TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Heide Park Discussion Thread

^Those are some interesting cars! Not sure if I like them, or if they freak me out.... or both!

Since "How To Train Your Dragon" is where these little fishies came from... I love it!

Very graphic in the cartoon theming of it/them. Cool!

Edited by Nrthwnd

Looks like they went with a ZIERER Flying Fish with individual lapbars, which should give it no minimum height requirement.

The park map I have states it'll have a 95cm height requirement.

Maybe it's a Zamperla then, but the Lapbars look like ZIERER to me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Can they get all this done in one month?

Given Merlin's recent track record of opening anything what so ever on time I'm gonna say no.

I do like this idea of the land though far more than I do Shrek's Adventure in London. They should have themed the wing rider during construction to Toothless though because that would have been amazing!

They should have themed the wing rider during construction to Toothless though because that would have been amazing!

Still hoping for the B&M Flyer themed to toothless over the lake around an artificial island!

Hey I'm allowed to dream, and it's already late.

• 2 weeks later...

Hicks Himmelsturmer (the Zamperla Kite Flyer) will have to operate with a 150cm height requirement due to a manufacturing error. Heide-Park says they're working on a solution but the ride is still set to open on Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Me + friend are visiting Heide in a week (June 4th-5th). Got any tips on how to conquer the park the best way possible? We're staying the night between in Abenteuerhotel so we get the whole Sunday plus half an hour ERT before the park opens, so hitting Colossos and Krake won't be a problem Especially tips on where to eat are very welcome, since eating at a new park is always a gamble. This year they got a new ice cream shop selling Nitrogenie, but I read on coasterfriends that it isn't that good. Anyone got more experience here?

And of course if anyone's there on the same days, PM me so we can meet-up!

In the past we've usually eaten at the Wirtshaus des Admirals cafeteria type place. It's nice, indoor and outdoor seating, lots of choices. Now that they're a Merlin park they have an "All You Can Eat" Pizza and Pasta Buffet which we'd probably do.

One cool bit I found was that if you go on one of the big coasters 15 minutes or so before closing and you're lucky enough that there's only a handful of other people doing the same thing (enough to fill two trains at most) then they'll let you stay in your seat for a few more rides, or let you play musical chairs with the other rows.

That's how I got eight rides on Colossos.

^ Are you talking about pre-Merlin or post-Merlin. Because post-Merlin should mean they'll force you to exit and re-enter because Merlin is horrible.

Anyone been to the Dragon area yet? I'm curious about the boat ride.

^ Are you talking about pre-Merlin or post-Merlin. Because post-Merlin should mean they'll force you to exit and re-enter because Merlin is horrible.

I only visited Heide-Park for the first time last month so...

Edited by cookiex

Actually, Merlin do allow things like this on some days, depending on if the ride op and staff are in a good mood, and how busy the park is. They actually on empty days let you stay on the ride or re enter a short way.

Actually, Merlin do allow things like this on some days, depending on if the ride op and staff are in a good mood, and how busy the park is. They actually on empty days let you stay on the ride or re enter a short way.

This happened to us last year, when we got 2 extra rounds on Mountain-rafting. Staff at Heide Park was overally pretty cool imo.

• 1 month later...

(1001st post on this thread, yes!)

So, going back to when Flug der Dämonen was just finished, the story went a little like this.

Flying demons conjured up by villagers. An error. For since they always need new souls to renew their energy, to become stronger and continue their flight. The villagers sacrifice the souls of visitors to save their own souls.

You'll never be yourself. Are you doomed? Or you can save your soul?

Just an observation. Is this suggesting that you become the demon? That's all!

• 2 weeks later...

From Heide Park's Facebook page.

As you all probably have noticed, our beloved wooden coaster Colossos is out of service due to unexpected repairs since July 28, 2016. After intensive examination, there has been found that the replacement of rail parts is necessary. Since this is a very time consuming process, we regret to inform you that Colossos can not go back into operation this season. Believe us that we regret this very much and that we are working very hard to get Colossos back open for the 2017 season.

Source

From Heide Park's Facebook page.

As you all probably have noticed, our beloved wooden coaster Colossos is out of service due to unexpected repairs since July 28, 2016. After intensive examination, there has been found that the replacement of rail parts is necessary. Since this is a very time consuming process, we regret to inform you that Colossos can not go back into operation this season. Believe us that we regret this very much and that we are working very hard to get Colossos back open for the 2017 season.

Source

Hey, Dollywood, take notes. This is how you shut down a massive attraction and fix it properly.