TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2228 - Wonder Woman Flight of Courage REAL POV!

Is the old roller skater site next to Deja Vu still boarded up? I'm wondering what they will do with that plot of land now.

Still boarded up and still vacant (as of my last visit on February 20). I'm guessing that area will be used for a small attraction or game of some sort, or a station for something in the future. Who knows? We'll see.

Eric

The dippin dot's guy mentioned a Tilt-A-Whirl.

Isn't space mountain made specially by a ride manufacture owned by disney?

Disneyland's Space Mountain was originally built by WED, but it was re-tracked by Vekoma. Hong Kong's Space Mountain was built entirely by Vekoma.

I believe Magic Kingdom's Space Mountain(s) are the only ones that are still original WED tracks.

Disneyland's Space Mountain's 2nd generation track was manufactured by Amec Dynamic Structures not Vekoma. But back on topic, Deja Vu is better now than it was in 2001

Deja Vu is not the kind of coaster you can ride over and over, atleast for me it's much too intense for that. It's more of the "Xtreme" kind of ride the park was going for when they installed X, but is a must-ride for anyone that hasn't been on it yet.

PeopleMoverMatt hit the nail on the head, ride it in the very back seat on the outside and that first freefall drop is way tall and terrifying. You're facing the ground and they time the release for the drop just right so you get that maximum air between the seat and the restraint. Total weightlessness and a feeling like you jumped off a building. And at the last second, the seat scoops your butt before you hit the ground and then yanks you forward with power.

The rest of the ride is awesome too, IMO one of my top 3 at the park.

BTW I saw the ERT posting for the WCB AM and didn't see S:EFK on there...

Sinds we are talking about Deja Vu, I hope it will be running in september as well. I've been on Stuntfall (Spanish Deja Vu). But the ting is, in Parque Warner you cannot try the first or last row... Due to safety So I Would love to try the ride up front. Hope the one in Magic Mountain will be as nice as in Warner Madrid!

For me, Deja Vu in the very last row has always been a great ride. The vertical drop after being pulled up the tower is very fun. Hard to believe Vu turns 10 this year. Where does the time go??

Agreed, the back is my favorite seat. I was there for media day. I rode it in the last row for my first ride. They were still doing landscaping at that time and there were a lot of "displaced" bees around. I'm allergic to bee stings On the last pull up to the spike before letting slowly down into the station, a bee got between me and the restraints. You guessed it, I was stung. I then headed to Mayo hospital's ER for a shot of epinephrine to stop the swelling. Not a good visit, but I still enjoy Vu each time I'm at the Mountain.

I've been on Stuntfall (Spanish Deja Vu). But the thing is, in Parque Warner you cannot try the first or last row... Due to safety

No one can sit there? Do they run those rows empty? Seems odd if that's the case.

For anyone who went to the S:EFK preview last weekend, were they running both tracks or just one? I've seen pictures of the right track going, but none from the left one.

Eric

No one can sit there? Do they run those rows empty? Seems odd if that's the case.

Nope, no one can. The First 6 Seats and the last 4 are forbidden... This was the case in 2008 an 2009 when I visited the park!

It's very odd indeed! This would be in case the train stalls in it's cobra roll, the evacuation platform would be to small.

So I long for a frontseat ride in September

Wow that sucks. Take a ride that has horrible capacity to begin with and take seats out of service. How long are the lines normally on a summer day?

Edited by DJeXeL

^Not too long. It's odd. Parque Warner has this amazing coaster line-up yet their attendance is lower than Parque de Atracciones'.

Even on busy days, the line for Stunt Fall is about 30/45ish minutes.

After the Disneyland resort, I think SFMM is the next best park to go to if you are from out of town and particulary like roller coasters. Then after that I would say its pretty even IMO between KBF, USH, and SeaWorld. But it ultamitly depends on your taste buds.

Edited by gforce532

Is SFMM really woth visiting? I live in the east-coast but want to visit some parks on the west-coast eventually. Should I put this park on the list?

Yes it is, and yes you should! I went there last winter, and X2 is the best coaster I've ridden, and there are other great rides, like Goliath and Tatsu!

Is SFMM really woth visiting? I live in the east-coast but want to visit some parks on the west-coast eventually. Should I put this park on the list?

If you come out here and visit Disneyland, but you don't go to SFMM, it'd be like visiting Ohio, and not stopping at Cedar Point.

If you're a TPR member, you can get a discounted ticket, or buy an annual pass for $60 (aren't they good at all Six Flags parks?). Add on parking, gas, food/drinks, and it's still a bargain for what you get.

Is it worth coming out here justto go to SFMM? Yes. But there are so many other parks here that you'd need a good week to do everything.

This is definitely the place to be if you have questions.

My biggest suggestion if you come out here: go to SFMM on any day other than Saturday.

If you go to Disneyland this summer, you might be better off going on a Saturday - during the summer, the first two passes are blocked, and the #3 passes are usually blocked (on Saturdays), leaving the park open to guests with tickets or Premium pass holders. Basically, based on what I've seen on a Disney forum, it's possible to have Saturdays that are not as busy as Fridays or Sundays.

Yes it is, and yes you should! I went there last winter, and X2 is the best coaster I've ridden, and there are other great rides, like Goliath and Tatsu!

That's also a good point - SFMM has a NICE collection of coasters that are seemingly rare compared to the rest of the US.

X2 - only other 4D coaster is in Japan.

Superman - only other coaster like it is in Australia; based on reports seen here, it's a great ride!

Ninja - suspended coasters are slowly disappearing, and they're a kick in the a$$ to ride (that's a good thing)

Viper - 7 inversions.. still a darn good ride; I think it still has the tallest loop around.

Batman - an intense B&M.. it actually packs a punch.

Etc. I'll get back to this post.

Rode SEFK Sunday(2/27) and goin again next sun. Anyone know of rehersals or operation next weekend?

"SNEAK PEEK"

TECHNICAL REHEARSALS

March 5, 6, 12, & 13

12pm - 5pm

From the Email I got, says you need the email print out still.