TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Heide Park Discussion Thread

I visited Heide Park in May last year and enjoyed Collossos so much.

I came back this year on July 5th and I was surprised how rough it got since last year. I´m not suprised they closed it, but it´s true it lasted 15 years. That´s great achievement.

Does anyone who knows Heide staff or the like know more specifically why it's had to go down other than just "rail part replacement"? (EG which bits need retracking).

I'm a bit annoyed it'll be down for my first ever visit in October, but there's not much I can do about it. I think it'd take a miracle for them to reopen it for Halloween but I wouldn't say it's impossible!

EDIT: as a general note, I'm intrigued to see if the other Intamin woodies will need this at some point in their lives. I would assume Colossos was maintained pretty well, so it begs the question about rides like El Toro, as Six Flags often don't look after their rides particularly well. Also, it'll be interesting to see the time for the new bits of track to be produced. Colossos is a prefab woodie which reduces initial track build and production time at least.

Edited by NemesisRider

Does anyone who knows Heide staff or the like know more specifically why it's had to go down other than just "rail part replacement"? (EG which bits need retracking).

I'm a bit annoyed it'll be down for my first ever visit in October, but there's not much I can do about it. I think it'd take a miracle for them to reopen it for Halloween but I wouldn't say it's impossible!

Based on the last time I rode it i would think the valleys and the helix is in need of retracking.

Based on the last time I rode it i would think the valleys and the helix is in need of retracking.

In my experience the problems begin in the turnaround and the helix is the capper. Basically the whole second half of the ride is in need of retracking.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

EDIT: as a general note, I'm intrigued to see if the other Intamin woodies will need this at some point in their lives. I would assume Colossos was maintained pretty well, so it begs the question about rides like El Toro, as Six Flags often don't look after their rides particularly well. Also, it'll be interesting to see the time for the new bits of track to be produced. Colossos is a prefab woodie which reduces initial track build and production time at least.

I'm a little late to this but I know GADV has been doing track work on El Toro for the past few years and the carpenters do it all in house. They remove entire track sections, cut out the portions of track that are bad, and then rebuild the track sections using the same tactics used when the track pieces were originally manufactured. I'd imagine Heide Park will either do the same thing or simply purchase new track pieces since the manufacturing plant is in Europe. I've seen the carpenters retrack little bits of Toro during the regular season and it's pretty cool to watch.

So as it is kinda confirmed that something big is coming within the next 2 years (won't rule a 2018 opening out as 2017 could be mostly construction, so it's still a big investment that year) the question now is, what is coming?

For location I'm guessing the land between to the Mountain Rafting, Wüstenflitzer and the old log flume.

Why?

The couple of old flat rides that were there have been removed and the Lego store has, as far as I know, been moved to the entrance of the park. At least it isn't on the park map anymore...

And what is going there?

I'm guessing some kind of water ride (Intamin AquaTrax FTW!).

No srsly, The log flume they have rn isn't themed, pretty old and generally unexiting, especially compared to its competitors at EP and Phantasialand.

BTW, If it's a water ride I can see them removing the old log flume entirely for additional space!

So and now we get to the probably pretty unrealistic dream I'm having since some time now for this park.

A launched B&M flying coaster over the lake!

Well you're allowed to have dreams... :/

image.thumb.jpeg.c2f46beb19fad5a29e6e8a02cec70cf1.jpeg

Possible area of the addition marked in blue, places where flats were last year marked in red!

Why would they do another flying coaster if they already have one (and I think it´s pretty good one actually)

Last month they didn't have a flying coaster yet.

B&M seems to be stepping up their game when it comes to construction speed! xD

Or it's invisible.

Yeah...

The closest thing they have to a flying anything is a carousel in their "how to train your dragon" area. You ride that lying down, so it's kinda like flying I guess, was pretty fun!

But it's no coaster.

You're probably thinking about their wing rider, which is an OK ride to me. It's a bit sluggish, but has a cool drop and looks awesome.

BTW, A (B&M) flying coaster would be a Mainland Europe's first!

Why would they do another flying coaster if they already have one (and I think it´s pretty good one actually)

Last month they didn't have a flying coaster yet.

B&M seems to be stepping up their game when it comes to construction speed! xD

Or it's invisible.

Yeah...

The closest thing they have to a flying anything is a carousel in their "how to train your dragon" area. You ride that lying down, so it's kinda like flying I guess, was pretty fun!

But it's no coaster.

You're probably thinking about their wing rider, which is an OK ride to me. It's a bit sluggish, but has a cool drop and looks awesome.

BTW, A (B&M) flying coaster would be a Mainland Europe's first!

Sorry, I thought you are saying wing coaster. Yea, one of the things I would like to see anywhere in Europe is proper flying coaster (don´t like Alton Tower´s one very much) or 4D coaster (like X2 or similar)

So as it is kinda confirmed that something big is coming within the next 2 years (won't rule a 2018 opening out as 2017 could be mostly construction, so it's still a big investment that year) the question now is, what is coming?

For location I'm guessing the land between to the Mountain Rafting, Wüstenflitzer and the old log flume.

Why?

The couple of old flat rides that were there have been removed and the Lego store has, as far as I know, been moved to the entrance of the park. At least it isn't on the park map anymore...

And what is going there?

No srsly, The log flume they have rn isn't themed, pretty old and generally unexiting, especially compared to its competitors at EP and Phantasialand.

BTW, If it's a water ride I can see them removing the old log flume entirely for additional space!

So and now we get to the probably pretty unrealistic dream I'm having since some time now for this park.

I guess you missed the post that started the whole speculation, which links to a Facebook post of the park saying something new is coming in 2017, and inside the old "Hello Spencer" hall (which you crossed out on your sketch) work has started?

Why?

And what is going there?

I guess you missed the post that started the whole speculation, which links to a Facebook post of the park saying something new is coming in 2017, and inside the old "Hello Spencer" hall (which you crossed out on your sketch) work has started?

Ups wasn't even aware of it's existence, I've been a few times there and thought there was just a lego shop inside that building.

Well, I hope that show thing isn't the "high year investment", bc that'd be quite a letdown.

Then...I guess it goes around the building?

Or just on the right side, replacing the woods and the old log flume?

But more likely 2018 opening then I guess..

Anyway something over the lake is a higher possibility now! *dreams*

^If it's inside the building, and it's going to be a high investment then i'd say dark ride. You keep mentioning 2018 when they've clearly got 2017 as the high investment year. Merlin won't usually follow a high investment year with another one the year after, they wait four more years.