TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Heide Park Discussion Thread

But european coasters normally can't compete with american ones, can they?

Oh dear...

Yes...it`s true...the huge Dive machines are oversea...

BUT : If you look at Expedition Geforce, Goliath (Walibi), Shambala, Colossos, Silverstar, Katun, ISpeed, Lisebergbanan, Dragon Khan, Heide Bobsled, Colorado Adventure, Heisse Fahrt and so on...why do I have to read it over and over again that the huge ones are all oversea ? The truth is that in MANY coaster categorys we have a some impressive and REALLY good ones

Honestly...Europe isn`t that huge, but has so many excellent coasters...I think we really shouldn`t complain at all !

Greeds...GeorgeT

That sentense is just plain wrong.

It`s was wrong three month ago...and it`s wrong now. And you know that.

Greeds...GeorgeT

WTH did you just repeat the same post you made yesterday???

That sentense is just plain wrong.

It`s was wrong three month ago...and it`s wrong now. And you know that.

Greeds...GeorgeT

Alzheimer coming early?

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Heide Park for the first time on Thursday - I loved it! The whole park was really pretty; probably the best-looking park I've ever seen (I haven't been to BGW in 10 years, though). Krake, Colossos and Scream were definitely the best rides in the park. I don't care how short or 'forceless' Krake may be - pretty much every moment of it is fun. Maybe I'm biased because it's the only Dive Machine I've been on. Scream had some really beautiful views of the surrounding area. Colossos was lots of fun too, sort of like an El Toro Lite with its speed and negative G's. If it wasn't for all the disgusting smokers, I'd say it's one of my favorite parks.

Also, I don't know if anyone has posted these photos for the 2014 Mystery Attraction, but it looks like they've cleared some dirt near the "Es ist gross, es ist schnell..." poster. Here are a few pics I took:

tpr1.thumb.jpg.2ce5e6daa8fd6c7549e8c84bda75c6b1.jpg

The announcement we all know and love (to debate about).

tpr2.thumb.jpg.f6c7af3cea714e7e63e31439bb6144b7.jpg

Here's some dirt just to the right of the sign in the Transylvania section.

tpr3.thumb.jpg.3c97c93cbc2c678ac43161006dd79814.jpg

View of the dirt from Bobbahn. Interesting that the trees were preserved. Maybe this isn't for the ride?

• 5 weeks later...

Heide Park has sent us several press releases regarding the latest happenings at the park.

Please forgive the rough translations, but these press releases were sent in German.

Holiday Special for students at Heide Park Resort

Before the last risers again their backpacks from the corner to rummage mums again must lubricate school breads, sweetened northern Germany's biggest family and leisure park all student / inside once the holidays end with the "One Euro per year of life" campaign.

Soltau, Lower Saxony. Of 26 August to 12 September the kids and teens in the truest sense of the word come again properly at their expense. All 4 - to 17-year pay during the last German holiday weeks for each year only one euro to experience the great adventure fun at Heide Park Resort. Shall pay a 5-year-old child just 5 euros instead of the usual 29 euros and all the 12-year-olds only 12 euros instead of 39 euros for the true thrill of living in Germany unique horrors KRAKE! try out. For children younger than 4 years, entry is free as usual.

And while the end to take a vacation, let the next no longer so long in coming, just as another Heidepark highlight: Halloween Nights will in time for the autumn holidays in Lower Saxony on 21, 22, 28, 29 and 31 October at Heide Park in Soltau Resort instead.

For more information on http://www.heide-park.de.

att170b.jpg.35ae91d2f9bad88fc53ac9e76fc5a801.jpg

Adventure Life uses "after the world record! Construction of the largest chain reaction in the world of 29-30. September 2012 in Heide Park Resort with live act Marquess

Soltau 30th, August 2012. "Adventure Life" is taking up a new challenge spectacular: The kabel eins science magazine builds the biggest chain reaction in the world! On 29-30 September 2012 Craft beginners and professional inventors are in the Heide Park in Soltau Resort invited to the team to actively assist in the hunt for records. For musical motivation make the Hanoverian chart topper Marquess. "Adventure Life" shows the world record attempt in a special broadcast on 14 October at 22.15 clock on kabel eins. His first entry in the book GUINNESS WORLD RECORDSTM secured "life adventure" 2011 with the longest sand castle in the world.

If unleash bursting water balloons spectacular fireworks and trigger rolling tires flower rain, then provides "life adventure" the biggest chain reaction in the world on its feet. At least 50 chain reactions with at least 15 stations have successively run smoothly, only then is the world record broken. And: In the end, the chain reaction in a day of action open. Example: A ball is dropped on a remote control and switches to a TV.

Anyone can participate, "life adventure" looking forward to creative support from the audience. Live on location at Heide Park in Soltau Resort is on 29 September 2012 (in bad weather: September 30, 2012) of the knowledge magazine audience and guests of the Heide Park Resort invited to build their own chain reactions and to be part of the world record. Will moderate the large kabel eins event by Kathy Weber and Christian Mürau. All other information or http://www.heide-park.de/weltrekordversuch2012 http://www.weltrekord.kabeleins.de.

"Adventure Life" shows the world record attempt in a special broadcast on 14 October at 22.15 clock on kabel eins.

• 1 month later...

I just read an interesting German article with Andreas Wild, the head of the Werner Stengel firm.

On the question of their most challenging project he, to my surprise, answered Colossos in Heide park.

It was new technique, some patents involved, a huge volume of wood that needed to be calculated for and a time limit that would suit a regular coaster, and not the huge monster that is Colossos. There was over 1000 different blueprints for the ride before construction could start.

Just thought it was interesting and wanted to share it.

• 1 month later...

Heide Park has sent us a press release (which we have roughly translated) regarding their Christmas offerings at the park.

The Heide Park Resort under the Christmas tree

"Christmas is coming," says the Advent season and the Heide Park Resort. At the Christmas market on the homepage, there are surprisingly www.heide-park.de/weihnachtsmarkt other gift ideas for the upcoming holiday season and the winter specials charge the pirates into the Port Royal.

Every year during the Advent season, the search for the perfect Christmas presents for relatives and friends. An alternative to the usual courtesies such as socks, ties or perfume has to offer the Christmas market on the website of the Heide Park Resort. Among www.heide-park.de/weihnachtsmarkt from 01 Available in December 2012 a special experience. Offered both Event Tickets for the 2013 season as well as vouchers for Port Royal and Holiday Camp and the Merlin Annual Pass. And all this at special Christmas prices. For example, a daily ticket for adults costs instead of the usual € 39.50 only € 32.00 and Schenker makes a hero under the Christmas tree.

Erlebnisreich Things go down in the Hotel Port Royal: The cozy Christmas brunch, every Sunday until the 23rd December 2012 from 11.30 to 14.00 clock to provide Christmas treats for culinary delights, all things pirate enjoy together. In addition, the newly created winter miles loads directly at the hotel in a magical atmosphere between mulled wine stalls and curling to stroll. One night in a real pirate cabin, including generous breakfast buffet completes the Christmas experience offer in pirate base.

Info box:

The winter brunch costs EUR 21.90 per person. One night in a pirate cabin including breakfast is 49 Euro per person in a single room available (only valid in December). For more information and bookings www.heide-park.de.

• 3 months later...

Heide Park sent us a press release regarding the upcoming debut of Madagascar Live!

This March the Heide Park Resort, Northern Germany's biggest family and leisure park, in the 2013 season. With outside temperatures in winter the guests visiting the new show was "Madagascar Live!" Fired up the big top. "KIKA LIVE" host and singer Ben opened the show: "I have the Heide Park Resort visited as a child. When the first "Madagascar Live!" Show while his was a very special experience. We saw a thrilling show with great music, laser effects and circus performers. Alex the lion and his friends care with a passion for their circus for glowing eyes in adults and children. "

The show is produced by Ingo Reichstein, which is used as an entertainment manager responsible for all the shows of the Heide Park Resort. "With" Madagascar Live! "We bring a very special circus in the park and the cinema hero in Germany for the first time on stage. The production was a great challenge and I'm sure the family show "complements our offering very good, so Reichstein. Immediately after the first show on Saturday was the queue for the next show already long and filled the tent back up to the last seat. Following were Alex, the penguins and the lady hippo Gloria in bright sunshine popular photo opportunities. "Madagascar Live!" Will be performed up to three times daily, in the circus tent are 500 spectators.

Visitors will experience the 2013 season more than 50 attractions and shows. Including Europe's tallest and fastest wooden roller coaster and Colossos OCTOPUS, Germany's first dive coaster. The two accommodation complete the common adventure holiday: The Holiday Camp offers 81 colorful wooden houses in the Caribbean surfers flair. The Port Royal Hotel offers 166 themed rooms in pirate style and is the pirate base of the resort, with direct access parking.

22410708_Ben_eroffnet_MadagascarLIVE.thumb.jpg.c714cb5ccb92492e4c60a3f8b503017d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I recently noticed on the POV posted by Robb on Youtube that Colossos seems to have what appear to be trim brakes on the first, second and third drops of the ride. Can anyone who's ridden Colossos recently confirm wether or not they make an actual difference to the ride quality or if they're unnoticeable like the ones on Skyrush?

• 1 month later...

This footer pretty much confirms that it's a B&M coaster Heide Park is building for 2014.

The question is Flyer or Wing Rider?

Everybody who claims to have a source says Wing Rider.

And some more pictures:

Source

Hopefully when this thing is finished they can tear down that horrible Big Loop coaster and use the space for something more useful, flowers as an example.

Looking at the station footer I guess we going to have a B&M Wing Rider here. It has only 1 line of footers, which makes me think the track isn't inverted within the station area. Since B&M Flyers have inverted station track this is more likely to be a Wing Rider.

I do think it was better if it was a flying because we only have one here in Europe and that one is in England. O well still looking forward to it.

I do think it was better if it was a flying because we only have one here in Europe and that one is in England.

This is exactly how I feel to.

Still I am very thankful to be getting a Wing Rider so close to home.

Oh! I had almost forgotten about this multi-year project. Yeah I thought we decided last year that it was going to be a wing rider. Especially with Merlin involved! Not a fan of that type of ride, but it looks like they'll at least do a good job with fly throughs and theming.

First supports of the 2014 roller coaster are on site.

Wait are those?

Yes they are B&M supports.

Nice dark green B&M supports.

update track:

White track and dark green support? Wait I've seen this before.

1 more picture.

I definitely have seen this combination before like 3 times close by it.

Source and more pictures.

This confirms the rumors of a B&M and I'm still saying it's a Wingrider.

Edited by RCT3Bross