TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Heide Park Discussion Thread

I am really looking forward to seeing this ride built! The trains are sexy and I totally agree: I hope this moves more like a Euro Fighter as at the moment, Dive Machines have a more majestic and meandering feel to them. One thing I really hope for with this is an intense drop. Not saying Dive Machine drops aren't intense because nothing beats looking down at the drop before plummeting but, I found Griffon's drop to be a LOT less intense than Oblivion's. This isn't me being being a fanboy because I like Griffon on a whole better but what struck me was how different the drop was. I expected it to be a longer version of Oblivion's but I was mistaken. I find Oblivion's drop more 'HOLY SH!T' and Griffon is more 'Weeee.' It may just be me and my weirdness but if someone else agrees, please say!

I´m also looking at and thinking about that "Krake" project. For some germans it will be their first "dive-machine" ever but i think that is not the point that i´m really looking for. The layout is short (if i trust the specifications at the "killerkrake" blog). It is even lower than "Oblivion" and a compact piece of thrill. A kind of a "kiddie sheikra" - half cutted.

The announcement of the theming is what i am interested in. The idea behind this coaster is a real step into the right direction for Heide Park.

Thank you, Merlin!

I hope the theming will be nearly as well as it is announced.

And hopefully not only a "joke in the box".

Edited by freefallXL

..it started with magnetic brakes and ended up in a launch.. maybe, we are getting a launched B&M .. some day. *dreaming*

Edit: beside the dream,.. i´m looking forward. A Question: Will Rob eating the "Krake", before the "Krake" eat (*noms*) him? I know, the air in germany can making hungry

...well,... news: the "Immelmann" is "in the roW" - building up.

15.01.2011 - Germany.

Well, I guess I can say that most of the Germans are a little unhappy because of the shortness of the Ride. But maybe/hopefully the Theming, especially the Drop into the Octopussys mouth, will make up for it !!!

Greeds from Germany...

GeorgeT

Is that No Limits video accurate?

If it is, well, can't Heide park do better? I mean, I'm sure it will be themed nicely, but even so, you'd think a park the size of Heide Park would spend a little more on the ride itself. Personally, I thought Oblivion was a massive waste of time, and this doesn't look like it'll be a whole lot better, even with extensive theming.

Meh, I guess we'll see how it turns out though.

Its not 100% accurate the immelmann for example rotates in the opposite direction.

Personally, I think the ride looks like a great fit for Heide Park. If your recreation is fairly accurate, it looks like this coaster will have quite the airtime hill after the Immelmann. I must get over to Europe soon!

Even if the Ride will be short, or in the worst Case just a one trick Pony...I guess we have to keep in Mind that this is *just* an Addition to an already strong and extensive Coaster Lineup.

At least if I keep this in mind I*m satisfied anyway...

GeorgeT

^And we all also have to remember that to most German's visiting this park they will have never seen any coaster like this, so even a short length one will look very impressive.

I agree in your comment, but I´m annoyed of this concept. I would prefer a new ride with old elements, if it´s a long and impressive ride with a good track than a short ride, only because of one special effect or new ride form.

Every ride, which is short and has only one special effect, is boring after a few rides, because the new element isn´t new anymore. Look at the old coasters with long tracks and a good layout, they are still impressive and I would prefer them to the newer ones. So I guess the visitors of the park would come more often to ride a longer coaster, but you won´t get such a publicity with it.

So why do we get so often such short new rides in our region? Sad Heidepark wasn´t able to get a longer layout!

But besides that, it´s interesting and nice to see, how the Kraken grows up and I´m sure, the themeing would be great.