TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A question for anyone who works at magic mountain

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"sigh" OK

Dude its a easy fun job just do the best you can and be nice to the guest dont end up on a sfmm update as a "LAZY WORKER".Just try to listen to your lead and be safe.Remember if you have any questions just ask any of us coaster nerds that work there.

I would be more then happy to anwser any of your questions.Im sure jahan would be to(I think).

When you start working just tell me what ride you work at then we can meet up and talk about how awsome robb is.

chris-o

I would be more then happy to anwser any of your questions.Im sure jahan would be to(I think).

No. Never. Not in your wildest dreams would I consider answering any of your questions.

Oh, alright...ask away.

Firstly, if your just doing your processing now, you still got a bit to go. ::P

When I first started I asked whats the best way to get to a big ride (you obviously will start out at a smaller ride). The lead told me "Do what your lead tells you, without complaining!" Follow that advice. Unfortunately, its a work environment where doing what your told borders "kissing ass", but I say hell with it, go ahead. You do NOT want to end up in a "A Bad Night at SFMM" TR...thats for sure!

Working at SFMM will be the biggest pain in the ass and the most fun you'll have all summer.

Mike could definitely answer your questions...your practically in his shoes. Well...the shoes he wore last month.

-Jahan

I heard on the news on Thursday that it's suppose to reach 105 degrees in Valencia this Saturday!

What do you guys do to fight that heat?! Dang!!!

Well, they'll be fighting slightly more extreme heat, but when I worked at Supreme Scream at Knott's (no shade for the ops unless you're at the dispatch room), I'd keep myself plenty hydrated by drinking a LOT of water. I'm talking about a LOT. Once summer got sizzling, I'd drink half a gallon of water a day at least, and some days, I'd get up to 3/4 of a gallon of water. We'd fill up on the 32 oz cups of ice water at the employee lunch room and bring them back. Come next break, it was another refill.

So yeah, hope that little part helps. Kinda common sense, but I just wanted to talk about how much water we drank.

If you ever get transferred to Tatsu....

DO NOT forget the leg flaps, even if you have worked for 14 hours already on media day working with guests on the ride for the first time, working with drunken movie and music stars who dont listen, are being rushed, havent had a break in 3 hours, have been stuck in position for 3 hours, because they will cut you no slack. I miss that job so much. I still can't believe I of all people screwed up.

oh well....

DO NOT forget the leg flaps, even if you have worked for 14 hours already on media day working with guests on the ride for the first time, working with drunken movie and music stars who dont listen, are being rushed, havent had a break in 3 hours, have been stuck in position for 3 hours, because they will cut you no slack. I miss that job so much. I still can't believe I of all people screwed up.

oh well....

i never see anyone checking the leg flaps though.

So far I have a real love/hate relationship with working there. Which is probably like most jobs. I really do like interacting with guests and I like hanging with my crew. But today, it was about 105 degrees, my ride vallied while I was the only one there, I had to call security, and had to clean up some spills which occrured in Balloons today. But, we test rode all the kiddy rides in Bugs Bunny World. The entire crew took a ride on the bus, its just stuff like that which makes working there really fun. I haven't had any problems with supervisors and they all seem to be observing our area very closley.

_six

oh well....

That sounds about right for SFMM. Thank goodness some theme parks have unions that won't allow that crap. Some theme parks also give their employees free bottled water when it's hot. (you still haven't called Jahan...sucks for you )

The lead told me "Do what your lead tells you, without complaining!" Follow that advice.

That's assuming the leads know WTF they are doing. Or are real leaders for that matter. But good luck anyways...although that is probably the best advice, since SFMM is worse than high school when it comes to drama and politics.

I had some really really horriblke leads that would sit in the break room all day. So just do what you would want a ride operator to do. Most enthusiasts thrive while working at a theme park because they love being around the rides and such, have a good time, and if your leads not an idiot listen to them, well listen to them anyway so they dont write you up that would be lame. Everyone I worked with save a few outliers were friendly and fun to be around. Guests are fine for the most part as long as your not a dick, but when it gets hot they do become a little irritable.

Yea, definitely BYOW...bring your own water.

They dont follow this silly little law which requires a source of water to be provided. They provide you with ice. Now ice is nice and cool and is also H20, but it isn't refreshing, renourishing, and helpful the way good ole' water is. So bring your own water.

Joey's unfortunately right about the drama, but I have always been one to avoid it and continue to be. Exept Laura wont stop bugging me for "talking to werid people", but whatever. So if you are one to avoid drama, you should be good.

-Jahan

have water fights!!!!!

lol

no we just eat alot of ice.

They do that at the Kalahari in the Dells (indoors in WINTER). It gets really hot on the waterslide platforms because they keep it so hot and humid in the waterpark.