TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

I waited 2 hours to ride The Rattler at SFFT once. By the time I got to the top level of the queue building, I was so dehydrated and over heated that I passed out. My boyfriend at the time got my up, and told me that we could walk through to the other side but I told him that he must be crazy. No way I was waiting 2 hours without even riding the coaster! So, I sucked it up and rode the damn thing. Probably not one of my best ideas, lol.

The rattler wins my #1 spot as well. It has the worst line of any coaster I've ever been on. For those of you who haven't seen it it is a 1 person wide sloping path that goes up a wall to the station. I really hope they redo the queue for iRat since it was awful before. I waited 2 hours for the Rattler a couple summers ago since it was the only ride I hadn't been on yet. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Rattler's queue this is what it looks like:

354293983_Picture4.thumb.png.ea678ab6f0520e917610feaf086c7417.png

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rattler wins my #1 spot as well. It has the worst line of any coaster I've ever been on. For those of you who haven't seen it it is a 1 person wide sloping path that goes up a wall to the station. I really hope they redo the queue for iRat since it was awful before. I waited 2 hours for the Rattler a couple summers ago since it was the only ride I hadn't been on yet. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Rattler's queue this is what it looks like:

I actually like the layout of the queue, but when it's a busy day it's definitely a pain to wait. I don't think that they're changing the queue building at all for iRat, but I did notice that they built some little awnings/covered areas over the part of the queue that is on the ground.

I have a simple rule when I visit any theme park, I wont queue more than 2hrs max for any ride(It is my absolute limit) IMO NO RIDE is worthy of queueing for that long, I wouldnt even queue longer than that if I was desperate for the credit,its just not worth it, you can usually risk going to do other rides in a 2hr period which have much lower queues(fitting in say about 3-4 other rides) and then coming back to the ride in question mid to late afternoon when everyone has ridden it and finding there is usually a much shorter queue for it at the time. Its pretty much always worked for me anywhere that I've visited and long may it continue.

So the longest I have queued for anything was Top Thrill Dragster at 2hrs 30 mins, now yeah yeah I know that breaks my rule, but they estimated the queue at roughly 2hrs so I waited it out, but the ride broke down for a 15 min period, and then there was a rollback which further delayed it re-opening for another 15 mins so not too bad.

Since starting to do TPR trips my tolerance for queueing has gone right down. Partly because after going to so many parks you don't tend to be "desperate" to ride something and partly because of the ERT and fastpass options that you get I just can't justify waiting a huge amount of time for a ride!

Fast moving queues help though. Disney parks are the only places that I can vaguely tolerate waiting longer and it's mainly because the line is always moving. I don't mind waiting so much if I'm convinced that the staff are doing their absolute best to get me on the ride.

My tolerance definitely wavers depending on how professional the ride ops are acting. I get far more frustrated with short queues where the ride ops are dawdling and taking ages to dispatch trains, than a long queue with efficient operations.

I wouldn't necessarily say it was the longest but it most certainly felt the slowest. A week ago, SFDK had its opening day and to kick off the season they were offering double rides on major coasters all day. All would have been good but...the weather was just so perfect that everybody and their brother were out at the park. We waited 80 minutes in line, though we can technically split it into 40 minutes since it was double rides. The line just felt painfully slow, and it was definitely a blessing when some riders only wanted to ride once.

The other was the even slower line to get my season pass done, which took 90 minutes to get through. For those familiar with SFDK, the lines all day for pass processing began at the multi colored giraffe statue heading toward Medusa. Waits from that point were between 2-3 hours (ouch). When I had got in line, the line's end was by the stairs leading up to the dolphin stadium. By that time our feet were killing us and we had the option of getting a stamp on our voucher to come back on next visit but decided to get it out of the way as my next visit to DK won't happen until probably after our run to SFMM next month.

Worst: Maverick's line isn't all that well themed and the queue music gets etched into your head after a couple hours. I had to wait about 1.5 hours for my only ride on it. I loved the ride, but the line wasn't enjoyable to wait in whatsoever.

Longest: I had to wait in the line for Millennium Force for at least 2.5 hours. Since then I've vowed not to go to parks on Saturdays ever again.

Slowest: My mom and I wanted to ride the Camp Snoopy Ferris Wheel last week, because it had a short line and two ride ops. Turns out, the dispatch cycles were one seat (2 riders) every 5 minutes or so (and they would only let 8 people on it at a time), where the average flat ride would be able to do about 15 times that much. There were only ten people in front of us and it took a half an hour to get on. Slowest moving line ever.

Longest: iSpeed in its opening season. They were operating only one train (10 people), the fastpass queue was always full. Waiting time exceeded 2 hours. It is a great ride, but the wait wasn't worth it, since it was almost a walk-on on my next 2 visites to the park.

The lines in Disneyland Paris were also pretty horrendeus, but at least they moved quite fast

I'll have two that I'll talk about, but Cheetah Hunt actually takes the cake for longest/slowest.

It was the day after the ride debuted. I was at Busch Gardens the day before the ride opened and I decided I'd ride it the day after. It was about 3 hours before park closing and my friend and I decided to get in line for the coaster. At the time, the wait sign was reading around a two hour wait. I decided we'd be fine and it was worth the wait to try out the new coaster. Well, I should've noticed when we got in line that a train hadn't run for awhile, hence the reason the long wait was posted. Once they fixed all the technical stuff, the ride began running again. However, about 30 minutes later, after the ride was moving great, it broke down again. It was down for awhile before it came back up. Later, it went down again. By this time, everyone in line was getting impatient, largely in part to the fact that you could see lightning on the horizon and everyone wanted to get their rides it. A little before 9, we were able to board the ride and ride it. All in all, it was around a 3 hour wait.

Mantis also holds a spot for longest/slowest line. We got in the line knowing it would be a little on the long side and that loading and unloading stand-ups takes forever. However, as the line went on, we noticed that they were only running one train (they were sending a second one out, but it was completely empty). It was one hot day too. But after waiting in line for about an hour and thinking about leaving the line, we decided we had waited this long, we have to keep going. Eventually they started running the other train too, so the line picked up. All in all, about a two hour wait.

At least with Cheetah Hunt You are inside the old monorail building.

For me, the worst line is FIreHawk at Kings Island. Those stupid "shade tents" do not provide shade at all. They have the same shade tents at Diamondback, but at least Diamondback is a people eater, and you are not standing in the same spot for too long.

3 hours and 15 minutes for Green Lantern during its opening year. NOT WORTH IT

And the slowest was Roller Coaster at New York New York. It was a one car wait for the front row and it took 30 minutes for them to get one car through and us onto the next one.

My tolerance definitely wavers depending on how professional the ride ops are acting. I get far more frustrated with short queues where the ride ops are dawdling and taking ages to dispatch trains, than a long queue with efficient operations.

I only just saw this but YES! I remember at Six Flags America we even had some kind of queue jump thing and it still took forever because the staff were on their phones and having personal conversations over the PA. You just got them impression that you were a hinderance on you day and was really frustrating.

• 5 months later...