TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

A little over an hour for InvadR on opening Saturday, and a little under an hour for pizza at Six Flags America.

How was the pizza?

Okay, but not as good as KD's or BGW's pizza. The kicker was that there was a pizza place over by Ragin' Cajun with no line.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little over an hour for InvadR on opening Saturday, and a little under an hour for pizza at Six Flags America.

An hour for food . . . . wow, that's surprising to me.

But anyhow, the longest line I was in was when I went to Great Adventure last June and waited about an hour for Superman: Ultimate Flight (the weather was about 90 degrees and only one train was running)

Clearly you haven't been to a Six Flags. You should go sometime, they're fun!

I have no good stories for this thread because I'm an impatient prick and skip-the-line programs FTW.

The idea of waiting 3-4 hours for a two minute ride is inconceivable to me. 7 hours? You're out of your goddamn mind.

I love how you cut out the bit where he stated that he had been to a Six Flags park

But anyhow, the longest line I was in was when I went to Great Adventure last June and waited about an hour for Superman: Ultimate Flight (the weather was about 90 degrees and only one train was running)

Longest for me has been around 2 and a half hours for smiler around its opening, and it would of been Furius Baco had it not been for the £60 PA Express for a whole week ticket for hotel guests - thanks PA - shortest has obviously been walking.

I really don't like queuing that long but Smiler fast track was £10 each in the opening year and that's quite honestly just ridiculous.

I waited about five or six hours for TTD during its volatile first season. It was down for each of the first two days of my three-day trip, but showed signs of life during the third day. Because of TTD's "wait if you want; it might not open at all" policy during its early years, the line was entirely outside of the actual queue, which allowed for merciful food deliveries and bathroom breaks. And because this was before smart phones, I got to meet and chat with everyone in my vicinity to pass the time. All in all, it wasn't so bad, and the ride blew me away.

I've also waited in the full Millennium Force queue for a couple of hours, and likewise for Kennywood's Exterminator. Opening year excitement + mouse capacity = looonnnnggg lines.

I love how you cut out the bit where he stated that he had been to a Six Flags park

giphy.gif

I waited 4:30-5 hours for Indiana Jones Adventure at DL when it first opened. It started on Main Street and went back and forth a few times through Adventureland, I thought it was totally worth it at the time.

My worst waits were for food. There are very few times I waited for more than an hour for a coaster. I have waited 2 or 3 hours on a very rare occasion.

75 minutes for food at SFOG. Had I known it would take that long to move approximately 20 people through the line, I would've skipped on my food.

60 minutes at Cedar Point for garlic parm fries. There were only 6 orders ahead of us and I do not understand how that wait was even possible. Just when I thought Cedar Point had great ops all around.

I try to make an effort to not go when I know a park will be jammed and I don't have a strong desire to ride brand new rides right away so my times are all pretty low. I also won't knowingly wait more than 2 hours for any attraction ever.

First time at Cedar Point in 2003ish waited about 2 hours for Millennium Force. Thought it was okay. Went back this year and waited 12 minutes and thought it was superb. Go figure.

Waited about 1.25 hours for Valravn this year. Only bothered to ride it once but the queue was decent and it wasn't a hot day.

Fahrenheit at Hershey is the queue I hate the most because I know it's going to be at least double the second longest line in the park. I have also done scientific research that shows the sun shines hotter in that queue than anywhere else on Earth.

4 hours for Face Off ( Invertigo) at Kings Island. I was I think 13 at the time. I had never seen or been on a boomerang before 20-30 minutes in I realized it was going to be a very long wait and told my dad I wanted to go do something else. I guess he wanted to teach me some life lesson about patience because I had talked their ear off about it all week and made him wait a half hour and dammit he wasn't wasting that half hour for nothing. We finally get on, sit in the seats, buckle the seat belt, get the all clear and the waiting is about to pay off I am so excited...... then it doesn't go anywhere. it broke down and for the rest of the day. Thanks for the lesson dad, I was right you should listen to me more.

I waited about five or six hours for TTD during its volatile first season. It was down for each of the first two days of my three-day trip, but showed signs of life during the third day. Because of TTD's "wait if you want; it might not open at all" policy during its early years, the line was entirely outside of the actual queue, which allowed for merciful food deliveries and bathroom breaks. And because this was before smart phones, I got to meet and chat with everyone in my vicinity to pass the time. All in all, it wasn't so bad, and the ride blew me away.

I've also waited in the full Millennium Force queue for a couple of hours, and likewise for Kennywood's Exterminator. Opening year excitement + mouse capacity = looonnnnggg lines.

I really lucked out with TTD its first season, as I remember waiting about 45 minutes for it (without a breakdown!)

Longest line had to be close to 2 hours for Valravn last year on a hot day (crowds were bad that day parkwide). I've waited 90 minutes for Millennium Force on more than one occasion. Lines for Valravn and Millie (or any major ride at the Point for that matter) can be absolutely brutal if it's hot outside and the misters aren't working or are nonexistent.

My longest wait for a roller coaster would have to be Sidewinder at Hersheypark. I would not have waited that long if it wasn't my first time on a boomerang.

Overall, my longest wait for a ride in general was on the Jungle Cruise at WDW, where an advertised "60 minute wait" turned out to be a 2+ hour wait.

The longest line I've ever waited in was 5+ hours for TTD. I don't remember when this exactly was but I want to say it was either 2003 or 4.

As for my home park the longest line I've waited in was 4+ hours for Raging Bull during Fright Fest back in 2012. The line was so long it actually streached into another area (Hometown Square) of the park.

Worst - Vortex at CGA before it became Patriot. My gosh, it smells bad, there is literally no shade, and the coaster was loud. Even without that bad experience, it still is currently my least favorite steel coaster (my least favorite operating is Kong though)

Longest - Joker at SFDK Opening Day, 3 hours, when it was posted 2 hours. Not worth it, but glad to be one of the first riders

Slowest - Superman Ultimate Flight at Discovery Kingdom. That ride breaks down all the time, and one day, they were dispatching every 5-7 minutes

• 2 weeks later...

1. 4 hours for X2 at SFMM and it broke down the rest of the day.

2. 3 hours for X2 at SFMM it then broke down again and I left the queue and still have not ridden it.

3. 2.5 hours for Dodonpa at Fuji-Q not long after it first opened. The Do-Do-Npa Do-Do-Npa chant recording for 2.5 hours almost drove me crazy. Short ride but excellent. A little disappointed they are removing the top hat for a loop. Even though it looks slow cresting the top, it really tried to throw you out of the seat.

Edited by petestrash