TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2228 - Wonder Woman Flight of Courage REAL POV!

An intense, REAL free fall is disappointing?

If you are going to simplify my statement, then yes. "An intense, REAL free fall was disappointing." I also have to say that I appreciate the bouncy part after the initial fall; it completes the ride experience, instead of just getting up and leaving 5 seconds after the climax of the ride.

Well ok, I was just asking and I see your point about the "bouncy" part, I have to admit that part is kind of fun.

The Six Flags Ride Rotation Program is back, it seems! Think about it: Chang moves from the then Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom to Six Flags Great Adventure as The Green Lantern, Serial Thriller moves from the closed Astroworld to The Great Escape then to La Ronde, now Deja Vu moving from Magic Mountain to Six Flags New England.

I wouldnt say its back until new rides start moving around. IN 2 years if Green Lantern starts moving ill agree with you. But all of these moves make sense. With the land cleared for Mr Six(before it was RRE) Deja Vu no longer makes sense for the location, but a much larger ride could fit there. And with SFNE needing a new ride, this move makes sense. Moving rides from closed parks to operating parks while Six Flags re-structured was a move that made sense. Hyperbole is not becoming.

Has it been conformed that Big Spin from SFDK is going to Mexico? Because I can see it in Deja Vu's spot perfectly. And they wouldn't lose there coaster crown.

Well, it hasn't even been conformed that Big Spin is even leaving SFDK, so no, it hasn't.

On the ride rumor thing, they pointed the camera at SM:EK, didn't they, which IS a coaster. So could they be hinting a new coaster 2012, bringing back they coaster tittle? Because not all parks have to be as obvious as SFA when it comes to a 2012 addition

I heard that they are selling off each of their coasters one by one, in an anticipated move to sell the land to Newhall Land & Farming Company

All I know is Newhall owns the land AROUND the park, I never heard anything about them actually using Magic Mountain as there housing development. Well back in 2007 yeah but not anything recent.

How come nobody has suggested a Windseeker for SFMM.. on top of the mountain, with fire, and a backwards program during October?

Seriously though.. Intamin drop towers > S&S

But I'd still take an S&S if they put it in a kick ass location (up there with Tatsu). Knowing SFMM, they'll stick it out in the parking lot next to scream.

^Because Intamin towers> S&S Towers> Windseekers

But sarcasm about a Windseeker > 30 pages discussing Deja Vu's replacement.

But I guess that's why there are over 2000 pages for SFMM..

On a serious note, how is Termi, I mean apocalypse, running these days? And how is the audio doing on X2? I guess I'm trying to motivate myself to get up there for the Halloween stuff.

It's funny nobody talks much about Apocalypse, even the locals (probably because the lame ass pre-show zaps all the good will from the riders), but it's easily one of the best rides on the west coast, and would be a star at another park. It still rides great, and night rides are the most fun you can have at SFMM.

It's funny nobody talks much about Apocalypse, even the locals (probably because the lame A$$ pre-show zaps all the good will from the riders), but it's easily one of the best rides on the west coast, and would be a star at another park. It still rides great, and night rides are the most fun you can have at SFMM.

And it's just so different than out & back woodies that have straightaways and airtime hills (or scenic forest tours *cough* Beast *cough*).

Plus, for the time being, it has tunnels and fire, and, on occasion, fog. I just hope the park keeps it smooth.

^^ & ^. All valid points, and Terminator is one of the best wooden rides I've been on, but Magic Mountain has put in some of the most innovative amusement rides known to the industry. Their follow up to alot of this now are just mediocre rides that don't compliment the high octane thrill rides that are there now. Any ride that goes into that park that's not the next "X" is going to be shawdowed by X, Tatsu, Goliath, etc.

^^ & ^. All valid points, and Terminator is one of the best wooden rides I've been on, but Magic Mountain has put in some of the most innovative amusement rides known to the industry. Their follow up to alot of this now are just mediocre rides that don't compliment the high octane thrill rides that are there now. Any ride that goes into that park that's not the next "X" is going to be shawdowed by X, Tatsu, Goliath, etc.

I could not agree more!

It's funny nobody talks much about Apocalypse, even the locals (probably because the lame A$$ pre-show zaps all the good will from the riders), but it's easily one of the best rides on the west coast, and would be a star at another park. It still rides great, and night rides are the most fun you can have at SFMM.

Evenings at Apocalypse are a pretty well kept secret. Now that it's running two trains, the line gets eaten up (nom nom nom) by evening time, and you can get repeat rides at dusk and dark. By that time the ride is still loading full trains, and it hauls ass. The train feels like its trying to rip through the track and it has out of control laterals and little pops of airtime. Frankly, I don't really miss the audio and could care less if there are terminators in the third preshow room. The flames are a staple though. At night, they light up the entire structure as well as neighboring Deja Vu, and the heat is exhilerating. The red siren lights in the first tunnel and misters in the station fly by are pretty badass too.

The crew has mastered how to get people to put on the double seatbelt and lapbar checks are very fast (no brake run stacking either). They'll open up all the preshow doors and let you walk to the station, where you will wait anywhere between 1 to 4 trains for your ride. I can usually get 3 to 5 rides in easily, and could continue if I wanted to stay longer. During the day when everyone is at X2, Viper, Tatsu, Deja Vu, and Apocalypse, lines are usually between 30 to 60 minutes. The only time it really stays busy are Saturdays, when the entire park is slammed anyway.

Evenings are without question Apocalypse's prime time.

There are so many hidden great rides at SFMM (night Apocalypse, Scream, and night Ninja [the light reflections off the lake are mesmerising]) that don't get lines because X, Tatsu, Goliath, and the new 2011 attractions suck up everyone. It will be interesting to see how Superman and Green Lantern fair after their first couple seasons. We'll see if they can keep a crowd!

Im sorry if im changing the subject but does anyone know how busy the parks gets on a average Wednesday? What rides should I go on first to beat the lines later in that day? All I know is that X2, Tatsu, Goliath, and the "New" rides get long lines.

Edited by Andrewoplis

^ Since most schools are starting back up, with some having already begun, the park should be thinning out. Also keep in mind that the park goes back to weekend only operations sometime in September.

If you get there before the park opens, head toward X2 QUICKLY, then check Tatsu's line; if it's too busy, head toward Superman and/or Apocalypse, then complete the loop.

Conversely, if you get there after they open, head to Goliath first, and then make the rounds.

^Thanks! Im just wondering, do Riddler and Scream still have short lines, I remember them always having short lines of my visits.

Riddler's Revenge can have a very long line or be near walk on depending on what time you visit. In the late afternoon to early evening it can back up to 20 to 40 minutes, but mostly will stay between 5 and 15 minutes. Scream will probably have an empty station no matter what time of day you visit.