TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

The funny thing about the "Ice Queen" is back when i first saw her i thought she looked like some suit who wasn't going to give a crap, of course i didn't say anything at the time to not get flamed and give her a chance.

I'm not sure if you ever saw the previous president - Jay Thomas interact with his guests. He always had a smile on his face and always said hello. More often than not, it was a lot more than just hello. He liked the G.P. IMO the same cannot be said about Bonnie. I do miss Jay not being there.

Here's the thing...While I most definitely agree a park president should be out and about engaging employees and guests...they are responsible for the business operation of the entire park. It's a lot easier said than done for someone running a park as big as SFMM to just spend a day out in the park engaging guests. They have to be behind the scenes a lot of the time, and when in the park they are usually there for a specific purpose and short on time.

Jay Thomas was great to guests, but look what happened to the business. The family friendly thing was a total bust (unfortunately).

^While it was a bust, you did get the sense that the park was heading in the right direction. Theming, and effort. It was no Disney because lets face it Six Flags won't ever be Disney but it felt like an enjoyable park to go to. Now I feel like it's just heading back down the wrong path. However that's just my opinion.

-Cookie

Thank you for that. I can't wait to know the final stats, so if anyone finally knows them please post them.

I plan on going before the end of july with my VIP passes with or without my friend. I've been trying to get him to go before Deja Vu was even removed but whatever. I'll very likely be going july 27th or july 28th and since the VIP passes include backstage tour I can easily just write down questions people want answered. I'm already going to ask how tall the drop actually is, how fast it cand/will go, etc.

^While it was a bust, you did get the sense that the park was heading in the right direction. Theming, and effort. It was no Disney because lets face it Six Flags won't ever be Disney but it felt like an enjoyable park to go to. Now I feel like it's just heading back down the wrong path. However that's just my opinion.

-Cookie

It certainly felt that way after this year's WCB. However I haven't heard many reports from the park, pro or con, so far this spring/summer. Other than the Green Lantern thing, has anyone had good or bad days there? I haven't been back since WCB.

Well, the park does have its good and bad days. Operations have been pretty good (especially on X2 and Goliath!) on everything except Tatsu and Batman. The park seems to be managed relatively well and the rides are still being maintained, but small details, such as the X2 music, seem to be losing importance to the management. It is almost starting to feel as if the park is running only to make money and it doesn't seem like the park is doing much to go "above and beyond". It seems like they are doing whatever they can do to get by, and not much more. It definitely doesn't have the "welcoming" feeling it had when Jay was Park President. He just gave the park more spirit and made it look good! I am not seeing that from Bonnie. For example, theming is becoming more minimal and not as maintained, and old signs (such as Shakes & Fries at 'What the Fried?'). As a regular park visitor, I have seen the changes in the park in these past few years.

One of my biggest disappointments in the last few years was when Riddlers was left with one train. Now, the station is full no matter what. But unlike a normal station, this station takes at least 15 min to get through when full. It's kind of a burn having one of the parks largest coasters run only one train!!!

I talked to the director and he said a few things that may, or may not be new.

- The ride will definitely run with Superman roaring up the track.

- Flash Pass will work for Lex Luthor.

- The ride will have a single riders line.

- The cars have been dropping around 80mph in the testing phase rather than the 85mph that is being advertised.

- He also reaffirmed that the actual drop is 400ft.

- I asked him if he knew the specific reason why the ride was delayed and all he gave me was, "we just needed more time to test it."

- For anyone that recently bought their season pass (such as myself), you should get an email at some point this week to schedule a ride time between July 9th - 13th.

Here is some footage I got:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20qWP8khF8A

Edited by SeattleJosh

^It is running two trains right now.

Heading down to the park again tomorrow for another Lex update.

My b. Someone definitely told me that the park sent a train to Green Lantern, and now only had one train. Last few times I went, the ride was only running one train as well. My poor mistake-_____-

Do you know why the park runs one train more frequently? I went on days when Riddlers would have one train going and quite a wait, while Scream was walk on with two trains.

I talked to the director and he said a few things that may, or may not be new.

- Flash Pass will work for Lex Luthor.

- The ride will have a single riders line.

- The cars have been dropping around 80mph in the testing phase rather than the 85mph that is being advertised.

- He also reaffirmed that the actual drop is 400ft.

- I asked him if he knew the specific reason why the ride was delayed and all he gave me was, "we just needed more time to test it."

- For anyone that recently bought their season pass (such as myself), you should get an email to schedule a ride time between July 9th - 13th.

Here is some footage I got:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20qWP8khF8A

That drop looks INCREDIBLE!!! Can't wait to ride it!

^It is running two trains right now.

Heading down to the park again tomorrow for another Lex update.

My b. Someone definitely told me that the park sent a train to Green Lantern, and now only had one train. Last few times I went, the ride was only running one train as well. My poor mistake-_____-

Do you know why the park runs one train more frequently? I went on days when Riddlers would have one train going and quite a wait, while Scream was walk on with two trains.

It had 3 trains. One was sent away. They ran one train while they rehabbed the other for what seemed like forever, etc.

I was there today and only saw LL:DOD do one full drop test while for the rest of the day, they were just pulling the gondolas up and down the tower. They also tested Superman a few times during the afternoon as well. As I was leaving after park closing time, I noticed they replaced the old blinking red light bulbs on the tower with some new brighter red LED-type lights instead. Just a tiny detail, but it seems to give the tower a more modern look during night time now.

Tower of Terror/Giant Drop do that...It's an awesome feeling when the whole tower shakes as the TOT car shoots up.

Does anyone know if both carriages are connected and must rise at the same time?

They won't be....Not like a spaceshot etc.

At Dreamworld they often just run one side of the tower in off peak periods.

I had a nightmare last night about seeing a announcement that the drop ride wouldn't be open until July 18th. Not sure why that scared me since I plan on going after it opens and likely at the end of July. But seeing as they are testing now, hopefully it will open sooner then the 18th.

Also it looks full of pant pissing .

If both sides are running, though, they are pulled up at the same time. Just like any other Intamin tower out there.

Seems like that would be a way to unnecessarily decrease capacity, though.

So are both sides dispatched at the same time only or can they each be dispatched by themselves? I'm thinking the two sides are independent of each other.

It was confirmed by someone earlier that both sides rise (including leaving the station) at the same time, but drop independently.

So are both sides dispatched at the same time only or can they each be dispatched by themselves? I'm thinking the two sides are independent of each other.

It was confirmed by someone earlier that both sides rise (including leaving the station) at the same time, but drop independently.

Park said it at WCB.

IDK who else has read the latest update on The Coaster Guy, but the park has made some modifications to the gondolas, mainly an overhead piece that looks pretty cool. The rest of the update also sheds some more light on what the park's been doing with this extra week... And ACE members will be doing the first rides starting at 5AM on Media Day so that it will be ready. Maybe SFMM has the mindset of, "well, if anything happens, it's ACE members and not TPR members?"