TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours for Kingda Ka was the longest.

The most PAINFULLY slow wait was 2 hours for Corkscrew Hill at BGE back in 2001. That tunnel kept on going and going and going and the line just eeked inch by inch to the theater. We had no idea that the line was so long since the line was inside. We still call it "The Line Ride" to this day.

• 2 weeks later...

I waited 45 mins for tower of terror in Australia. Now thats not too long to wait, but the thing was there werent that many people in line, and the actual ride is very quick, yet they take about 5 minutes to do one ride. They double check the harnesses then just sit in the operators booth texting or whatever before actually launching.

The longest I ever waited for a coaster was 3 hours for X, but--never having been on it before--my enthusiasm for the ride helped pass the time.

My 2.5 hour wait for Deja Vu at SFoG was by far my most painful waiting experience. While there were only maybe 200 people in line tops, the operations were the worst I've seen...

• 4 months later...

Hmm--I think the longest line I ever waited on was on opening day for Curse of DarKastle at BGW--about three-and-half hours, thanks to technical issues. It was a hot day, and the park actually passed out free bottles of water to everybody who waited in line. By the time I got out, the line stretched all the way to Alpengeist.

Edited by cfc

Waited 45 minutes in a 100 person line for TMNT at Nick U the Saturday after it opened. We timed a cycle at 6 minutes with two ops. Keep in mind there are only 12 seats to check. They would let the riders exit the platform before they would yell out the rules to the next 12 people in line. Then the scanning of wristbands and checking to make sure all loose articles were stowed away.

The worst part by far though was the fact that they were not allowing guests to pull their own restraints down. This coupled with the fact that they only had one of the ops checking restraints easily tripled restraint check time. Not a great time.

I waited for a very long time for Millennium Force it's opening year, but I think the longest line I have waited in may have been for Days of Thunder at Kings Dominion its opening year.

No one is going to believe me, but I waited an ENTIRE DAY for Batwing on it's opening day at Six Flags America. I waited 9 hours in line for the ride as it broke down countless times, and when I finally got up to the platform, lightning was spotted in the area and they simply shut the park down for the night.

I wish I was making this story up, but yeah. Waited 9 hours for Batwing and didn't even get to ride.