TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Heide Park Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm planning to visit heide park with a friend this friday, and i've got a few burning questions.

1. Is it worth the 5 hour drive?

2. Can anyone predict how busy it will be? (it's the day after ascension day)

3. Can you also buy your fast pass at the park.

4. what rides must we hit first?

greetings gardyloo!

I'm not sure, but on Friday, It's a bridge day and I think it is like at Europapark that it will be crowded on this day! But you can buy the fastpass there. I recomend you to ride Krake first, then Flug der Dämonen. Krake has a small capacity and the longest line. If Scream is open, ride it in the morning or in the late afternoon!

I hope I could help you, but I don't really know how the crowds are!

I'm not sure, but on Friday, It's a bridge day and I think it is like at Europapark that it will be crowded on this day! But you can buy the fastpass there. I recomend you to ride Krake first, then Flug der Dämonen. Krake has a small capacity and the longest line. If Scream is open, ride it in the morning or in the late afternoon!

I hope I could help you, but I don't really know how the crowds are!

thank you for your help, we decided to postpone the trip and go somewhere in August.

^no problem

But if you go during the public holidays (look here: http://www.schulferien.org/Kalender_mit_Ferien/kalender_2015_ferien_Niedersachsen.html) then I'll recomend you to buy a fast pass, if you are only one day there and the weather is good. On weekdays there can be as much people in the park as on a Saturday! Best day is Sunday during public holiday! Most people leave after 4pm! So we had a 15min wait for Krake on a Sunday at 5pm!! And Scream was a walk-on!

Greetings everyone,

I plan to visit Heide Park for the very first time with my family and I have feeling I could use a help. We are going there on Saturday, so I guess we can expect the park to be crowded. We will also have 3 year old girl with us, which means that our group of 4 adults will have to split and someone will have to wait with her and others will probably go on ride.

The question is, I seriously consider getting the gold or platinum butler and I cannot find one information anywhere. Lets say I buy two platinum butlers. Two of us will go to ride the ride and two will wait. When the first group is done, can those two people pass the butlers on the other, so they can also skip the line? Or is it parsed to specific person all the time? Thanks for help.

here are some on ride pictures of my last rides

Awesome pictures, you got some really good shots. I enjoyed this wing coaster, Love the speed airtime bump after the first drop, It's much better than The Swarm which is the only other one i'v been on. Its a great park, worth the journey just for colossus alone to be honest.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi folks - here is an other funny ride on the Intamin Launch Coaster called "Desert Race".

Max Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62.1 mph) in 2.4 s

Enjoy my video

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

This did not have the log flume song in it as performed by Robb Alvey, so I don't think this can be considered "funny"

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I am making my first ever trip to Heide Park as part of a multi-park German and Dutch holiday. Having never been before, and since I appear to only be going for one day, I was wondering if people had any recommendation of what rides to hit and when (and what not to bother with). I have seen that there are a lot of little rides in the park as well, and I don't really know a lot of them, if there are any that would be recommended to do.

I am travelling on my own during weekdays in August, and so I imagine there are long queues. If there's single rider options to be aware of I will take advantage of them!

Thanks!

Hey all,

I am making my first ever trip to Heide Park as part of a multi-park German and Dutch holiday. Having never been before, and since I appear to only be going for one day, I was wondering if people had any recommendation of what rides to hit and when (and what not to bother with). I have seen that there are a lot of little rides in the park as well, and I don't really know a lot of them, if there are any that would be recommended to do.

I am travelling on my own during weekdays in August, and so I imagine there are long queues. If there's single rider options to be aware of I will take advantage of them!

Thanks!

I was there in May, so it might be a bit different as I expect higher attendance these days. Though as for RollerCoasters, I would start with Krake (that one has low capacity and gets crowded fairly soon). Then I would probably go for deamon as it´s not far from it and is also very popular. Then desert race, colossos. Then Big loop and keep the Limit as last (it was almost empty in the evening, I had express buttler and I couldn´t even use it for it, as there was no que).

From the other rides, Aqua spin was allright, El Sol is also cool, but pretty common, so if you know it, don´t waste your time with it. Definitely go for Scream (I would go there between Krake and Demon). Water attractions are nothing special imo. Bobahn is also fine, if you have some extra time, go for it. Octi and Magic are nice relaxing flat rides bscly for everyone, I would say.

personally, I wouldn´t go there without the express buttler, especially for one day. It costs extra bucks, but it pays off, as you get opportunity to experience much much more. the gold buttler is good enough, but if you can afford platinum, it would be probably better as I expect the park to be rly crowded these days.

Hey all,

Thanks!

I was there in May, so it might be a bit different as I expect higher attendance these days. Though as for RollerCoasters, I would start with Krake (that one has low capacity and gets crowded fairly soon). Then I would probably go for deamon as it´s not far from it and is also very popular. Then desert race, colossos. Then Big loop and keep the Limit as last (it was almost empty in the evening, I had express buttler and I couldn´t even use it for it, as there was no que).

From the other rides, Aqua spin was allright, El Sol is also cool, but pretty common, so if you know it, don´t waste your time with it. Definitely go for Scream (I would go there between Krake and Demon). Water attractions are nothing special imo. Bobahn is also fine, if you have some extra time, go for it. Octi and Magic are nice relaxing flat rides bscly for everyone, I would say.

personally, I wouldn´t go there without the express buttler, especially for one day. It costs extra bucks, but it pays off, as you get opportunity to experience much much more. the gold buttler is good enough, but if you can afford platinum, it would be probably better as I expect the park to be rly crowded these days.

Thank you for the advice. Since you've posted this I've taken your advice and bought my day-ticket for August and an Express Butler for that day. I'm not massively interested in the flat-rides (other than Scream), and so I probably will go on the water rides as I always love a log-flume, however lame they are

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm planning to get to Heide Park in the next months, trying to tackle my fear of coasters there. I've been there several times but have not ridden any coasters besides Big Loop (and the Bobbahn, if that counts). I would really, really LOVE to try Flug der Dämonen - it really looks like it gives you the feeling of flying, judging from the POVs I've seen. However, I try to mentally prepare me for that by watching the POVs available and I can imagine myself sitting at the right side on the inside at the front row, but not in any other row as it seems you cannot see (and predict) the track from anywhere else (and the left side seems to feel more "free" since you go to the left and have no track in that direction). This might sound really silly and stupid to you pros, but I'm trying to overcome my fear of heights and thus mentally preparing seems important to me. So, my question: can you chose where you'd like to sit on the Flug der Dämonen? And does it really give the impression of flying? Do you have any recommendations for a first time rider to make it a fun experience?

On my bucket list are Krake and Deser Race as well. Which one would you recommend to do first for someone who's afraid of heights (and a bit prone to motion sickness, apparently)?

If compared to Big Loop, are Krake, Desert Race and Flug der Dämonen running more smoothly? I had a really negative experience on Big Loop several years ago (discovering my fear of heights on the lift hill (bad timing ) and hurting my head during the ride) and would refrain from coasters equally rough since it just felt so uncomfortable. I really hope I can learn to enjoy riding coasters as much as I love to read about them, so I'd try anything to make me lose my fear.

Hey all, I'm planning to get to Heide Park in the next months, trying to tackle my fear of coasters there. I've been there several times but have not ridden any coasters besides Big Loop (and the Bobbahn, if that counts). I would really, really LOVE to try Flug der Dämonen - it really looks like it gives you the feeling of flying, judging from the POVs I've seen. However, I try to mentally prepare me for that by watching the POVs available and I can imagine myself sitting at the right side on the inside at the front row, but not in any other row as it seems you cannot see (and predict) the track from anywhere else (and the left side seems to feel more "free" since you go to the left and have no track in that direction). This might sound really silly and stupid to you pros, but I'm trying to overcome my fear of heights and thus mentally preparing seems important to me. So, my question: can you chose where you'd like to sit on the Flug der Dämonen? And does it really give the impression of flying? Do you have any recommendations for a first time rider to make it a fun experience?

On my bucket list are Krake and Deser Race as well. Which one would you recommend to do first for someone who's afraid of heights (and a bit prone to motion sickness, apparently)?

If compared to Big Loop, are Krake, Desert Race and Flug der Dämonen running more smoothly? I had a really negative experience on Big Loop several years ago (discovering my fear of heights on the lift hill (bad timing ) and hurting my head during the ride) and would refrain from coasters equally rough since it just felt so uncomfortable. I really hope I can learn to enjoy riding coasters as much as I love to read about them, so I'd try anything to make me lose my fear.

Flug der Dämomen is very smooth (especially in the front), and certainly gives you a feeling of flying. It's just a 'fun' ride and certainly not too intense, in my opinion – and I think most here would agree! The same goes for Krake. There is of course the psychological aspect of the lift hill and holding brake before the first drop, but the ride is butter smooth and very short, so it should be a great 'first' coaster as well. I really, really wouldn't worry about it!

Desert Race is the most intense of the three, in my opinion, but it never goes over 19 m., so that's maybe a point for you to consider if you don't like heights. The launch is quite intense, but so short you probably won't have time to fear anything.

Seriously, it sounds like you're interested in coasters and want to ride them. So just do it. Your 'fears' aren't unnormal, see them as part of the fun! I suspect all that you need is one ride on a good coaster, and you'll be good to go for the rest. I'm actually fairly sure.

(Also, when you're there and have done your first rides, don't miss out on a backseat ride on Colossos, that is by far the best ride in the park in my opinion!!!)

Thank you for your opinion! That really encourages me to not to overthink it and give it a try. Of all coasters I've seen so far, Flug der Dämonen is the one that screams "ride me" the most. It just looks so awesome that I'd be disappointed in myself if I'd give it a pass when I'm there. I'm a bit afraid of the floorless seat, but I guess if I just try to imagine flying (instead of thinking "omgomg its high!"), maybe it will work. I hope so much that this

I suspect all that you need is one ride on a good coaster, and you'll be good to go for the rest. I'm actually fairly sure.

indeed is the case. I thought so last time I tried it, but Big Loop was just too much for me and I did not like the corkscrews, I just wanted the ride to end. I'm really curious if riding a smoother coaster will do the trick. However, I will keep your words in mind, this will be my mantra on the lifthill and if I would indeed discover that I don't like it - at least I will know for sure then. Thank you!