TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Heide Park Discussion Thread

Ladies and Gentlemen,

here is it, the very first complete Onride-Video of the first Wing Coaster in Germany "Flug der Dämonen" (Flight of the Demons) with Front- & Rear Footages and Offride at the end.

It has been recorded just a few minutes ago during the first Pre-Opening day. Enjoy watching and greetings from the Park!

Edited by PARALAX

Ladies and Gentlemen,

here is it, the very first complete Onride-Video of the first Wing Coaster in Germany "Flug der Dämonen" (Flight of the Demons) with Front- & Rear Footages and Offride at the end.

It has been recorded just a few minutes ago during the first Pre-Opening day. Enjoy watching and greetings from the Park!

Thanks for sharing! The ride looks great.

I find it interesting that B&M have not gone with drive tyres at the start of the lift for this one. If I'm not mistaken, apart from the new dive machines, they've only done that with nemesis inferno and hydra which hit the lift pretty fast unlike this one.

Speaking of tyres, I wonder why they put those on the brake run which has a clear downwards slope given that they're only necessary when the track is levelled or for transfer tracks, which isn't the case either.

Around mid April (in a weekend) will go to visit the park to test out Flug der Dämonen, and I wondered: what would the queue's at the park be like? Can anybody tell me what the queue's are normally like around mid april?

Very exited to ride my first winged coaster after all this time.

Great videos!

By the way, how do these vekoma loop screws (like big loop) usually compare to arrow's in terms of comfort? I think they look more fluid and seem to have a better pacing but I've never tried one and only been on one of the arrows.

• 2 months later...

Question about Colossos.

The ride is stated to be 60m tall with a 48.5m drop. With that being said, there should be a 11.5m distance between the ground and rails.

However, as you can see. That is not the case. Even taking the pre-drop into consideration, the 11.5m figure still seems far-fetched. Does anyone know more about this?

Stengel stats on Colossos:

projekt-nr. 9903

area: 350 x 2000 m

ride height: 51.80 m / 170 ft

(lowest to highest point)

lift height: 50 m / 164 ft

lift length: 96 m

lift angle: 35°

drop height: 48.5 m / 159 ft

drop length: 75 m

drop angle: 61°

length: 1344 m / 4410 ft

top speed: 110.7 kph

first drop: 28.8 kph to 110.7 kph in 3.9 s

(8.6 m/s² - 0.87 G)

positive G-force: 4.3 G

track width: 1.15 m

The height of Colossos have long been a discussed subject in the coaster world, but the stats that BDG posted are the correct ones.

^Then RCDB is wrong as they do say 60m.

RCDB is often wrong, if they don't have the stats of a coaster, then they post what the park claims. The site still claims that Speed Monster at Tusenfryd is 40 meters tall, when it really "only" is 31 meter tall, simply because the par claims on their website that the ride is 40m.

Same thing with Colossos.

^Well it might provide some hangtime and I'm sure they knew what they were doing but, honestly, to me it just looks like they miscalculated the top speed and everything is slower than it should (even compared to other wing coasters)