TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Heide Park Discussion Thread

^ They finished that part up today:

The end.

The over 90 degree turn into the brakes. Looks like a great experience.

So this is completely attached to each other.

Working on the footers.

Big hole in the middle of the floor? Glass?

Source.Seems to have a good speed in construction, it must be around 50% done already.

^LOL, wow, you're really going out on a limb there saying that this will be in the top 5 of 7 total rides in the world!

Nobody can agree with opinions, just to be realistic.

What are you talking about??? Of course people can agree or disagree with someones opinion!!! I'm just saying your post was completely useless and served no purpose in furthering discussion. It did however lead to some laughs from our members so I guess I'll take it!

^Yes, imagine a world where everybody's opinion is absolutely correct . . . oh, wait--that would be the Internet. Never mind.

Now I can say, without fear of contradiction, that Gatekeeper and Wild Eagle are the two best Wing coasters I've ever ridden. That is one opinion that cannot be disputed.

^LOL, wow, you're really going out on a limb there saying that this will be in the top 5 of 7 total rides in the world!

Nobody can agree with opinions, just to be realistic.

Any other votes for "Dumbest thing ever posted on TPR?"

--Robb "That's my opinion, just to be realistic." Alvey*

* I don't even know what the FU*K that means!!! lol

^Yes, imagine a world where everybody's opinion is absolutely correct . . . oh, wait--that would be the Internet. Never mind.

Yup, and North Korea Not something political but don't tell their leader, I don't wanna get killed.

You're walking on thin ice now...

Who decides on these colors, like seriously? Merlin apparently has a strong distaste for color.

Anywho, this thing is being built at lightning speed. Must be a lot of theming / interior involved with the ride if they are throwing it up this soon.

Who decides on these colors, like seriously? Merlin apparently has a strong distaste for color.

Anywho, this thing is being built at lightning speed. Must be a lot of theming / interior involved with the ride if they are throwing it up this soon.

It has nothing to do with Merlin and more to do with Heide Park, the history of the park, and the area in which the ride is located in. Please do your research before you post dumb stuff.

^ The park is still open but the construction updates are dropping now with the holiday's over here in Europe.

This one is from 2 day's ago. I want to point out there hasn't been that much of vertical construction these days:

They poured the shop floor, still with the big hole.

A lot of groundwork done here.

Zero new track. Roofing of the station has started.

Close up of the roof.

Still a lot of work on the footers.

Station surrounded by scaffolding.

Beginning on the roofing.

The old station of the Log flume is still not completely re-roofed.

Supports are laying in wait.

Source.

These are more recent (Yesterday)

The floor is hard already.

Some support work done.

Some pieces for the winged over drop.

And today:

Support piece going up in the air and a support piece on the ground.

Support pieces gone and track piece in the air.

Source.

I'm really looking forward to this ride, I wasn't expecting Heide Park to build anything of this scale. I've never been on a wing rider, but if I could ride one, it would be this.

Also, stupid question I know, but has the name for this ride been revealed? Did I miss it?

I have found an other update.

Some inspections.

An other support on it's place, to become the highest support of the ride.

The connected zero G roll in the background. Also some new support.

A lift hill piece. The next step is likely to finish the first drop and the lift hill.

Keep B&M's nice and clean.

Catwalks lying and waiting.

The first drop so far.

Highest support is now done.

For more pictures and source click here. If they keep it up they will finish track work on the ride before the end of the 2013 season. It will be nice to be able to look at those pictures.