TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Somebody over at MiceChat asked us about school districts around SFMM and when they were going back, so I did a little research. Figured you all may want to know this as well for any end-of-summer trips to the park.

School Start Dates:

LAUSD - September 7th

Santa Clarita School Districts:

Castaic School District - August 11th

William S. Hard School District - August 18th

Saugus School District - August 17th

Sulphur Springs School District - August 18th

Newhall School District - Still has 2009 calendar up on their site, but one can assume it would be around the same time.

Palmdale School District - September 6th

Lancaster School District - September 7th

Ventura Area Schools:

Ventura School District - August 23rd

Oxnard School District - August 30th

Pleasant Valley School District - August 31st

Bakersfield School District - August 22nd

Looks like the last two weeks in August may be a good time to head out to the park for weekdays.

Somebody over at MiceChat asked us about school districts around SFMM and when they were going back, so I did a little research. Figured you all may want to know this as well for any end-of-summer trips to the park.

School Start Dates:

LAUSD - September 7th

Santa Clarita School Districts:

Castaic School District - August 11th

William S. Hard School District - August 18th

Saugus School District - August 17th

Sulphur Springs School District - August 18th

Newhall School District - Still has 2009 calendar up on their site, but one can assume it would be around the same time.

Palmdale School District - September 6th

Lancaster School District - September 7th

Ventura Area Schools:

Ventura School District - August 23rd

Oxnard School District - August 30th

Pleasant Valley School District - August 31st

Bakersfield School District - August 22nd

Looks like the last two weeks in August may be a good time to head out to the park for weekdays.

You forgot a big one, the Antelope Valley Highschool District, Aug 8th.

Also went on saturday and unfortunately green lantern was running like crap, every car stopped on the MCBR for a good minute. Was not a happy puppy after my ride. The good news, batman and goliath are running the best ive ridden in years, and Colossus is running both trains. which is always fun, even if its a shitty racer.

Going to be 100% honest, I haven't used any of the coupon's for years. But I remember back in the day when they used to give multiple free-friend, free-parking, etc you had to show a pass for each coupon you were using. Something tells me that hasn't changed.

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured... well it's not my money, and only a $10 difference from the online tix... and the twicket for the 2nd day will be good also, thanks...

AAAND, thats awesome info about the school start dates... looks like we may get pretty lucky on the 23/24th with low crowds.

Thank you mucho!!

^Probably 1 side. I haven't seen them run both sides in a very long time.

As for Deja Vu relocation, I just do not see it happening. At WCB, the management said that Magic Mountain has put a lot of effort into keeping it the best run GIB in the chain, and said the only reason why it hasn't been sold off is because Magic Mountain's mechanics have kept it in good shape.

Hopefully, if anything, a retheme of Deja Vu will happen with the addition of a major flat ride in the open plot right next door. Maybe Cyclone bay can become like an "End of the World" type of area for 2012!

Hey do any of you guys know if they have been running both stations at Tatsu or just one?

I can answer this one. Tatsu is actually running both sides on a daily basis now. It really helps capacity. The only time we don't run both sides is when we are short on certified operators or on low attendance days.

Is most of the discussion of relocating Deja Vu forum rumors or has there been some managment at Magic Mountain that has been talking about that maybe happening at one point or another? I may be one of the few on this thread that loves the Giant Inverted Boomerangs but I could be wrong, but I would hate to see Deja Vu leave Magic Mountain and hopefully this is all just rumors.

Hey do any of you guys know if they have been running both stations at Tatsu or just one?

I can answer this one. Tatsu is actually running both sides on a daily basis now. It really helps capacity. The only time we don't run both sides is when we are short on certified operators or on low attendance days.

I was there a couple weeks ago and they were running both sides, though does help to have a FP

There is a new show on Travel Channel today at 4pm and 7pm called "Scream If You Know The Answer!" Judging from the commercial of this weeks episode SFMM will be the featured park! The show consists of "Burt The Conqueror" asking people trivia questions while riding different rollercoasters. Deja-Vu, Riddlers, Goliath, Tatsu, S:EFK and X2 were all featured on the commercial so it should be a good 30 min.

I dunno about standard travel channel, but on Travel HD on Directv, it was only available at 4pm pacific, not 7 [maybe it was 4 and 7 eastern time?] Luckily I have an iPhone with the Directv app so I can set my DVR from anywhere [like work where I am now], I caught it 5 minutes in, but better than missing it! Looking forward to checking it out!

[wow, that sounded like a commercial, definitely not intentional]

^^ I didn't realize there was another school district in the Antelope valley. Good to know.

Weird that the AV HS district starts a full month before the other schools in the area.

its odd, but its the AV so is all f*d up. Also tatsu was running both stations on Sat. Only 2 trains tho.

And schedule around all of the other coasters that's have multiple trains that all need to rehabbed for the summer as well as all the other rides and any and all park maintenance done in the off season, yeah, sounds soooo easy doesn't it!

^When you're a major player in a major business, it should be. Honestly, Disney, Universal, and Busch all seem to do it fine for the most part (not sure about CF), but somehow SFMM gets exempted from having to have full capacity on their rides because it's "hard?"

This year the parks maintenance team was very busy getting their three new coaster experiences ready. They had to assemble the trains for Green Lantern, Road Runner Express, and Superman. Then they finished the apocalypse train. It takes fifteen weeks for a train to be fully rehabbed. Scream is getting worked on now because it needs it more than Tatsu. They have one dedicated team for rehabbing trains and they just work on the ride that needs it the most.Running a park the size of Magic Mountain is not easy. There's a lot more to it than just turning the power on and opening the main gate.

^^ and ^ That explains A LOT then. Ideally, Apoc is really the only ride that should go down for rehab; the rest have three or more trains, so why not just do one at a time? That was always my million dollar question, until I realized there was only one team.