TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Ok so if DV consumed resources that could be used to rehab other rides, would not another coaster basically do the same thing? With so many coasters there removing one would not really make a difference in the rehab schedule but more staffing would.

When you consider that Deja Vu needs so much attention & so much work that it hasn't been running for nearly 40% of every year, and has had major problems basically ever since it opened including one or more completely lost years, no, another coaster would not basically do the same thing. Far from it in fact. It makes much more sense to have a seasonally operating coaster like Deja Vu in a seasonally operating park like SFNE instead of a park that's open year-round.

It would be almost impossible to build another coaster that would even come close to requiring as much refurb attention as what Deja Vu's commanded basically since it opened.

So it looks like Six Flags will be announcing all of the new additions on Sept 1st. I do find it interesting that most of the parks are hinting at what is coming, yet SFMM has been completely silent. I don't know if this signals something big on the way, or if it's just a difference in PR styles. With a few of the "mid" range parks receiving used or relocated coasters, and at least one of the "major" parks looking like they will build a spanking new B&M, I'm very curious where this leaves SFMM. Especially having just opening Green Lantern, about to remove a very popular coaster, and about to have some pretty blazing competition from the other So-Cal parks.

My view - you want a family park go to Disney. Keep SFMM with lots of coasters. I personally prefer coasters to flat rides but that's just me.

Very sad to see Deja Vu go as I will probably never get to ride it now.

Surely with 2 boomerangs SFNE will have an Australian theme for that area?

^What about the Tilt a Whirl!!! BRING BACK THE TILT A WHIRL!!!!!

Better yet, since SFNE will have 2 boomerangs next to each other, then Magic Mountain needs to recover whats left of the Batman/Shockwave Stand Up coaster that use to be at SFMM and return it to its rightful spot.....Two Stand Ups is what the park needs!

No,you guys can have IW as a consolation prize.

Typically if the park is this quiet so close to the next years announcements, it means not a lot will be happening. If the park was getting a coaster that has been unannounced, we'd typically be hearing some rumors or seeing some track by now. The fact that Magic Mountain has been completely silent kinda leads me to believe a small investment, if any, will be up for next year. Might have to wait for 2013 for a new big coaster.

Last year Green Lantern wasn't even announced until October and the ride didn't even arrive until February. Just wait a bit longer and we might hear something. They're going to do something even if it's not a huge ride or a coaster. I doubt they'll just leave empty space lying around for a year.

My reasoning for a drop tower NOT going on the side of Superman right now:

- They would have to close their 'brand new' ride for at least six months.

- They have plenty of other room and places where it would be easier/cheaper to build.

Now, Six Flags hasn't exactly proved itself with 'reasoning' lately though so who knows!

The tower is not designed to be a combo tower, period. It would require the tower to be dismantled and refabricated. Way more expense than its worth especially given how much $ has already been sunk into the ride. If it aint broke done fudge with it. They're gonna build a new ride with a large capacity, and why WOULDN'T they build it on the hill?