TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'd like to see scream transform into bizarro

that would be nice

I disagree completely. Two rides with fire effects and onboard audio is pushing it, whereas just having one with both of them was just perfect. Having three rides with the same effects is a waste of money.

Scream does indeed deserve a makeover, but I for one want nothing superhero related for that ride. TBH, I'd think it'd be cool if they planted a whole bunch of pine trees on the right side of the park and rethemed the entire area, including Goliath, Collosus, and Scream to the North American wilderness or something.

Goliath could be renamed Sasquatch, and the line could be like Disney's Expedition Everest where it introduces you to Sasquatch lore, pictures, etc.

Scream! and Colossus could also, in turn, be renamed and rethemed to North Americans animals, both real and legendary.

I know that the management at SFMM knows all too well about the lack of theming on Scream! and Colossus---more so Scream! They've addressed it in Q&A sessions at past events. That's just not a top priority now.

According to Screamscape, B&M was said to be working on something new but didn't say what (scroll down to January 7). Also, SF There was also a rumor that "...a fairly unqiue and impressive new coaster may be planned for 2011, possibly located near the top of the Mountain itself." (scroll down to October 16)

Coincidence? Hmmm...

Eric

^ I don't know why they'd have to tear out Goliath. Most likely, a B&M hyper would be something out-and-backish like Goliath at SFOG, Behemoth, Apollo's Chariot, or Raging Bull, etc. That would be different than the hyper-twister that SFMM's Goliath is.

Eric

But didn't Tim Burkhart at West Coast Bash say he was working with Intamin or did I misinterpret that?

-Andrew

"Working" with Intamin could be something as simple as working out the logistics of taking off the Superman figure at the top of the tower. Just keep that in mind.

I heard the rain will start late Sunday night and get much heavier starting Monday. You are probably safe, weather wise, to go on Sunday and get most, if not all of your day in before the rain starts. Based on the estimated rainfall we are supposed to get I would not be surprised if the park is closed on Monday.

I was starting to worry but the repainting has somewhat reassured me that SFMM is not being neglected completly. Now,every ride looks almost new (except Scream and Tatsu but at least their not too bad). But why have they shut down Ninja, Thrill Shot, and Deja Vu? They closed the Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens so could that mean that Ninja's reached the end of its life? That would really suck. Now Thrill Shot needs to come down in order for them to install an Intamin launched freefall. Hopefullly similar to Superman: Tower of Power in Six FLags over Texas. But as for Deja Vu...they neeeeeed to keep it! What else will fit over on that side of the park? It's a great ride even dispite the down time. However as for my long term wishes for SFMM...RIP OUT SUPERMAN THE ESCAPE AND BUILD US A KINGDA KA!!!!!

I was starting to worry but the repainting has somewhat reassured me that SFMM is not being neglected completly. Now,every ride looks almost new (except Scream and Tatsu but at least their not too bad). But why have they shut down Ninja, Thrill Shot, and Deja Vu? They closed the Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens so could that mean that Ninja's reached the end of its life? That would really suck. Now Thrill Shot needs to come down in order for them to install an Intamin launched freefall. Hopefullly similar to Superman: Tower of Power in Six FLags over Texas. But as for Deja Vu...they neeeeeed to keep it! What else will fit over on that side of the park? It's a great ride even dispite the down time. However as for my long term wishes for SFMM...RIP OUT SUPERMAN THE ESCAPE AND BUILD US A KINGDA KA!!!!!

My oh my....

First off: Ninja AND Deja Vu are simply closed for their yearly maintenance...it's either that or they're going to build an aquatrax in their locations.

Secondly: Thrill shot doesn't necessarily need to come down in order to put a drop tower in, both the late Freefall and Thrill Shot operated simultaneously. Also, the Tower of Power at SFOT is an S&S drop tower.

Thirdly: Building Kingda Ka would be a huuuuuge mistake on SFMM (or any park's) part. That coaster is extremely problematic and extremely expensive. Plus, there may not even be enough room for the giant support tower that the ride has should S:tE ever go.

Thanks for the update. If they are building an Aqua Trax is would be in Ninja's Spot not Deja Vu's. Kingda Ka isnt thaaat problematic anymore either. Superman the escape was reeeaaaly problematic and is a wate of space and electricity. It's boring, loud, and old. There is plenty of room for a Kingda Ka/ TTD tower support structure. There is at least 100 yards between the main walkway and Goliath so they could easily fit it. As for the paying of it...they should wait till the econonmy comes back but SFMM needs to become like cedar point. A national roller coaster destination

^The aquatrax was a joke, and Kingda Ka was down for about half the season this year..granted it was due to a lightning strike, but I'm just saying, I doubt we'll ever see another strata coaster. I'd rather see an actually good ride put into SFMM, one with a real layout and airtime...which seems to be some kind of taboo in California.