TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

So today I was GADv for the 7th time this year. It was a pretty short trip (but alot of fun) Here is a Trip Report.

So I woke up at about 8:30 to get ready and all. Me and my older sis left the house at about 9:40. When we got there at about 10:15 we noticed it wasnt that crowded as it usually is on Saturdays in the summer.

So when we got past the tickets booths I decided to go to Nitro instead of El Toro like I usually do. It was a walk on.We got on twice. Then, we went on BTR which was another walk on.

After that we headed over to Plaza Del Carnaval to get a ride on El Toro. I noticed that In the Loop was there doing a Guide to the Midway show. That was pretty cool to see because I listen to them all the time. Anyway, we saw that Toro was stuck at the bottom of the lift and the ride ops were evacing the people off of the train. So we head over to Medusa. It was a really short wait. About 10-15 mins. We got in the back row.

When sitting on the brakerun of Medusa we noticed that Toro was open, so we headed there next. It was about a 40-45 min wait for Toro. Not bad at all. My sister loved ET. It is her favorite coaster and mine also. After that we grabbed a bite to eat at La Cocina and then left at around 2:30. Overall, it was a fun trip I really enjoyed. We had fun.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And it's even in your under-the-name signature... shame! That's the second case I've seen today of x is better than y even though I haven't been on y yet.

Seriously though, this is good news to me that El Toro had a 40 minute wait on a Saturday, considering I'm going this Thursday to ride it for the first time.

Being one of the few fans of Kingda Ka, I have to also ask why you wouldn't want to ride it every visit... just curious. I was hoping to get a few rides on it Thursday. Didn't even know it had reopened after the lightning strike, so for this info, I thank you.

To ECZenith, when you have a ride like El Toro compared to Kingda Ka you will pick Toro. Have fun on Thursday, if you need any advice or help just let me know.

I was there tonight and it was horrible. Every line had about an hour wait and the parking lot was jammed. I only got on Musik Express and Riptide.

because I listen to them all the time.

Poor you, that must suck, that show is horrible.

Sounds like a great day though, I wish I was going to SFGAdv. Actually I was until the summer program that I'm going to at Stevens changed their weekend trips (we're going to a Yankees game instead of SFGAdv...woohoo...not). I'll get there sometime.

Was Ka open?

You really can't ask that question to someone 3 weeks before your visit because...

A) Something big could happen to it at some point within the next 3 weeks

B) If this were baseball, it would be classified as day-to-day

C) It is Kingda Ka

I was there too because clint and them were doing the in the loop show and their friends of mine..

you got lucky my friend and i probably saw you, i saw couple of people wearing theme park review shirts..

this must have been the most crowded day in the park since frightfest cuz of that black gospel festival or whatever it was.

el toro had a 3 hour line most of the day, you got crazy lucky with your 40 min wait..

i had to wait hour with a FLASH PASS LOL.. scanned it 2pm - it said come back at 5:45... got on around 6:45..

they were sending trains like it was only one train in operation, insane stacking...

I'm sorry is that $70 for 3 people? That's not too bad if I'm able to get a couple rides on El Toro and Kingda Ka, and some of the other rides that get awful lines like Superman. I only have one day to see it all so I may have to risk it. If there's a huge line for q-bots, I'm obviously not going to try it, but hopefully I can get on Toro on a Thursday without it if I'm not able to get one...

you got lucky my friend and i probably saw you, i saw couple of people wearing theme park review shirts..

You probably saw me and Guy and Jeff W. from the UK trip

Stay tuned form my photo trip report!

Rich "El Toro is better than Voyage IMO" E.

I think I'm just going to take the risk and head right to El Toro at opening, I'm hoping it won't be too crowded on Thursday, I know anything could change, but are the lines really 3 hrs + on a weekday??

Also, how has the line for Superman been this year? I'd imagine the wait times have been cut shorter due to the new ride...

I really like that ride for some reason, but it's no Tatsu.