TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

2.5 hours waiting for the train at SFStL's FrightFest last year (for a line that looked like it should have been 45 mins. max), another 20 minutes sitting on the train after it broke down and then the ride itself, which consisted of some story I couldn't really hear about barbecued pigs (?) while looking at a car exploding, some guys shooting at each other and ending with Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train" blasting.

So in all, over 3 hours of my life I will never get back but a lesson well learned.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most lines at cedarfair parks, because they don't have fast pass.

The worst line ever, would have to be top thrill dragster anytime during the first few seasons. It had constant breakdowns, and the line moved very slow.

Usually I'll skip a ride if the line's longer than a half hour. However, the longest line I waited in was 2 hours for Millennium Force during Halloweekends. But the worst line was waiting an hour and a half for Mean Streak that same day. Why I did that, I may never know.

^ Damn... that sucks. That pyramid gets hellishly hot at times.

The longest I remember waiting was for Goliath @ SFMM on New Years Eve 5 or 6 years ago during the day. It wasn't even a crazy crowded day, just that was a long line.

Raptor @ Cedar Point. There is no shade in the far end of the queues and I've burned plenty of times in that line.

I'm fine with lines, they don't bug me. As long as I have good friends to chat with and it also helps when I don't have to put my camera in a l.o.c.k.e.r. I love taking pictures in queues. People are acting weird, and there are good angles of the ride.

my worst ever was 3 years for Top Thrill Dragster. I was at the park opening year of the ride, and it was broken down all day, returned the next season and it was again broken down on the day of my visit, returned on the third year of operation and it was broken down again but finally began testing late in the day maybe 2 or 3 hours before park closing. We got in line to finish up watching the testing (and a few roll backs) then they slowly began cycling one train at a time with passengers. Well anyways 3 years later and about 4 hours in line (we got our ride about 1.5 hrs after park closing) I finally got my Dragster credit.

Splash Battle Media Day at Legoland California... I waited 3 hours for it... and the overflow queue was set up in such a way that the water cannons from the ride could actually hit you while you were in line... I'd gotten drenched before I even stepped onto the loading platform!

• 3 weeks later...

First year Volcano was open and they were running half trains, I waited 4 hours for the front, went to the bathroom, and then waiting another 4 hours for the front again. I really loved coasters before that, but that ride was the one that turned me into a freak.

Every line I waited in when visited Cedar Point in 2009, especially for Maverick. I waited over an hour before we made half way through the line. Of course the ride decides to breakdown so it was closed for the rest of the day. So we just rode it the next day, after waiting another hour.

Here are my worst lines (although not quite my longest)

1. (Did I mention this before)? 2 hours for Apocalypse on WCB. And to think the ride op said the wait was only 1 hour!!!

2. Roar at SFDK at the last Fright Fest, full queue, about 1.5 hours

3. Kong (same park, same day) 1 hour (not too bad, but an SLC was the reward!)

(One train running in all of the above)

These are not the top 3 longest lines I have waited in, but they are the worst!

Although, I do know someone who waited 5 hours for Rocket Rods! (Finally got on after the 6th breakdown)

I waited 45 minutes in line for a kiddie coaster last weekend, parents kept cutting in front of me with their little hellians and then were like, were you in line? Yes bitch, I was in line, but since you are more important, by all means, please, go ahead of me.

Off the top of my head, here are the worst lines I have waited in purely based off of length...

120 minutes- Ripsaw Falls- I rode it the first summer that lapbars were installed. The ride kept breaking down.

90 minutes- Bizarro at Six Flags New England- There were 2 trains, but stacking was very bad and it was during Fright Fest.

90 minutes- Volcano the Blast Coaster- 100+ degree heat and slow dispatches caused this.

But the hands down worst line that I have ever waited in was Great Escape's old Nightmare coaster. There were probably 40-50 people ahead of me in line and it was an hour wait. With dispatches over a minute apart and just 2 riders per car, this ride literally was a nightmare.

By far, the worst had to be Storm Runner, when I went to Hersheypark last summer. The line barely ever moved, even though they were running 2 trains. I found out later on, that they were basically keeping one train in the station until the other one came back, even after it had loaded, essentially making it a 1 train operating day. I mean, what is the point of having two trains, if you're not gonna utilize them to the full extent of their potential efficiency?

Then, the ride broke down for an indeterminate amount of time, and I just said "screw this" and left the line. I never see many efficiency issues at PA parks in general, but there was a glaring exception.

I also remember going to Darien Lake during the time SF owned it, and the same kind of efficiency issues plagued both Ride of Steel and Predator. On top of that, they were only running one train on Mind Eraser, on a busy day, which I found completely preposterous.