TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never show up at parks during school holidays, public holidays or weekends, so for me the 50 minute wait for Silver Bullet lately at Knotts was by far the worst in years for me.

I also love carnivals: Olympia costs € 5,50 (USD 8) per ride - so you always have a short line!

For me they could make days with increased entry fees if that would scare some poeple away...

@chadster: At Knotts I blocked some line-cutters at Xcelerator, and they even had the chuzpe to start fussing about it! A danish couple then sided with my point of view and those kids got lost. Also young girls often tried to cut line by playing cute - well, they tried...

Alright. We have all been in the situation when we have been turned down from a ride as a result of being too short/too large/or perhaps too tall. However, I have an all new story.

I had just waited 45 minutes to ride DownUnder Thunder (waterslide) at CGA. I was 13 at the time, and, although I have always been very small, I knew I was well above the height restriction.

I got to the front of the line. This conversation happened

Op: Are you a single rider?

Me: Yes.

Op: Well, please get in...wait, how much do you weigh?

Me: 100 lb

Op: Sorry. We need a combined weight of 120 lb!

This was more funny than dissapointing, though! I would like to thank the op for letting me go down the adjacent orange slide, though.

This was far from my worst waterslide incident! The longest I have waited for one was almost 2 hours to ride Pacific Spin at Knott's SC! This experience ruined funnel tube rides for me.

Space Mountain at Disneyland CA. I waited three hours, but because of a block break malfunction that ended up stopping the ride, the employees allowed us all to ride it twice in a row to make up for it.

X before it was X2------waited 2.5 hours in the blazing sun----the Pop machine stole my money so it cost me twice as much to get something to drink......while in line.....and then they decided to put train #2 on the track after an hour, which took another hour for whatever reason to cycle thru......and then.....45 min later we actually got to ride. I feel bad for the people maybe twenty min behind us in line because after I rode it, it broke down again. If I had never ridden this ride before, I would not have waited.

On the plus side, while at Tatsu Media Day, I got on a few times with minimal waits....Still haven't been on the "new" version though.

Pretty much all of the lines at Cedar Point when we went in the summer of '09 were really long. They somehow got the line to seem like it was moving fast (by taking about 50 people at a time up into the station). It still took 1-2 hours per coaster. Thankfully, there were shade covers over the lines so it wasn't TOO hot. But it was really boring and it made me appreciate the stupid little programs Six Flags has on their little TVs.

Although, seeing the same program with the skateboarders wiping out in the X2 line got really old really fast.

The longest line I ever waited in was just over 4 hours for Soarin' at EPCOT!

Before you ask, I only did it because it was the first time I had been to a Disney Park in 6 years and it was the first time I would be able to ride Soarin'.

Honestly, It was the worst line ever, I almost snapped and drop kicked a child! For god sakes, EPCOT, fix this NOW!!!

On a side note, on New Year's Eve, Soarin's line reached anywhere from 4-8 hours, to the point where that would be your only ride that day, they actually had security posted inside the line, to make sure no babies were punted!

I really haven't experienced too many long lines; having never really been around to too many large parks. The longest line was for Sky Rocket at Kennywood opening year. We were there for the parade in late August (Our band was the first thing in the parade, by the way) and the wait was posted at 45 minutes.

So, neither of the two people I was with wanted to ride, so I was stuck alone in a line, not even sure if this was allowed and who do I see up the stairs? Our group of instructors. (We were easy to find, all wearing our show shirts that had about 0.05% to do with our show.) I was quite aways back, so I thought nothing of it. Right as I got through the switchbacks, the ride malfunctions and they start running empty ride vehicles. But, the line kept moving, so I was happy. So right as I get to the station, guess who's getting off? The instructors. They ask me who I'm with and I told them my group didn't want to ride. They were cool with that.

So i get in the back seat and this lady sits beside me. She has a purse with her. WHen the ride attendant tells her she can't have it, she seems surprised. Why would you think you would hold on to your purse on a LAUNCHED, LOOPING, ROLLER COASTER!?

On a lighter note, the ride was fun, and I only waited 15 minutes above the posted wait time. Throughout the day, it was up to almost 2 hours, so I was glad I had time to ride it before we had to get dressed for the parade.

I waited 3 hours for Drachen Fire the day it opened. The line started all the way back at the Festhaus. It was opening day for the season and they were only running one train. It broke down a couple of times too but I was very determined to ride it. I loved it so much I ended up working on it just three years later!

I also waited 3 hours, twice in the same day, for X. It was such a great ride we just couldn't help ourselves. We drove all the way there from Utah so we wanted our money's worth. Some of the most fun I've ever had on a theme park ride. If I remember right, it was March of 2003 so the ride was still fairly new. We went of most everything else there with no problem because everyone was in line for X.

Today, I just recieved a new contender for my worst line (and probably my second worst of all)

I queued for Medusa at SFDK. It was raining, and the queuing area was full, including the giant outdoor switchback (I hate getting wet)

(Kept on waiting)

A small 10 minute breakdown took place. After this, one of the trains was sent around half-empty for a few cycles.

(Kept on waiting)

About 45 minutes had gone by, and I was finally under the covered area. All of the sudden, I heard an announcment

"For your convienience, we will be adding a third train"

OK. The line has been the same length all day. Why are you adding the third train now? Oh, well. Better late than never

Or is it?

It took about 15 minutes to add the third train. Previously, I noticed that dispatches took about four minutes. I wondered how the third train would help at all

(Kept on waiting)

It did not take me long to realize that the addition of the third train was pretty much pointless! (All three trains were being stacked on every cycle)

(Kept on waiting, until front seat line)

Total, the wait added up to just under two hours. Did I mention the rain cleared shortly after I got in the covered area?

Season Pass Processing at Six Flags Great Adventure back when everyone needed to get a new picture taken EVERY SINGLE year. We waited about 4 hours. lol

As far as rides, Millennium Force back in 2001 (about 2 1/2 hours) but it was totally worth it.

I think I waited about 2 1/2 hours for Curse of the Darkcastle the weekend it opened at BGW. Was not worth the wait, when we went through the video seemed out of sync with the ride. As we approached some screen the scene was already 1/2 way done.

I also waited nearly two hours for Soarin'. The side we were on broke down after we made the turn, so instead of mixing us in with the other side right away, they cleared that side of the ride and then merged us in.

TTD, it had been down all day till about 1. So we got in line when it was near the bleachers and 10 minutes later it broke down. Which actually probably worked in our favor because it was broke down so fast after openening a lot of people left. This made about half the people inside the queue leave, which is where we waited for 15 minutes before the ride started working again. 40 minutes later we made it to the ramp and it breaks down again. Probably a good 30-40 minutes later it opened up again. Thankfully those kind mid-west folks are nice to talk to and they kept us company and assured us once we got it would be worth it! So about 10 minutes later we are on! It wasn't the waiting that was so bad but the humidity, I was not used to it at all.

But anyway after we got off they launced two more trains before shutting down because of rain. It was raining harder than I've ever seen before (SoCal person so we don't see it much) and 10 minutes later it was clear again. So we got in line for Magma after that downpoor and they launced a train that barley made it over the tower and I told my brother "5 bucks next one rollsback" and sure enough it did! Four trains short of a rollback which is what is probably sucks the most looking back at it.

Sorry for my lenghty post.

Tonnerre de Zeus, Parc Astérix. This park has no idea on good throughputs. The ride has a terrible capacity, I waited 3 hours and it wasn't even in all the extensions.

- I bet Europa Park isn't even coming into anyones minds in this thread haha!

The longest I've ever waited in line was for the Forbidden Journey ride at Islands of Adventure. I think we waited for almost three hours.. Mainly because we were there a few days after they opened the ride and it broke down while we were in line. It was totally worth it though, amazing dark ride!

Just over three hours for Magnum in 1989. I was so freaking scared. That day was seriously the ultimate poster child for the "Dumb Stuff Overheard from the GP" thread, everyone had a story about how dangerous the new roller coaster was.

It was so awesome.

Superman: The Escape at SFMM during the peak of summer in its opening year. The line was over halfway wrapped down the hill, 100+ degree heat, constant breakdowns, line jumpers, stuffy smoke machine at beginning of fortress of solitude, disgusting humidity inside the station from the body heat and the summer temps.

When it was all said and done I waited about 3 hours to ride. I remember being so nervous to ride, the size of that tower and the sound of the launch from inside the station are very intimidating for a 12 year old!