TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

For anyone who has been on Insane, which side do you prefer to face on the coaster, like comparing the two different POVs in the video?

I wouldn't really use Insane as a guideline, as I prefer to sit facing the water for the gorgeous view! Perhaps you might want to sit facing backwards so you don't know when that first drop is coming? But depending on the weight distribution I've been facing the drop but still unable to see it due to heavier people behind us. Just another reason this ride is so awesome as you can get a totally different ride everytime you go on it!

You'll probably get a different ride every time you go on Green Lantern if Insane is anything to go by, which means grand ol' Jeff Johnson will need a scientific calculator to count the credits. I have to admit, on Insane when I was on the outside swinging out, I really copped it in the guts.

I hope they have an interesting queue because the lines for this will probably be huge, it's such a different ride experience, and unique for the USA. Boy SFMM has such a varied coaster line up now - Zacspin, 4D, Arrow looper, floorless, stand-up, invert, GI boomerang, GCI, flyer, reverse freefall, hyper, dual track woodie, suspended, schwarzkopf, mine train...

^ I'm thinking if people go to GL first thing, they'll have a better shot at a couple of rides. The lemmings are still going to run to X2, Viper and Tatsu. I'm also hoping for an entertaining, interactive queue for GL, because mid day lines are going to be outrageous. Otherwise, thank God we live in the era of the q-bot and smartphone!

I think Insane is cooler than Green Lantern because of the height above sea-level; the pov segment when you hit the brakes facing downward at the water looked freaky, kind of how the drop is like on X2. I wonder how the views will be like on GL

Edited by A113

Personally, I think they should hold off on adding Flash Pass to Green Lantern till it's been open awhile. Otherwise, if it's popular, there will be a lot of FP holders waiting to ride and the regular line will barely move, if at all.

Eric

^Hopefully, they'll include this one on the Q-bot, not an upcharge like X2 after you get a gold or higher q-bot.

I think it will only come with Gold or Platinum but not as an upcharge.

-Cookie

I hope either of these turns out true.

I was thinking for sure they would use this to get more people to pay for a platinum flashpass & then still charge it as an extra.

I noticed a couple of places on the track where the cars get very close to each other. Of course they're not going to hit, but depending on which way the riders are facing, it could be an unnerving sight. But that will just add to the thrill.

It would be nice if all coasters with inversions could adapt the ZacSpin-type OTSRs.

Eric

Personally, I think they should hold off on adding Flash Pass to Green Lantern till it's been open awhile. Otherwise, if it's popular, there will be a lot of FP holders waiting to ride and the regular line will barely move, if at all.

Heh, tell the guys at Lo-Q how you don't want to include the brand new ride that everyone will want to buy a Flash Pass for to NOT be included on the system! I'm sure that will go over well....

As a customer, the #1 ride I would want on the Flash Pass is going to be the most popular one with potentially the longest line!

--Robb

^Hopefully, they'll include this one on the Q-bot, not an upcharge like X2 after you get a gold or higher q-bot.

Well, according to the Green Lantern official website, Flash Pass access is available for Gold and Platinum Flash Pass only. No mention of a upcharge yet.

http://www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/rides/GreenLanternLA.aspx

Let's see what happens once the coaster is open for a while.

Eric

Don't they let the fast pass users on in groups? Like say there's 50 fast pass users in the fast pass line for a ride. They let a train fill with flash pass users, then they let the next train be general public. Or at least something to that effect. Also if not, shouldn't they offer flash pass holders change to a diffrent ride. Like say if your in line for Riddler, but SFMM let's you change your thing for tatsu, but you don't have to wait. But rather just walk over to it.

Anyway's if people want in front of the line so badly on new riders, they could cough up the 299.99 for the VIP tickets which grant front of line access all day some free food... and apparently a private hut or something in the water park. Though yeah I'll admit that's a lot. 299.99 per person.. good god.