TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Heide Park Discussion Thread

^Intamins with B&M trains? (without the tightening)

Intamin had to modify SkyRush's lap bar because riders slip back at the 50 degrees lift hill and leave a gap between the restrain and rider's lap. On a ride with extreme ejector air, SkyRush's lap bar definitely need to automatically tighten for safety so it is only an exception.

• 1 month later...

Heide-Park offers a Pre-Opening package for their new wing coaster valid from March 21st to 26th. It includes Dinner, Evening-Show, Breakfast, multiple "test flights" and behind-the-scenes tour of the new coaster. Cost is €69 for 2 or 1 visitors/room or €49 for 3 or more visitors/room.

Edit: Booked - now pray for dry weather...

I'll assume it will run a little faster (and probably a little rougher) in the end, but that's about what I expected. I may say that the coaster looks glorious in its pictures, especially with a train on the tracks, but it just doesn't move that well. That said, the first drop into an airtime hill definitely looks like a success and, following Shambhala's speed hill, a step in the right direction for B&M.

As for Heide Park, I would really say that this is a quality addition to their already impressive lineup!

• 4 weeks later...
^Intamins with B&M trains? (without the tightening)

Intamin had to modify SkyRush's lap bar because riders slip back at the 50 degrees lift hill and leave a gap between the restrain and rider's lap. On a ride with extreme ejector air, SkyRush's lap bar definitely need to automatically tighten for safety so it is only an exception.

Wait they fixed it??? I thought they just gave it softer foam..

I think there were two spots in the video, I was certain were "the end"

of the ride's cycle. But not to be! Totally surprised by that. A much longer

ride than I expected.

Good use of space, Heide Park!

Looks like a really solid ride, and it should speed up a bit with some riders. I'm just glad to see a wing rider that looks like it actually has forces (just the airtime hill and bottom of the knot, but still).

I do think it will speed up now that I've seen a video where the camera is facing this guy and where you can sort of tell that it is going faster than in the official POV.