TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hershey Park

coasterguy618

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went last year near the end of August and it was very busy. We spent two days at the park [both were weekdays] and were lucky we did because the first day was rainy and more than half the coasters were closed. They were also doing one train operations on most rides, even when the wait was over an hour long [this was only the first day though]. We waited over an hour for Storm Runner both times we rode and nearly an hour for pretty much everything else except for Lightning Racer. The line for that went pretty fast.

The capacity on Roller Soaker is terrible. There were only two rides infront of us when we got in line [it was a cold day], yet it still took more than half an hour for us to get on..so if you care about riding this don't do it during the middle of the afternoon on a hot day since I'm sure the line can get well over an hour, if not two.

It's possible to do the park in one day, but based on my experience last year I'd do two. Expect crowds, even if it's rainy. As for what you should do first, I would say Storm Runner. If you don't get there for opening it probably wont matter since the line was pretty consistent for the rest of the day. Hope that helps a bit.

Make sure you stay until closing, the last several hours the park becomes pretty empty. Last June we were able to get all the credits in about 2 1/2 hours after 6:30PM.

Thats good for me because I dont plan on getting to the park until later in the day on the first day.

Here is what I suggest to anyone visiting Hersheypark.

Get there in the late afternoon and hang around Chocolate World (free admission) for a while until you can get into the park for "preview". Then, close the park.

If you kept your parking stub and admission stub from the night before, you will park and get into the park for free the second day. Get there early and head to Storm Runner. Resist the urge to go to Wildcat and LR next and head to the Comet.

Comet and Stormrunner and the two biggest lines in the park.