TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1989 My best freind and I were somehow permitted to drive from florida to Ohio for the opening of a mega coaster. I gladly waited 3 and a half hours for my first ride on Manum XL200. I haven't been to many ride openings but can't imagine anything better than that.

Not a roller coaster but I was at Wet N' Wild Orlando the other day, and I waited an hour for The Storm (it wasn't a bad wait and the ride was worth it,) but I have this terrible fear of heights and I had to stare at the back of my cousins shirt the entire way up (which was this spiral staircase with holes in between the steps) and man I had a rough time.

I can do roller coasters because I'm strapped in, but stairs + heights + high winds = sheer terror for me.

Was totally worth it though!

The worst line I ever have waited in was probably 2.5 hours for X2 at SFMM. It was at night so that was cool but as previously mentioned we got in line 1 hour before closing. Not so bad i guess after reading some of the 4 hour plus responses .

My brothers and I waited 5 hours just to get into Dragster's station the first Wednesday it was open. I was all excited because my older brother pulled me and my little brother out of school just so we could go to the great Cedar Point and ride it. We were about halfway through the queue when it broke down. Of course we wanted to ride front row so that added another hour and a half seeing it broke down constantly . Second longest was for Milennium, 3 hours on 4th of July a few years back. Other than those two I haven't really had unbearably long waits for everything else I've ridden.

Okay, these were the worst lines I've ever been in ( and might you that I have mastered the Zen of waiting, but even these could cause the Zen master to go bezerk):

1) At Kings Island, I waited two hours to go on Son of Beast when it first opened up in 2000 ( they were only running just one train ). The following year, I will ride Son of Beast three times in a row within fifteen minutes!

2) Still at Kings Island, I once waiting an hour to ride this cool-looking coaster called "Scooby Doo's Roller Ghoster". I finally got on and it was the most lamest coaster I've ever ridden ( I shedded no tears when they finally took that coaster out ).

3) At Hersheypark, I waited 45 minutes to ride Wildcat. Now 45 minutes isn't that long of a time and the park was running two trains, but I had to behind a bunch of college-age kids that were rowdy and bug me to death ( especially that one kid who kept blowing that noisy noise-maker that I would have love to shove up his !!! ).

4) At Six Flags Magic Mountain, I waited 90 minutes to ride the Log Jammer ( at least no rowdy kids to be behind of ).

5) And at my home park of Kings Dominion, I waited 60 minutes to ride the log flume and I had to be near a couple of crying, whining, snotty-nose kids who don't know how to SHUT UP AND STAND IN LINE QUIETLY!!!( if you think they were bad, their mothers were even worse, like they were married to ).

Now the longest line I ever waited in was for Six Flags Great Adventure Kingsta Ka in which I waited in line for ( wait for it ) two hours and twenty minutes! That was the longest, but it wasn't the worst; I had my friends with me as we played a few games to pass the time, plus there was a DJ that was hammering out the hits ( She played songs such as Beat It!, "Spice up your Life", and "Hey Ya!" ).

This was me as I boarded the train to Kingsta Ka -

This was me after I rode Kingsta Ka -

"And this is me whenever a certain somebody gets off this computer and lays his head upon mine."

I recently waited in the line for Cheetah Hunt....

The sign posted 90 minutes, The line moved really fast and I enjoyed talking to the people around me. The ride broke down several times, but it really wasn't too bad. (Review of the ride to come later.....)

As for my second time around the sign posted about 70 mins. About 5 minutes in the ride had a breakdown. The line kept on moving the whole time (The idiots that were leaving) The ride was down for a good 45 minutes (They had to replace a tire in the station. (I was actually standing near that area,so I got to watch!) They handed out water when we got to the front of the line. (Thank you so much BGT!) The ride operators also made an announcment thanking everyone for being so patient (I didn't hear a single boo)

Now for the real problem with Cheetah Hunt! The line moves fast, the operators move at an above decent speed, However, people are idiots....YOU ARE GOING ON A LAUNCHED COASTER!!!!!!! WHY ARE YOU WEARING A HAT!!!!!! However instead of taking there belongings off, they sit down and struggle to get buckled, then causing them to have to reset the restraints. This happens ALOT, they really need to make sure people know this before they get on the ride. When you have EVERY train stacking (In the hot sun, no less) you really need to enforce a new policy. Capacity would shoot up! It also seems that the restraints are a tad bit confusing to the GP, maybe a video showing how to load or a diagram in the line would help!

Thats the Cheetah Hunt Line Review....The ride review will come soon. It was good. (All I'm saying for now)

• 2 months later...

The title says it all. For me the answer is not V2, not Vu (Never rode it) and not Rajun Cajun. It actually was TTD. I don't know if it just had a bad crew, or if it was because of high winds but as many of you know TTD boards two trains at a time. They dispatched a pair of trains ever 5-6 mins. Is this always how TTD operates.

Anyways what about you????

The Ultimate at Lightwater Valley. The ride itself takes over 7 minutes, they were running on one train only and the operators were working unbelievably slow. We waited around 90 minutes (and the park was really not crowded at all on that day)

It actually was TTD. I don't know if it just had a bad crew, or if it was because of high winds but as many of you know TTD boards two trains at a time. They dispatched a pair of trains ever 5-6 mins. Is this always how TTD operates.

I'm not sure when you went, but for the first half of this season Dragster operated without the "multi-move" function, which meant each train had to move 2 blocks before the one behind it would move, whereas normally the trains all move forward at the same time. However, even without that, trains should be dispatched in under 2.5 minutes. Normal interval is 70 seconds and moving doesn't take more than 40 seconds, probably 60 without multi-move. Keep in mind that means 2 trains would be dispatched every 130 seconds. Assuming there are absolutely 0 guest problems (which is impossible) and every seat is full, that would be around 990 riders per hour. The thing is, the queues can be pretty deceiving. They can hold a lot more people than you think, not to mention once the line splits, it begins to move half as fast, for obvious reasons.

For me, its got to be Batwing at SFA. I know the restraints are already complicated, but the crew was moving PAINFULLY slow, there was only one train running, the flash pass system was a nightmare, and what looked like a 20 minute line took an hour. Needless to say, it was a fun ride, but the crew looked like they could have used a Red Bull or two.