TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2228 - Wonder Woman Flight of Courage REAL POV!

I think chain wide the Fright Fest budget has been increased substantially.

It almost seems as if this is a direction the popularity is heading. More and more people appear to enjoy this time of year as opposed to the regular season days. I know the first year Kennywood tried it we were there and it was pretty eerie with all the lights out except a few, and a very dense fog enveloping the park. Now if we could just get the parks hopping on the Christmas bandwagon and running the rides like they do in Japan!!

Hello. new member here

looks like most of you have alot of inside info from me reading some of the older post.

I just again started to get back to my rollercoster fun. Does anyone know if the ride will have anything different during fright fest. I heard that in past yrs Magic had ride in the dark and blood falls log ride. Im just wondering if I will get a difference experience to make the rides even more fun.

P.S.

Green lantern is a great ride, but im still going miss deja vu

yeah , i just did that because i don't want to see any dumb notations or replies from others saying .. " SUPERMAN IS THE TALLEST U FREAK" or " get your facts right this is not the tallest nor fastest" or ... well.. you get it

SUPERMAN IS THE TALLEST U FREAK get your facts right this is not the tallest nor fastest!

There you go. Happy?

What the hell! LMAO ! >_<''

I wish SFMM would always run one side of Colossus backwards and race it with the forwards train. Can you imagine how much hype that would bring to that 30+ year old ride? And it wouldn't cost them much. But I guess they need something to draw people into Fright Fest and making Colossus backwards exclusive to Fright Fest is one of them.

^I think most of us here knew that already, but thanks for posting for those that didn't know.

yeah , i just did that because i don't want to see any dumb notations or replies from others saying .. " SUPERMAN IS THE TALLEST U FREAK" or " get your facts right this is not the tallest nor fastest" or ... well.. you get it

This website is for well-informed enthusiasts. Nobody is going to post stupid things like what's going on in SFMM's facebook. Occasionally, we enthusiasts do mess up in facts, but we're not idiots.

Well , technically and scientifically , Did I even say you guys are idiots? I admire all of you.

I wish SFMM would always run one side of Colossus backwards and race it with the forwards train. Can you imagine how much hype that would bring to that 30+ year old ride? And it wouldn't cost them much. But I guess they need something to draw people into Fright Fest and making Colossus backwards exclusive to Fright Fest is one of them.

I think they use it as an advertising advantage for Fright Fest as well as running all year would have a greater cost for maintenance.

I don't think magic would spend money on tunnels for batman when they haven't fixed the fog for yrs. I remember at one point magic was talking about tunnels on X2. They did add tunnels to tstr now known as apocalypse. I sure do miss the old pre shows

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Terminator opened with tunnels. That's where I thought, "Take the Tunnel!" came from.

While I think Deja-Vu's lift ranks up there as one of the biggest HOLY CRAP moments on any ride, the loading system was terrible, it was always down for one reason or another, the capacity was a joke, and the line was always seemed filled with solely rowdy and raunchy teens.

It seems Vekoma always makes spectacular designs, but they just mess up the ride either with high down-time, high roughness, or worse, BOTH!

AND on top of that, they clone the coasters excessively.