TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Heide Park Discussion Thread

Wow. How underwhelming. There is almost nothing about this ride that impresses me. Aside from the fact that I have never been on an Intimin rocket that didn't have some sort of top hat element. Also, leave it up to Intimin to ruin another perfectly good speed hill with a brake run at the top. What happened to the days of having a brake run before the station or at least after the the bunny hops.

Hmmmm.

Wow. How underwhelming. There is almost nothing about this ride that impresses me. Aside from the fact that I have never been on an Intimin rocket that didn't have some sort of top hat element. Also, leave it up to Intimin to ruin another perfectly good speed hill with a brake run at the top. What happened to the days of having a brake run before the station or at least after the the bunny hops.

Hmmmm.

For the front part of the ride it's identical to Rita (which btw isn't worth waiting in line to ride) the only difference to Rita is the final little bunny hop on rita hits the brake and almost completely stops at least on this it doesn't kill it completely ! But saying that, it does look deeply disappointing and having riden Rita again this weekend I wouldn't make a trip there just for that ride alone !!

Even though it is a clone, this looks like a good coaster. The theme is respectable(not great, but better than most CF coasters) with the exception of the helicopter. While the layout could have been better, it is nice to see this park finally getting a new coaster.

I think the Helicopter is based an old "Sea-king" or "Puma" model.

The cars could of been done in army desert colours, have some camerflarge netting in the station etc. Blue train is better than Red though.

The ride will do very well at Heide, shame it's a clone and not a custom design.

For the next design please take the brakes off the "hill" so the hill / helix combo can be taken at speed and everyone can get some before they come to a stop.

I'm pretty sure the last turn will be taken faster than that.

Coasters with magnetic brakes (intamin Rocket types, at least) tend to have more brake fins installed than necessary and then have them removed depending on whether the ride performs as expected.

The heavy banking at that crawl would just not have been designed that way. It'll be taking that faster.

P.S. Parks need to STOP including theming based on airborne objects. Expedition Everest’s bird on a stick, and now Desert race’s Helicopter Popsicle. Seriously, they will NEVER look right. It’s lame. Just stop doing it.

Yeah, it'll be good to have some intamin rockets on the European continent. Desert race is Germanies first rocket coaster. I liked Rita-QOS, and this one will be just as cool. I agree with most people. The colours of the track and supports look very neat. But that red train... and the helicopter... I was also hoping for an ultra themed coaster like Black Mamba.

For Heide Park this is a great addition. They do have a nice selection of rides now: mega-woody, looping coaster, inverted looping coaster, bobsled, gyrodrop, mine train, some very descent water rides... Is Heide Park on it's way to become Europes Cedar Point? I would like to see that Intamin Gigacoaster coming to Heide Park!

• 1 month later...
Looks great, except the red train and the helicopter. They should have made the trains sand color, or gold.

What??? This is not a "stealth" race.

From the promo on the first page, what i got from it, that the.. I think it's a Mitsubishi Endeavor, that the ride is themed to be some sort off off road/rally race. So It kinda helps onlookers who are watching the race..see the cars if they are some color that doesn't match the surroundings. If any of you have played any rally games, NONE of the cars match the surroundings, you don't WANT it to blend in, you want it to stick out, i think those colors are great.

As with teh helicopter, it was already explained why.

The onlything they could've done better, is make the trains look more like cars. I could see why they didn't want the Rita/Xcearator cars, because they're not driving in the 50s. But i'm sure Intamin could've done something to make them look a bit more Subaru Impreza (I wish) looking.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday we went to Heide Park. This is a great ride. The launch is forceful, I just love those Intamin twisty bits and high speed turns and there is even some airtime. The restraints are a bit more comfortable then Rita's. They removed that sharp edge that bangs against your neck. DR also seems a bit smoother then Rita, but that's probably because it opened only a month ago. Too bad that the last turn, even though it is heavily banked, is at a very low speed. Hopefully they will remove some of the brakes on the last hill.

The theming is nice. Ther is a good soundtrack, the color scheme is wonderful, the trains look good. That helicopter doesn´t look too bad. It isn´t supposed to be flying or hovering, it is just standing on a helicopter deck. On the last hill you race just over the helicopters´s rotor, which is a cool effect.

The general public in the park was amazed by this ride. They were all clapping, cheering and full of adrenaline when they saw the launch. It´s a great choice of the park to build an Intamin Rocket without inversions. But why a clone of rita...? You could have build a mirror image or a slightly different track Heide Park.

Perhaps I or Menghini will post some pictures someday soon.

• 11 months later...

I went on this the other week and I have to say I wasn't impressed.

The launch was fast to me (I didn't like it to be honest) and the whole ride was over quite quickly (thank God because I was thrown about so much I doubt my bottom touched the seat until we stopped) and I came off with a headache thinking "that's my credit, don't need to ride it again"

The other problems are the scenery, or lack of, it's literally just sand and a helicopter and also when we went it kept cutting out due to it overheating so the queue was massive. I know its all safety first but I got badly sunburned waiting (my fault I know) but still...

On a plus side I did get a brilliant on ride photo of my face in pure fear and the turning cabinets for your stuff are brilliant! but apart from that I definately wouldn't ride it again.

Did anyone else have a similar experience?

• 10 months later...

I'm disappointed that the colour scheme has been ditched!

Looks like a cool area though. I'd say they might be a bit similar to things already in Heide Park but they already have two of everything in the park anyway so this just adds to the charm!

Looks like a cool area though. I'd say they might be a bit similar to things already in Heide Park but they already have two of everything in the park anyway so this just adds to the charm!

So am I! I guess they got bored of the old-school RCT image.

I'm really looking forward to going here in the summer now, it looks like a great park to spend a day there.

"Why build one when you can have two at twice the price?"

...Wanna take a ride?

It's amazing how changed in themeing the back area of the park is going to look...

But (most of) the good old flats'll remain the same, LOL!

Thanks for showing the ongoing work there.

Wishing and hoping I'll be able to make a return visit - some year.