TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

I remember going to Six Flags Great Adventure for Fright Fest 2014. Was the most crowded I can remember ever seeing a theme park. Waited around 2 hours (think that's my record) for Nitro before it got even more insane and decided to call it a day on ride lines. Johnny Rockets had a legit 20 minute wait for chicken tenders. Flashpass lines were 20-30 minutes. Some photos for context:

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst theme park related queue was for Sea Odyssey at PortAventura in 2007. Waited 2 hours (and this was in the express queue), it wouldn't have been this long, but the ride was up and down the entire time. Best thing of this 2 hour wait was that just before we were actually going to ride, the doors from the pre-ride area to the ride opened in the middle of the last ride cycle, so it gave as a good off ride view of the ride in motion. They closed the ride about 10 minutes after we rode, and it was then down for the rest of the weekend.

Worst queue ever was at a music festival I was at this year. They had brought in a new cashless system which meant you could top up a pre paid amount of money onto a tag that was attached to your wristband that they gave you at the festival, and it didn't work quite well at the start for everybody. I had to wait in a 5 hour queue because the money I had topped up online hadn't got transferred onto my tag.

A few years back (2208) we waited 3 and a half hours to ride the hulk. I had just hit 54 inches so it was my first B&M and it was my dad's favorite coaster, so we decided a 70 minute wait wasn't bad. But shoddy operations and tons of line cutting turned that into a 3 and a half hour wait. That day there were thousands of high schoolers on field trips and huge packs of them would cut the entire line. It was awful, but the ride was great. Later that evening when all the groups left we were able to ride it three more times with a 15 minute wait.

2-1/2 hours at Dodopna

then

3 hours at Eejanaika (Japanese X)

Both at Fuji-Q Highland park, during the TPR Japan'07 Tour.

So, over 5 hours for two credits.

Done. Finally. And never again unless I'm paid to do it.

(Or it's ERT, lol.)

Worth a repeat. And those wait times still stand, for me.

J_03ThreeAmigos_Eejanaika_Fuji-QHigland.jpg.d40663d7db58ed542d2ac6b80808ded4.jpg

The Three Amigos (me, Mike and Peter) happily in line... for the first half-hour..... of over three hours.

TPR 2007 Japan Tour. Eejanaika Fuji-Q....queue.

...Worst queue ever was at a music festival I was at this year. They had brought in a new cashless system which meant you could top up a pre paid amount of money onto a tag that was attached to your wristband that they gave you at the festival, and it didn't work quite well at the start for everybody. I had to wait in a 5 hour queue because the money I had topped up online hadn't got transferred onto my tag.

That is just wrong. Five hours for anything....nope. Not me.

The longest lines I ever waited in both were at Kings Dominion. It could be b/c I was a young impatient child but I remember waiting for the Outer Limits Flight of Fear. I remember waiting outside, in in a shaded queue area and then we went into a bunker and waited some more then we went into a space ship and waited some more and then we finally got to ride. It was like a 3 1/2 hour wait.

Also I remember Volcano the Blast Coaster being a 3 to 4 hour wait but when it opened it was not running at full capacity and only one one train. To this day though it is still one of the longest waits in the park even longer then I-305 which is a way better coaster.

The Magic Kingdom also has crazy wait times but the last time I went in the winter it wasn't that bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My longest wait for an actual coaster was probably when I went on MF at Cedar Point, that was probably around 3 hours (We waited for about 2.5 hours, just entering the straight section of the queue up to the station but the ride closed because it started HAILING had to go on it a few hours later when it was a bit darker)

some memorable long ones for me...Twisted Colossus on Memorial Day. 2:45 minutes. longest amount of time ever in a line for me. line stretched out almost to superman.

Indian Jones at Disneyland maybe opening day, or maybe weekend. I really don't remember. we got in line in front of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. it was near park opening so the line was still moving fairly fast and hadn't bunched up. pretty sure it was still 2 plus hours.

i've happily waited 2 hours plus multiple times for the front row of The Beast 20 years ago.

Once had to wait over an hour for River Quest in Phantasialand - despite it being one of my all time favourite rides that was already too long for me.

Although looking at some of the other posts I'm quite lucky to, so far, not have encountered any worst queues than that.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of months ago, I waited 3 hours for X2. It was a BAFF Day and the park was only running one train on X2. I had already been waiting an hour before I realized only one train was running, but I stayed in line because I had already invested a lot of time in waiting.

3.5 hours for Kingda Ka.

It was the 2nd or 3rd day it was open, we didn't go to school, ran to the ride at gate opening and got there pretty quick. Honestly wait was 30 minutes and were the 2nd next in line when it broke down down. Line was basically to Philly by that point, no coming back later so we stuck it out. Was still worth it honestly even though it's not one of my favs. Was actually fun as an experience, (thrill of something new, the people, the story) but obviously won't ever do that again.

Longest non break down: 3 hours for El Toro. It was fright fest, everything jammed, too early to go home so stuck it out. Great ride of course but would not do again.

Longest "normal day" line: Dont recall exactly, pretty sure 2 hours for MForce.

Some slow ones were Batman and Robin the Chiller (a very small line could be 30-45 mins), agonizingly slow. The Superman flying coaster(s). I would honestly go to that one first, then El Toro (or KK if the person wanted) and etc because that line would be hours otherwise and ride isnt worth it. That thing moved like a snail. Hypersonic XLC I recall being a nightmare because it had like 8 person trains and I think was going one at a time + popular ride. That one may have also cracked 2 hours, over 1.5 for sure.

I made the amateurish mistake of going to Cedar Point Columbus day weekend of 2013 I think it was. Warm temps, ridiculous crowd levels. My girlfriend and I rode some stuff in the morning, then the lines got longer and longer and longer. They sold out of Fastlane passes. She didn't want to wait in 2 hour plus lines, so I told her I wanted to ride MF, and I didn't care how long the line was, then we could leave. We waited for 3 hours and 45 minutes, then as we were near the bottom of the straight ramp the ride broke down for the night. We rode CCMR and left for the night to head to Cleveland to visit my grandmother. We were parked in the back lot as we had stayed at Sandcastle Suites. The park was so crowded that they decided to entirely empty the main lot before letting any cars out of the back of the park. We sat in that traffic for another 3 and a half hours...it was awful.