TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The WORST line had to have been Splash Mountain at Disneyland when it first opened. That ride broke down every time I visited that park (about 4 times) in it's first year. We would get to the front after about an hour in line, then they would make us leave the line. After that I only visited DL in 97, 01 and 02, all those times the ride was closed, or broke down while in line or the weather was too cold to ride.

It wasn't until 2006 when I visited WDW that I finally got to ride it. At least the seating is more comfortable at their park.

So yeah, about 15 years later, I got to ride it.

Two of the worst line I've been on were Batman: The Ride, and Superman: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags over Georgia. In Batman, at first it doesn't look like its going to be a long line, but once you enter that building, BAM! It's nothing but a sea of people waiting. I have NEVER seen anything like it before...that took about 2 1/2 hours to weave through. (I actually have a video of it, been looking for an excuse to post it...lol)

For Superman, you can see you was in for a long wait. The only problem is that they was only running one station and it started to break down alot during the wait. I think I almost waited 3 hours in that line for a ride that's about 2:00 (maybe less) at best.

8.5hrs for Maverick

Yeah... TRP Midwest Trip, Cedar Point: Day 1. My posse and I.

I was on the same trip, just not part of the posse, and was just behind them in line... 8.5 hours.

Not sure if we were insane, or just had nothing else to do since there really weren't a lot of rides going at the time due to rain.

I've seen some pretty crazy waits and been in some pretty rediculous waits.

Waits Id seen but not been in...

1. X- 5 to 6 Hrs. (it was a saturday in Mid-March 2003)

2. Goliath- 4 hrs. (one train op! grrrr....)

3. Riddlers- 4 hrs. (breakdowns like no other)

4. Tatsu- 4 hrs. (high wind closures and breakdowns)

5. Xcelerator- 4 hrs. (a few days after opening.)

6. Splash Mountain- 3 hrs. (really really really long line)

Lines Ive waited In:

1. Tatsu- 3 1/2 hrs (worst operations on a coaster Ive ever seen)

2. X- 2 1/2 hrs (one breakdown... lots of people... two trains...you get it...)

3.Ghostrider- 2 1/2 hrs (really long summer line, used all the switchbacks.)

4. Superman- 1hr and 20 minutes (three breakdowns and each lasted several minutes)

I havent had it that bad compared to some of you...

Couple of weeks ago it was my first time at King's Dominion. We waited for 2 hours to ride Hypersonic XLC. This is what we experienced while in the line...

- Extremely hot

- Too many bling blings among us

- Drunk couple bothering other people in the line

- At least 5 parties cut the line

- The line moved slower than a snail

- There was trash everywhere

- People around us reeked badly

It was so AGGRAVATING!

Result: I never got to ride. They decided to shut down the ride for unknown reason just before it was our turn to ride.

I shared this story with one of my friends who is a season holder for many years and he didn't believe me. Recently he went there last weekend and he text messaged me and informed me that he will NOT renew his season pass for this exactly reason. Just wow... King's Dominion really need to act up!

8 hours for Kingda Ka...so not worth it.

Sorry, but I DON'T believe it! 8 hours is BEYOND human comprehension. That is a WHOLE work day! Did U have lunch during your wait in line? Holy crap!

My longest pales in comparison to most of you it seems, but it was about 2 hours at the last haunted house of the night at HHN 10 or 11...effectively making me miss the last Bill & Ted show. It was the LAST time I ever went to HHN on a peak night.

My longest wait was roughly two hours for Superman: Ultimate Flight during coasters after dark. Viper can also reach 1.5+ hours during Fright Fest due to the queue being overfilled, the station filled, line jumping, and 1/2 empty trains being sent due to groups wanting to ride together, so that is another bad line to wait in.

I tried waiting in line for Maverick back on it's opening weekend in May, but it kept on breaking down, and the rain was off and on...so I gave up!

I still haven't rode it! But I need only be patient. I'll be going to an event in the fall with a friend that will give us an ERT on it, so as long as things work out there I'll get my ride soon.

Worst:

X: Slowest moving line ever?

Worst/Longest:

TTD: 4 hrs (2 weeks after opening), after continuous breakdowns. The worst part was sitting down in the front seat and departing the station. After the train in front of mine stopped half way down the launch track our car was pulled back into the station (and the best part) the ride was broken down for a month!

Worst coaster experience I have EVER had!

Worst:

X: Slowest moving line ever?

Worst/Longest:

TTD: 4 hrs (2 weeks after opening), after continuous breakdowns. The worst part was sitting down in the front seat and departing the station. After the train in front of mine stopped half way down the launch track our car was pulled back into the station (and the best part) the ride was broken down for a month!

Worst coaster experience I have EVER had!

That's why I never go to the front seat first when riding a new ride for the first time. I try to find the shortest line possible just so that I get on quick and say I rode it, period. Then I'll go back and ride the front seat, that way, if it does break down or whatever, I won't be too mad because I already got to ride it.

I actually rode TTD for the first time in the front seat this May. I go every year and probably have ridden TTD over 15 times before May.

Stealth at PGA (No longer there), 2.5 hours. It wasn't that bad because it was dusk and it cooled down. Worth every second, that ride kicked A$$!

Invertigo at PGA, 1.5 hours. I love the ride, but I hated the sunburn. Longest I wait for it now is 45 min.

Grizzly River Run at DCA, 2 hours in the hot sun. They had a huge rope switchback which took 45 minutes to get through. Then the real line took another hour and 15 minutes. I hate that stupid ride. I hear over and over again that this ride will soak you like no other rapids ride. What happens? I get off the ride bone dry. That ride sucked.

Splash Mountain at DL, 1 hour. Not that long, but I was tired cause it was 9 am. It was worth the wait though, I got drenched! Why didn't that happen on GRR?

I think it was Batman at SFGAm during opening season in like, 1991. I remember we waited about 2 hours, which is an eternity when you're 13.

This summer, we waited almost 2 hours for Riddler's Revenge at SFMM. Which seems a bit ridiculous for a ride that isn't remotely new. We got on X faster, and that was even with two breakdowns.