TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

^Yes! I asked an attendent up there if it was temporary, and he said it was permenant. Which could mean anything, since the employees know nothing about what is going on at the park. There is still some maps and pictures up there on the walls, but I would't be surprised if they are removed soon. It is a bummer, because this could've been a really cool for people who would like to know SFMM history. Seems like Magic Mountain is starting to turn back to its old self. Which isn't good.

While I did like the Sky Tower museum, and thought it was a nice touch, I'm not sure I will miss it as much as others will. I could hardly ever manage to catch it open, and it always felt half done, like an after thought.

I felt like the employee who's idea it was deserved a better effort by the park.

As for the park itself, I agree it is slipping backwards at an alarming rate. It's like they couldn't wait for Mark and Jay to go, so they could go back to building mega-coasters and treating guests like money bags. I'm hoping it doesn't continue...

^When you were up in the Sky Tower did you notice anything missing in there- like the 'museum'?

Definitely gone.

Took these today. The Sky Tower op I talked to today said all of the museum items were being stored in the lower observation level. She didn't know if the museum was coming back or not which we all can pretty much agree it probably won't be.

^ That's just really unfortunate. It was really nice to go up there to learn about the park, and to find new items.

Honestly, what did it cost to have the items up there? I don't remember more than one employee in the tower (other then the one in the elevator).

^^My thoughts exactly.

^That's what the Sky Tower op said. I gave her the benefit of the doubt on her knowledge seeing how she operates it. I'm not even sure operators are allowed on the lower level so she definitely could be wrong and the items may have been removed completely from the tower.

Edited by DJeXeL

^That's hasn't been confirmed but it is what the ride op told me. I'm thinking they just removed the items completely and put them back in the admin offices where they were probably found to begin with.

This gives me a lot less incentive to go up in the Sky Tower again. Yes, it gives a good view of the park and the surrounding land, but how often do you need to go up and see everything? Besides, it takes three or four times as long as the average gyro tower since you have to wait for the elevator twice. I wonder what the park is thinking, as I can't imagine it required any additional staffing or maintenance work to keep the artifacts on display up there. Unless they've got other plans for the space, it makes no sense.

Along with the museum being gone, still nothing listed for the use of the stadium by Riddler either. Unless they close the Tower to save on labor costs, doesn't make much sense in removing the items. Maybe they do have future plans for the structure? Imo, great jumping off point for a zip line one day.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but why aren't people allowed to the lower level of the Sky Tower?

Because idiots dropped things, like coins, down on the unsuspecting people below.

SFMM really is going backwards, as mentioned before, the Magic of the Mountain really made Sky Tower more interesting, now it's just plain and boring in there (other than the views).

When Jay Thomas came to the park, he really knew what he was doing. He cleaned the place up, and made trips to the park a lot more bearable. I really miss Jay and what he did for the park, cleanliness wise and ride wise, an overall family friendly place. I really enjoyed the park during his "presidency". Now with Bonnie Rabjohn, the park is back in this depressing decline, and it is sad to see the place turning back into what it once was. I'm surprised that Tim, or Neal, or for that matter any other previous manager don't seem to keep the values Jay had for the park.

Was at the park today, absolutely dead, if you can make it on a weekday in the next two weeks you'll have a blast. The first lot was barely full and there was maybe two buses. Our day summed up was 41 rides on X2 being in the park from just after 1pm to 6pm close!

^ Sounds like an EPIC X2 SESSION! (jealous)

I haven't been to the park since this past October, when I was there the park looked great and everything seemed to be running fine. Just curious, but other than the Sky Tower Museum getting the shaft, what other bad things are they doing to make everyone say the park is heading back down the wrong path?