TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild Thing at Valleyfair operational again?

I have a few weekends still free this year and was thinking about knocking one of the midwest parks out. If Valleyfair got Wild Thing reopened, I'll try to hit that park, otherwise I'll look at Worlds of Fun or some other place to go. The website mentions nothing about Wild Thing being closed, only that the Screaming Swing is down. Any locals know more about the status of Wild Thing?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wild Thing has been operational every day since about June 15. I drive within sight of Wild Thing's lift hill every day, and have seen trains going over it every day. It's running fairly well, as it goes. Much better ride later in the day, though.

As for Xtreme Swing, it has been operational every day I've been out there, but only Opening Day and last Friday have both sides been operational. One side has always been running.

And you can come see the markings for whatever it is VF is putting in for next year. Probably Bench: The Ride Redux or the World's Largest Pepsi Machine.

Paul "I'm thirsty" Miller