TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I waited for about 2 and a half hours for Millennium Force. I was six years old, been a fan of coasters since I was 2, but that was the trip that made me a true enthusiast. I was JUST 48 inches tall, so over half the coasters were available to me! First I rode Blue Streak about 3 times, but then I got bored and headed to Corkscrew, my first inverting coaster. I rode it probably 15 times in a row! That would probably give most people a migraine, but I was a tough kid! I continued through the park in a circle until I came to Millennium Force, but, it was closed! Some people got stuck on the lift for 3 hours, so it was down for repair. I was real sad, this was the big thing, the main reason I wanted to go to Cedar Point! Luckily, about 4 days later (We stayed for a long time), my mom came and told me "Millennium Force is going! Come on!" (My mom is also a huge enthusiast!) We rushed to the coaster, but it was already packed. We waited an extremely long time, and then some more since I wanted to ride in the front! But it was worth it! One of the most amazing coaster experiences in my life! We still have the on ride photo, I'm grinning wildly, throwing my hands up in the air! Shame I haven't been to Sandusky since I was 6. I still hope to go again soon!

Probably not the longest but the worst experience that I can remember was waiting for Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls a few years ago. We had to of been in line for well over an hour and at some point the ride broke down, but the group I was with didn't really want to get out of line so we waited. Once your inside the building there are a lot of narrow hallways and being stuck inside there was a nightmare for me. There was also no announcement of the ride being back up, and you cant see the ride or even the loading area until your just about to get on it. It was hard to know whether the ride was open again or if it was just from people leaving further up the line. Once we got closer to getting on it was apparent that it was open again but it still moved incredibly slow.

I also remember Splash Mountains line being insanely long on the same trip.

I waited 55 minutes to get a soda at six flags great America.that was a total of 15 feet and 9 people in front of me.my wife and kid went to go ride some water rides.when they got back 45 min later.they thought I was getting another soda until I showed her the same 20 I had.and all the screaming and yelling going on in the line.then she believed me

Longest line that I can remember is Green Lantern at Great Adventure a week after it opened... 2 hours in the hot sun and not really worth the wait.

Worst line experience? Storm Runner, opening year. I went as part of a middle school band function. I had to be at the Hershey Arena by a certain time, but I decided to try SR. My friends abandoned me though so I had to wait alone. Well, an hour and a half passed, and I was at the front of the line, and really anxious because I was going to be late getting to the arena. Wouldn't you know it, right as I was about to get on, the ride broke down, so I had to do the Walk of Shame through the entire huge line.

But then I rode it the next year, and it totally ruled

Superman ROS at Darien lake around 2002 during frightfest. The problem with frightfest at this park is they close half the park so what is left gets extremely busy. It was a nice day and operations neglected to put the second train on the ride but then tried to do it middle of the day which held things up even more. Meanwhile the queue was overflowing and let's just say getting a little rowdy so they had to send maintenance workers into the queue to calm the crowd... I can tell though it was very very close to a fight breaking out in the queue.

Superman: Escape From Krypton. Waited about 3 hours to get on this ride. It broke down at least twice while I was in line and every time it opened up again a bunch of flash pass people would come and get let in before the rest of us. The line moved about 10 people every 20 minutes when it wasn't broken down. The only thing that made it ok is the AC.

^^ Oh when I go during the fall (I avoid the park like the plague in the summer unless it's at least 110 and a weekday, I don't regularly but usually go for Fright Fest) I always ride Superman just for the air-conditioning in the queue line.

As for the longest line I've ever waited in, I'd have to go with around two hours for Space Mountain @ Disneyland with some friends on a school trip who thought it was the best thing in the universe while BTM is clearly better since it has a little airtime and you can see the theming. Slowest has to be the Fastpass line for Splash Mountain on that same trip, it took 45 minutes for the fastpass line.

• 1 month later...

3 hours for Eejanaika at Fuji-Q. If it wasn't for the fact that I had been to the park before and had the other credits, I wouldn't have waited. I have been spoiled by TPR trips and don't like to wait in long lines!

I typically have amazing luck with lines, but this was not the case on my first time riding Farenheight. The ride broke down at least 3 times and faced a rain delay on top of that. All in all, I spent atleast five hours and half the day attemting to ride it.

Given the pitiful number of times I've been to any amusement park thus far, I've not had many chances to experience the joy of waiting in line for obscene amounts of time. Thunder River at SFoG is probably the longest ride line I've ever been in; GASM and Dahlonega Mine Train would be the longest coaster lines, somewhere between 45 minutes and a good bit over an hour. Of course, that was way back before they even built Superman or Goliath (both of which had ~15 minute waits when I was there a few months back) so had I been old enough and courageous enough to board the bigger coasters at the park at that tender young age, those would have been the longest lines.