TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Sounds about right!

Longest I've waited was 4 hours for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland on opening day...and that's cause the ride wasn't open yet. Once the ride opened, I waited about 15 minutes.

Top Thrill Dragster This year- 2 hours.

It was less than a half hour line, but then it started raining.

It did that for 45 minutes, then it started again.

I was two cars away from riding and it broke down.

Another 30 minutes.

Maybe that's why I was disappointed by the ride.

A tie for second with volcano, which was spilling out of the entrance and

millennium force, which broke down in line.

Both were over an hour.

My wife and my brother in law waited 3 hours for Goliath the year it first opened.

Myself, I waited for what seem like three hours for Firehawk, but it was probably only 1.5-2.0. It was not worth the wait.

Waited over an hour and a half for The Voyage on a supper busy day at HW.

7 hours for TTD spread out over two consecutive weekends in 2003. The first weekend we got in line in the early evening, then it started raining (big surprise, eh?) & never stopped. We wasted 4 hours in line that nite without getting on & drove back to Chicago. The following Friday I got off work & told the ms. to pack our bags coz we were heading back - I couldn't get it out of my head. We headed to TTD first & waited for 3 hours before finally getting on. So, yeah, we stood in line for 25,200 seconds to ride TTD for, what?, 20 seconds... Looking back, it was still worth it.

I'd say 2.5 hours and the ride was...... (drum roll, please) Mean Streak. (opening season) Yep. Needless to say, it was not worth the wait. Also, Raptor, opening season, maybe as long, but not in the hot sun, so more bearable.

That's probably the max- I don't have the patience for much longer.

Rocket Rods was such a SLOW loading ride. I must have waited at least 1.5-2 hours for it when it opened.

Last summer we got in X's line at around 9:45 (park closed at 10) and got off just before midnight. 2 hours!

Then I also waited 1.5 hours for TTD and Maverick this past summer and also 2 hours for MF and TTD's front car. We also waited 1.5 hours for MF at night. We boarded at around 11:00 and when we got off, the park was like a ghost town.

One good thing about Nor Cal parks is that I don't remember the last time I waited more than 45 minutes for a coaster up here. Lines are never really long because Nor Cal hasn't gotten a new coaster since Zonga in 03.

Longest wait ever was SFNE's SROS in either 2000 or 2001, 2.5 hours, and only because it was my first time riding it. The wait wasn't what made it bad. While I was waiting, some small change came out of someone's pocket aboard the train going over the twist camelback just before the first helix, and caught me in the chin. That hurt like hell, but WTF? I ended up riding 8 cents richer...yay.

1 hour for Rock n Roller Coaster, which isn't really that long.

that is probably the longest i waited for a coaster and that is the same one, I only waited for EE 8 minutes in march.

Oh, I rode EE twice in July. Once we walked on because we were the first in the stand-by line of the day and then the second we had FP and waited 10 minutes

Probably the dreaded 2-hour wait in the heat for SFMM's rapids, in which I was dry 20 minutes after the ride Invertigo at Great America...1 hour wait in the afternoon sun and I was smart and wore all black. Roar (SFMW/DK) had a long line during one of the last operating days of the season, in which the whole queue was full up to the entry sign. After halfway through the queue, my brother kept getting irritable and wanted to just up and leave for another ride. Lastly, Medusa's (SFMW/DK) 2 hour wait during fright fest that same night. The queue had all switchbacks full down below the boarding station, plus all of the rest of the queue before the switchbacks of hot death. After every turn, I was asking 'Are we there (at the stairs to go up) yet?' but the answer was obviously 'no.'

Well the worst line I have been in certainly wasn't the longest. I don't actually know what the longest line was but it isn't more than an hour. I was at Thorpe Park, decided I would go on Vortex (KMG Afterburner) as the line was only 20 mins. according to the sign. 45 mins later I was getting near the front and it started to rain. A few people started ditching when the rain got heavier, but by that point I was already wet so figured I might aswell just keep getting wet. I was about 2 rides away, the rain go so heavy they shut every ride in the park bar tidal wave and evac'd the line. The worst part was possibly that I was too wet to spend 2 hours on public transport going home, so had to buy some dry clothes. The only shop I liked there was quiksilver which wasn't cheap.

Perhaps down to my own stupidity and stubborness, but meh.