TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

I agree on wild mice!

Last time on the carnival there were about 20 poeple before me and I waited at least ten minutes. Dispatch was manual and the coaster had no sections so there was only one car on the track.....

I also liked the policy they have at Tivoli Gardens with Rutschebanen when I was there last time: "No empty seats". Poeple who said "I wanna ride with xyz together" could directly leave the ride. I congratulate the procedure! It would speed up things on many cases!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slowest line ever: Deja Vu at SFMM. 1 hour for just two switchbacks. However, this happened to me at least twice. I am glad the ride will be gone soon.

Longest-Slowest line ever: Apoc during the 1 train period. The wait looked like it could be no more than 1 hour. (In fact, the ride op even told me this!) However, the actual wait was 2 hours.

Slowest line on a high capacity ride: This honor goes to SFDK's Medusa. The line barely extended out of the station, but the wait was still an hour due to 1 train operations and a slow crew. The dishonorable mention goes to Tatsu at SFMM and S:UF at SFGADV. Both of these were running with 4-5 minute dispatches. I had a Flashpass on the latter, but on the former, the wait was 1 hour just to for 3 small switchbacks.

Slowest line during three-train operations: Again, I have to refer to Medusa at SFDK. All three trains were running, but not once did the crew not stack all three of them! Dispatches were about 3-4 minutes, with a 2 hour wait.

Slowest on a water ride: PP at Knott's. The wait was an hour, with one boat running on summer day! The dispatches were so slow, there were actually several occations where I thought the ride had broken down! (But it was just a slow dispatch)

Slowest Disney ride: CA Screamin on a summer weekend, when three trains were running. Even with Fastpass, you had to stand in line 20 minutes!

Biggest non-Vekoma capacity nightmare: Farenheit at Hersheypark. The capacity of this thing is only slightly higher than a Zac Spin! But, it may be the most popular ride in the park!had the ride just been designed to accomidate a 4th car, nearly all capacity problems would be solved! (BTW, the 850 per hour number is entirely dependant on the crew. The capacity can be even lower with a slow crew)

Slowest on a water ride: PP at Knott's. The wait was an hour, with one boat running on summer day! The dispatches were so slow, there were actually several occations where I thought the ride had broken down! (But it was just a slow dispatch)

That happened to me when I went to Knott's. It's really pathetic to see a 1-train operation on the park's largest water ride on a hot, 90-degree summer day.

Slowest Disney ride: CA Screamin

When I was there in mid-may I found the operations the best of all LA parks. They ran 5 trains and the regular wait was 10 mins - the single-rider line 1-2 mins....

I also agree on PP at Knotts - overall this park had the very worst operations in LA, plus various technical breakdowns which makes me think they save on maintenence.

Superman: The Ride opening year.

Waited 3 hours in the slowest moving line EVER.

I have to LOL at the comment about CA Screamin' ... a summer day and you had to wait 20 MINUTES for one of the most popular rides in the park!!!!! Seriously?

That same line would have been twice that at Six Flags or Knott's. In fact, good luck on those parks running 3 trains.

Superman: The Ride opening year.

Waited 3 hours in the slowest moving line EVER.

I have to LOL at the comment about CA Screamin' ... a summer day and you had to wait 20 MINUTES for one of the most popular rides in the park!!!!! Seriously?

That same line would have been twice that at Six Flags or Knott's. In fact, good luck on those parks running 3 trains.

I said FASTPASS was 20 minutes. Not RETURN in 20 minutes, but actually STAND IN THE FASTPASS LINE FOR 20 MINUTES. The actual wait was about 90 minutes. True, that is not exactly Six Flags or Cedar Fair, but that is far below the usual Disney norm.

Ah, I guess when friends were in town and wanted to ride the "coaster where your feet hang" at Canada's Wonderland on a summer weekday. This translated into just about a three hour wait for Flight Deck, the SLC.

A close second is Sky Rider, which takes forever no matter how long the line at since the loading/ unloading is extremely slow on those stand ups.

Has to be X at Magic Mountain using 1 train operation.

Once waited 3 hours for the ride because I with friends who insisted on riding, we got in line an hour and a half before the park closed, and didn't get in our car until 11:30pm. The ride went down 2 times while we were waiting in line, once when we were under the lift, and once when we were 2 trains away from getting on. Needless to say I will NEVER wait in that line anymore unless the line is less than an hour and doesn't break down. As soon as it breaks down now, I just get out of line.

I'm just going to make a list off of the top of my head...

-Fire in the Hole - Silver Dollar City

-Scorpion - Busch Gardens Africa

-New Mexico Rattler - Cliff's Amusement Park

-Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain - Indiana Beach

-Avalanche - Kings Dominion

-Kingda Ka - Six Flags Great Adventure

-Runaway Mountain - Six Flags Over Texas

I'm doing this one by categories.

One-train operation: Apocalypse, Boomerang (Knott's), Ednor-L'Attaque, GhostRider, Roar, Silver Bullet, X2

Two-train operation: Medusa, Riddler's Revenge, Tatsu

Single Cars: Green Lantern: First Flight, Toboggan Nordique

Non-Coaster: Perilous Plunge (Knott's), Sky Cruiser (Legoland)

All of these are rides where I waited for a significant amount of time and it felt like the line barely moved or should have moved a lot quicker based on observation of other, similar capacity rides. For example, Apocalypse was 110 minutes with one train and two switchback sections filled (partly due to Flash Pass), Medusa was 30 minutes with two trains and the station only about two-thirds full, etc.

Riddler's Revenge is horrible with one train operation. A one hour wait just inside the station. Outside the station its even longer.

The very first time I rode X (as it was called back then) in 2004 I waited almost three hours to ride it but it was two-train operation and the line was all the way across the bridge with all the switchbacks being used.

In the early 90s Splash Mountain at Disneyland almost always had over a two hour wait and broke down quite a bit.

Stealth at Thorpe Park. Only time I've watched a ride dispatch every 90 seconds but only had the line move once every 15 minutes (2 hour wait total, for a nearly full queue). Wish we had known about the single rider line.

Actually, now that I think of it, Bizarro at GAdv as well. We made it to the stairs in about 20 minutes (again, for a nearly full queue). We then stood at the top of the stairs for 15-20 minutes as the stand-by line was completely halted for flashpasses, since someone in the flashpass building screwed up. Pretty annoying to see three trains running with minimal stacking but not... move... a step..

Dragster in the morning was pretty slow too (3 rows filled, 3 rows, 4-rollback, 4, 4, rollback, 4, 4, rollback). After about an hour wait we got on, and the trains still weren't fully loaded.

And I also had to wait 30 minutes at a Wendy's once, due to a huge traffic jam making everyone get off to eat, and making finding somewhere else not much better...

^How big is Medusa's station????

Each row can hold probably 7-8 trains worth of riders. When I rode, it was about a six train wait, and it took 30-40 minutes. To put it into perspective, the ride was running two trains, is a little under 4000 ft long, and has a ride time somewhere around 3 minutes. On most trains, the loading gates wouldn't open until AFTER the second train had stopped outside the station on the brake run. I've never seen any other B&M dispatch one train every 5 minutes, including flyers, even when only one was running (except La Ronde's Goliath with one train).