TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Sad times! There goes my chance to ride it reversed this year. I guess there's another reason to go back next year!

Its not gonna be closed the whole year...just while Drop of Doom is being constructed, and probably some time after to test the two together.

I know that. I'm only going for WCB so this will be the only chance I get to ride it this year... But I can wait another year.

I just wanted to suggest running to Green Lantern first over X2 or Tatsu if it's not a very crowded day. You'll be able to get a bunch of rides in on Green Lantern before the line even gets down the stairs, while it's pretty much a one-and-done on X2 (I'm not too sure about Tatsu, but it's probably also crowded early on), and you can hit up X2 or Tatsu around 4 or 5PM, which I've noticed is the "sweet spot," as far as being the shortest wait throughout the day, besides right when the park opens.

Yes, but only do Green Lantern first if it is an emptier day. And have at least 3 people. Or else they might make you wait until more show up, which could be like 10 minutes in the morning. And yes, X2 is usually shorter around 3-5 pm. I went on January 3rd, and in the morning the X2 line was out the entrance (not using any queues though). I checked back at around 1 PM and the line was to the end of the large queue area by the lift hill. The line stopped at the end of the first switchback. Then when I went in at about 3:30, you could almost walk up to where they split you to the stairs or the ramp. The end was right under the big X2 logo. The wait went down from about an hour to 15 minutes in about 2 hours! That's crazy!

Even though the line at Superman ends just outside the tunnel on most days, the Flash Pass employee that merges the Flash Pass people with the regular line limits the amount of people that can file into the rows (not assigned seating though). Keeps groups together so there are no empty seats and the line moves considerably faster. About 30 minutes from where the line splits for the two tracks (which is my wait time limit for SFMM rides), 45 minutes on a bad day.

Yes, but that is still long for a 20 second ride. And Tatsu is best to ride right before closing, it usually has the shortest line then. If you can't ride X2 in the morning, then ride between 3 and 5 pm. That is when the line is shortest. Green Lantern is usually the worst in the middle of the day, but it usually empties out in the morning and before closing. Goliath is almost always bad in the afternoon.

^Hey, I was happy (in a way) to wait nearly two hours for TTD...

Anyway, I'm glad to hear there's a second time of day when it's often ideal to ride X2. It'll be a tough choice, but I'm thinking of heading to Green Lantern first next time I go, because, well, I need the credit and want to get it quick.

I recommend using Discover anytime you go, especially when you are going to X2. Green Lantern doesn't really matter because only four people decided to go to it a few days before Christmas. My friend and I were 2 of the 4. So you can get in a lot of morning rides! But only do the X2 later trick if the park isn't very busy. And make sure it closes at 6PM. If it doesn't, then your best bet is to go first thing, as the line won't drop more than 15 min. during these times.

If you don't mind waiting, I would say that my favorite ride on X2 was at night in November when it was very cold and very windy. The fire was off, but barely being able to breath with the wind-chill and the roughness caused by the wind made it a whole lot more exhilarating. This is very off-topic, but I thought I'd put this out there.

I remebern going on X2 and Goliath when it was SNOWING last year.. That's an experience I won't forget..

That's like a once in a lifetime experience. I think I went the day before it snowed and I was so upset that I missed riding X2 in the snow.