TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

For me the worst lines were anything at Cedar Point 3+ hours on the big ones. Gemini was one of few coasters I rode there that kept the lines moving. I've been to the Point at least 4 times in my life and got a good ride on "Line:The Ride."

Sounds like you're going at the wrong times there. The longest I've ever had to wait at the point was an hour on Raptor...on a Saturday.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have waited 2 1/2 hours for Bluefire on opening day.

And freaking 3 hours for the very lame De Vliegende Hollander(The Flying Dutchman) @ Efteling! And this was not on opening day even!

2 hours for Firehawk at KI this year. The combination of breakdowns and 1 train operation made it extremely slow. They later did 2 train operation which made it faster . Other was an hour and 15 minutes for diamondback in 2011. It was just a busy day and the fast laners were at full force

I don't really know, but I refuse to wait in long lines. Therefore, many of my line incidents are kinda funny as opposed to horror stories, such as...

I've seen two vomiting incidents on Raptor - not the actual vomiting, but I was in line in the station both times and saw them hosing down the platform. The more recent time, I actually SAW the vomit dripping from the restraints. During that same incident, we were in line for that row (I believe the 2nd row) - they ran the puked-on train after hosing it to dry it. However, we were in the station, and because of the high B&M 4-across capacity, I think I got on a train before the return of the vomited-on one, but I still stepped around the puddles from the hosing to get into the car. I don't think I've had to wait for a vomit situation in the station on any ride but Raptor, and I don't remember anything about waiting in line for a vomit situation outside the station on any ride. I may have, but not remembered. I don't totally know. Still, interesting story, yes?

Longest wait ever was 3 hours for Kingda Ka, a couple days after its opening.

Though it broke down, a couple of times, so it really wasn't that long. We were near the station, and knew we were already screwed so just waited it out.

Longest "normal" line was El Toro last fright fest. 2.75 hours, that was a moving, not broken down line!

I wasn't in this line, but it's worth mentioning because of it's sheer horror. Last week 2-3 hours in the sun for Goudirix at Parc Asterix, but it was French people so I have no sympathy.

Kingda Ka in 2006, before I discovered the joy of qbots, the line moved slower than an ACEr in a 400 metre sprint.

Worst line I ever had to wait in has to be Batman at Six Flags Great Adventure. The wait was only about 30 minutes but waiting inside that tunnel thing felt like forever. The day I went it was about 90 degrees and being inside that crowded tunnel was terrible. My friend felt like she was about to pass out by the time we were getting onto the ride.

The WORST line was actually Skyrush on opening day.

2 hours (we waited for front row and added about 45 minutes) but it was 95 degrees that day I believe.

2 hours in the brutal sun. Felt like death by the time we got there.

Parks really should have entire lines covered with canopies, or get more of those mist fans.

45 mins for Infusion at Pleasure Beach was pretty awful, mainly because the ride I was queueing for was an SLC and no wait at all is ever worth it for an SLC (not even if it's walk on).

Only reason I queued is because I needed the credit and the line appeared to be about a 10 minute line, however thanks to crappy operations it was 45.

Edited by australianalex

• 1 month later...

My worst line I waited in was for El Toro at SFGADV in its opening year since a TON of people were line jumping and the Flash Pass person was letting like maybe 30 or so Flash Pass people ahead of the regular line UGH! I'm so happy that most of that crap is now gone at Six Flags parks. A close second would be when I waited in line for Le Cobra at La Ronde, they were running 1 train and dispatching trains at about 4 mins. Also the line had no shade was what was a hour felt like 3!

The longest lines I've waited in are probably an hour each for TTD, MF, and Maverick, but the most frustrating line was for Georgia Cyclone. The operators were the worst I've ever seen, dispatching trains every 5-7 minutes, even with 2 trains. They were completely preoccupied with their private conversations and were so slow once they decided to check restraints. What should've been a 10-15 minute wait from the bottom of the stairs turned out to be closer to 30-45 minutes. It was horrible.

Surprisingly, when I went to SFGAdv on a weekend, Kingda Ka and El Toro were essentially walk-on. The longest I waited for each was about 10 minutes. I got on S:UF and GL (front row on both rides) in about 20 mins each.

Longest line I ever went on was TTD 3 hours and Maverick 1hr45mins. Cedarpoint and Hershey had HORREDNOUS lines whenever I came

I hate lines with a passion, probably because I've been spoiled so badly with Dorney Park. Which the longest I've ever waited there was 20 minutes for Steel Force (1 train, ride ops shooting the shiz) Other than that, walk on, walk off for everything. Same with King's Dominion though, Everything was a walk-on EXCEPT Volcano, that varied between 20 minutes to a half-hour when I went. Even INTIMIDATOR was a walk-on.

I think the longest line I ever waited in was Maverick (the year it opened), on a Saturday, 3 hours or so. Why I did that, I have no idea considering it was the third day we were there and had already ridden several times. Plus now I know never to visit CP on a Saturday again.

As for slowest, I think the lines at Hershey moved pretty slowly--Skyrush for the front seat was like walking through glue despite the relatively short length. I've been in long lines at Great Adventure, too, particularly Nitro and Kingda Ka.