TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

It's about 5 minute dispatches. That's approx. 350 people per hour. Really slow (That is assuming 26 of the 28 seats are being used).

I have a hard time believing that X2 operates at 350 riders people hour. I remebering hearing in an interview with Jay Thomas back when the ride opened, that capacity would be at 1300+. Plus I don't think you are accounting for multiple trains. When I was at the park this last weekend, dispatches were nowhere near five minutes, and that's running two trains. SFMM has bad operations, but not that bad.

Yes, this is 1 train operation. Assuming 2 minute dispatches and all 28 seats being filled, that is still only 840 people/hour. I am going to guess that there are usually an average of 2 minutes 15 seconds dispatches and an average of 26 of the 28 seats are being filled. That capacity is just short of 700 people/hour.

Hi Guys,

I've only been to SFMM twice and both times were over 5 years ago. I am planning on going next Wed (the Wed after Memorial Day wkd). What should I expect for a crowd that day? I am assuming kids are still in school until June and most families will go over the weekend and maybe stretch out their visit unitl Tues and Weds will be light attendance.

I want to know if I should plan on getting the Platinum Flash Pass (not worried about the cost but don't want to "waste" money if I don't have to). I've heard that when the park is light on attendance they run fewer trains and therefore there will still be some long lines.

Any other tips from some veteran's would be appreciated. I read the last 10 pages of this thread but if there is a section that has better info, please direct me there and I will check it out.

Thanks so much.

SFMM should not be crowded on Wednesday as most schools are still in but a few school are already out. The only problem I see is that the park will be cheap and run one train on most coasters. Its hard to say but if I were to take an estimate id say the longest line you would have to wait in would be about 20 to 30 minutes. If you do end up going to the park and it is crowded or you dont feel like waiting than you could always buy the flash pass at the park. Dont worry about the flash passes selling out because they wont. I would not recommend the platinum flash pass on that day because it probably wont be worth what you paid. The regular or the gold would probably be your best bet.

The only problem I see is that the park will be cheap and run one train on most coasters.

Unfortunately, this is all too likely to be true. I went on a Thursday in mid-May a couple years back, and had that very problem. The crowds were mild, but they had one-train operation on every single ride. I can't imagine that they were rehabbing *all* of those trains simultaneously (besides, isn't that what the off-season is for?). The only reason I can guess was so they could save money and sell more Flash Passes. Fortunately, the aforementioned Flash Pass is an option, which should rescue you from any 1-train frustrations. Still, since it's after Memorial Day, that could mean that they'll run 2 trains on the rides. In that case, you'll have a fantastic day there. Just go and play it by ear.

I just went this Wednesday and it was dead. Went to the park for 2 hours and rode Goliath three times, Batman once, and Apocalypse 4 times without getting off. A few rides like X2 were closed due to the wind too. Goliath had a two train operation. Batman was running a two train operation but only loading one, and Apocalypse was running a two train operation. With that said some colleges get out Memorial Weekend so you could expect slightly more people but not many.

Looking at going to SFMM for the first time on either Friday, June 8 or Saturday, June 9. Will definitely be getting a QBot either way, and Friday is a supposed to "Grad Night" where the guests get a free ticket to the park, as well.

With all of that said, any regulars have an opinion of which of the two days would be better to go? The Friday with the park closing at 6pm and a Grad Night crowd, or a Saturday in June?

Thanks for the tips!

Thats a hard one but it depends on how long you stay. Im not sure how crowded grad night is but If id have to guess id say it would be similar to a Saturday. I am familiar with Saturdays however. The longest line you will probably have to wait in is two hours and every other ride will have a one hour to one hour and 30 minute wait. You could probably get by on a few coasters at a 30 minute wait. Overall both of those day are terrible to go on. If you do go on one of those days get a Gold or Platinum Flash Pass.

Thats a hard one but it depends on how long you stay. Im not sure how crowded grad night is but If id have to guess id say it would be similar to a Saturday. I am familiar with Saturdays however. The longest line you will probably have to wait in is two hours and every other ride will have a one hour to one hour and 30 minute wait. You could probably get by on a few coasters at a 30 minute wait. Overall both of those day are terrible to go on. If you do go on one of those days get a Gold or Platinum Flash Pass.

I'd personally go Saturday and buy a Flash Pass. The crowds won't really matter if you have a gold or platinum one, plus you'd get three more hours in the park.

Does anyone have a clue of what will replace Log Jammer? I saw this video and it said a new attraction is coming on one of the signs. URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUQ_OtRVgdM&feature=related

Plus it is a lot of space, so it may be a new roller coaster?

EDIT: Oh, I may be going to California (Finally) in early June! We will more than likely be going to SFMM because I've talked to my parents about that park alot of times. What rides should I go on first? What if I have a Flash Pass?

EDIT: Oh, I may be going to California (Finally) in early June! We will more than likely be going to SFMM because I've talked to my parents about that park alot of times. What rides should I go on first? What if I have a Flash Pass?

No matter what, go to X2 first and get on. Then if you want to get a Flash Pass, get one now. If not, proceed to Tatsu, then Apocalypse, then Riddler's Revenge (single rider line), Green Lantern (single rider line), Batman, Scream, Goliath, then rerides or anything else.

(This is the plan I am taking today and I will let you know how it goes.)

Haha! How many times can you pan and zoom around the same area of dirt? That was one of the lamest "updates" I've ever seen. I'm ashamed to have watched the whole thing.

Edited by Mechanic

Haha! How many times can you pan and zoom around the same area of dirt? That was one of the lamest "updates" I've ever seen. I'm ashamed to have to have watched the whole thing.

Not to mention the absolutely god-awful shaking throughout. YouTube made a stabilization software for a reason! Use it!