, but the ride broke down and we chose to stay in line, which made it a total wait of about 2 hours. The ride isn't bad, but its worth no more then a 20 minute wait.

I've had many bad experiences in ride openings at Kings Island.

Flight of Fear - Waited around 3 hours only to find out I wasn't tall enough to ride it.

Face-Off - With only 1 train and about 10 switchbacks being 100ft long, that's just spelling disaster. I think I waited around 3 hours for it.

Son of Beast - 5 hour wait due to 1 train, and multiple breakdowns.

Tomb Raider - I was one of the first to get there, but the ride broke down while they were testing it. After 2 hours I gave up.

V2's line on Memorial Day was pretty bad. The wait time was at least an hour, but that was expected as the park was busy. What made the wait bad though was the weather. It was cloudy that day, but while I'm waiting, it begins to rain. It isn't pouring, but it is an annoyance. On top of that it was chilly, and me being stupid, forgot to bring a sweatshirt. I figured it would be relatively nice during the day with it being colder at night like the previous day.

So I'm cold, wet, and in an hour-plus long wait, but the one good part was that after I get into the station, it begins to rain harder. I'm surprised the coaster stayed open actually, since, even though it wasn't pouring, it would probably still hurt to ride during the shower.

Also, was V2's queue expanded? It now goes along the boardwalk type area behind some shops and restaurants. I hadn't ridden V2 since 2007, and I had been using flashpasses every time since 2005.

Fahrenheit last summer....almost 2 hours and not worth it...Storm Runner and Great Bear are so much better.

I think Volcano at KD in VA was about 2 1/2 hours once....that ride was worth it

Um......lets see....At BGE, sorry BG WILLIAMSBURG again, I've never waited for any coaster that long.....

That's pretty much it.

Longest I've waited would be around an hour for superman escape @ Movieworld AU. Pretty worth it. Front row too. Woohoo. I waited an hour or so too for the rapids ride at SFMM where i got absolutely soaked.. Ugh :\

Oh and a qustion.. How long do you guys think the ques for rides in Orlando will be in October? Sheikra mainly. Montu looks great too though so I hope that one isn't too long of a wait.. Any ideas? Orlando parks, October?

I'm sure people here watch the TV coaster specials. I didn't wait in this line, but soon after Millennium Force opened there was one of those specials and they had a great shot that followed the line way out into the western themed area, they gave a wait time of something like 3.5 hours or perhaps longer.

^^I know what you're talking about, I have an older Cedar Point video that walks the camera to the end of the line, counting up the time the further back they go, and it gets to the last kid and says something like *HE'S WAITING THREE AND A HALF HOURS!!!*.

I think I always have a terrible experience in line for Ragin' Cajun at SFGAm. I HATE how it's not shaded at all, and everyone seems to be jammed in a small area. The line always seems to be long as well, and it's not the fastest moving line out there...