TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

La Ronde's Dragon. Ugh.... I swear, I thought the ride broke down for a little. Maybe it did, as all the most of line was is a long tunnel. Nothing to look at except sharpie marker notes on the walls. One train that goes around twice. It must have been easily over 1hr. The ride was somewhat nice however.

The lines for Ednor and Goliath weren't horrible. Ednor at the end of the day was 20 minutes and moved not too slow, and Goliath was 45 minutes around 6 when it opened. However, I didn't check out the Wild Mouse. Meanwhile, Super Manege was like 20 minutes, but did move slow, while the Boomerang broke down (with a slow line, but not horribly slow).

Edited by PSiRockin

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7.5 Hours, 4 breakdowns, 6 games of charades, 4 freestyle rap battles, 3 attempts to be a living a statue, and one hour of attempting to speak only in pig Latin --- Kingda Ka Opening Year.

Chris "would love those lost hours of my life back" Connolly

^How big is Medusa's station????

Each row can hold probably 7-8 trains worth of riders. When I rode, it was about a six train wait, and it took 30-40 minutes. To put it into perspective, the ride was running two trains, is a little under 4000 ft long, and has a ride time somewhere around 3 minutes. On most trains, the loading gates wouldn't open until AFTER the second train had stopped outside the station on the brake run. I've never seen any other B&M dispatch one train every 5 minutes, including flyers, even when only one was running (except La Ronde's Goliath with one train).

Good lord & it takes that long?Dominator can barely hold two trains worth per row & it takes a LONG time these days just to get into the station even if the line is only at the top of the stairs,I guess we can blame CF's station design of having no switchbacks between the steps & the gates for that one.

Spinning Dragons at WoF had a painfully slow line when I rode it. The wait for it was about twice as long as any other line.

Avatar Airbender at MOA's line was pretty slow, too. (Although there was just one operator.)

I'm going to say the slowest moving line for a coaster that I was ever in was probably Hypersonic XLC. Even getting there when the ride opened (which wasn't with the rest of the park!) it always just seemed to take forever, especially when only running 1 station.

Dive to Atlantis. My God, every single time I went, the line was very short (30 or so people) and somehow every time it managed to be an hour wait. The ride itself was okay, but the capacity on the thing was atrocious. The picnic area that replaced it is a drastic improvement.

Dragster for me was an hour and a half wait. Not painful by any stretch of the imagination, but enough waiting for my taste. Going to Fuji Q on a bad day, I cannot even imagine...

^^^^^^That's nothing compared to a bad day. Operations are much better now than before, but, if you ever planned on going on Medusa during the "old days" it was best to wait for the second train to be added. When there was 1 train running, 1 hour for a 12 train wait was not uncommon. The line never even had to touch the switchbacks downstairs to make that possible! Even when two trains were running, just a few of the switchbacks could add up to an hour wait as well. A full queue could mean a 2.5-3 hour wait. Now, with three trains running and little stacking, a full queue only means a 1-1.5 hour wait. That is how much things have changed.

The longest line I've ever waited in was for Millennium Force when it first opened. I waited over 2 1/2 hours twice in the same day but operations were extremely fast and the line was constantly moving. It's just that the line was insanely long.

As far as the slowest lines... I can't decide between Nightmare at Great Escape, Mad Mouse at Quassy or Hypersonic XLC. I am sure that Nightmare's line was the worst because the entire wait took place in a dark, un-themed, un air conditioned hallway and even though there was never anyone in line it NEVER MOVED due to having 3 cars that held 2 people each and single riders were allowed even though the signs specifically said they weren't.

The Quassy mouse never had a big line but it used to frequently run ONE CAR (Yes on a wild mouse).

As far as Hypersonic, we all know the story with that one. Luckily all three of the coasters I just mentioned are either demolished or SBNO.

Longest line I've ever waited in was 2 hours for TTD the year it opened...it broke down at least 3 times in line. "Worst" line is Firehawk. The lack of shade makes it worse, and when the sun hits just right, it's unbearable back there. Not to mention the line moves at a snail's pace.

^I would give anything now to be able to have ridden it back then, no matter how long I had to wait. Sure, it is a walk-on now, but that is the only wait it is now worth due to the trims, unless you ride at night. To ride without the trims at night is something I wish I had a time-machine for.

Edit: Back on topic. I once got in a pretty good argument over which crew was worse, Tatsu or Firewawk. Tatsu during its glory days was worse than Firehawk, due to 1 station operations, while Firehawk now runs two. Tatsu, however, can now run three trains on crowded days, resulting in them being a superior crew.

Both of these rides, though, need to purchase a new train. This would bring Firehawk to three-train operations, while Tatsu would never have to go down to 1 train.

The trims are the worst part of the Beast anymore. Even non-enthusiasts have told me the brakes ruin the ride completely. I also think the ride has lost some serious speed off the first drop on that left curve into the second drop where they rebuilt that whole curve a few years ago.

I'm thankful that Firehawk runs both stations pretty consistenly at King's Island. When it was X-Flight at Six Flags Worlds Of Adventure / Geauga Lake I visited that park 8-10 times and don't remember them ever having that second station open. They'd run both trains through one station, but never seemed to open both stations. Plus, the team up there was always horrid, KI has always done a stellar job with Firehawk's operations.